Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Beauty Tips

Your Beauty Tips

Share your tips with everyone! Anything you like that is to do with our vanity

Mine are..!

- Obvious, but always take make up off!

- Buy a cream that has the scent of your perfume, and mix it with your foundation. The foundation helps it to stay on for longer without sinking into your skin, and so you can smell the perfume for longer. Its also good if your foundation is too dark for your skin.

- Use Tigi Bed Head Control Freak Serum. I swear by it. My hair is semi-curly, and it gets rid of the frizz every time. You can use it on dry hair to flatten out any stray ones too. And it doesn't make your hair greasy or oily looking like most serums. Its about £11 a bottle from lots of hairdressers, and lasts for agees. I got a bottle in April and used it every day and its only just running low.

- Always use heat protection on your hair if you use straighteners or hairdryers. Damaged hair is not a good look.

- Never use black eye liner! Its too harsh on everyones skin tones and makes you look like a zombie. If you want a dark shade, use a very dark brown. Its less harsh. Or be more creative and use a coloured one.

- Conditioner needs time to work properly, so don't just slap it on and wash it off straight away. Put it on and work it in, and then do something else. Like shave your legs or something. And then wash it off. Makes you hair much sleeker.

- Either wear big earrings OR wear a big necklace. Wearing both makes you look odd.

- Men: Be carefull with straighteners! Overly straightened hair on men looks odd. And if you do straighten it, the don't just leave it, but then style it. Just straightening your hair makes it look flat. Wax is your friend

- Don't use foundation on your whole face, but parts of it. Its only meant to even your skin tone, not change it.

Yours?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:

Kim (28-08-2008), Pinkbanana (04-09-2008)

I got a tip, don't bother at all, go o natural, makes your skin much healthier, and you'll look better (well the extra 30 mins in bed in the morning helps) and it's a lot cheaper
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 29-08-2008 at 00:12.

Beauty Tips - 13 page thread
    I learnt a new one yesterday.. When applying eyeliner always go from the outer corner to the inner corners of the eye as going to opposite way pulls the skin and causes wrinkles (if you keep on doing it!) x

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    I got a tip, don't bother at all, go o natural, makes your skin much healthier, and you'll look better (well the extra 30 mins in bed in the morning helps) and it's a lot cheaper
    Sorry to but in haha but i have to agree with this, i think a small amount of make up looks a lot better than the Jodie Marsh look certain girls seem to go for these days.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (29-08-2008)

Oohhhhh I have this lovely little book I bught from this potion-y shop in Tenby called Equinox.
    It's called 1001 little beauty miracles
    It's really good!

Heres a few beauty tips from there

Eyeliners sharpen better when left in the fridge for a few hours.

Kiss Away Your Double Chin
    It takes 34 individual muscles to pucker up for a goodnight kiss, and the longer it goes on, the better the workout they'll get. Keep cheeks firm with regular kissing, and your partner will thank you too!

That's definately one for you hopeless romantics

If you have warts apply the juice of a dandelion stem 2 or 3 times daily for several weeks (thats a new one )

Keep hair clean and off the face to avoid making skin greasy, especially overnight when it can rub against skin as you sleep causing blemishes and spots to appear

If you're worried about chemicals and toxins in products, the main ones to avoid on ingredients lists are: propylene glycol-used in antifreeze (when we were camping I bought tesco's face wipes which had this in.. I didn't realise until I bought the book!) sodium lauryl sulphate (used in engine degreaser) and isopropyl alcohol.

I'll find more soon

my mum swears buy using face cream everyday to protect from the elements.. she is 68 this year and looks 50... she has great skin...
    Super Mod

Its not just make up tips! Anything! Like hair tips, or clothes tips or jewelery tips. Anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Its not just make up tips! Anything! Like hair tips, or clothes tips or jewelery tips. Anything, really.
    Yup i know, i was just giving my make up tip!

Apply your foundation with a brush - I bought a Mac one recently and the girl testing it on me used a brush, said you should always use one. I now use an old blusher brush and the makeup goes on without patches and goes further too.

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post

- Men: Be carefull with straighteners! Overly straightened hair on men looks odd. And if you do straighten it, the don't just leave it, but then style it. Just straightening your hair makes it look flat. Wax is your friend
    I never use gel or wax after i've straightened as my hair always will look a mess after, so whats the point in going to all that effort to make it look like a bag of straw?

what i do do though is put the hairdryer over it, blow it around and spray loads of Shockwave onto it whilst its being blown, so it doesn't look dead straight but it doesn't look messy either

Thread Information