Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2008

Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup has confirmed that she will not return for the next series of the programme.

The professional dancer was part of the show's original lineup in 2004 and has since appeared in every series. Last month, she secured victory for the first time with her celebrity partner Tom Chambers.

"I think some people will be surprised at my decision but I feel now is the right time to go," Dallerup told the News Of The World. "I have to follow my dreams."

"I need to give other things a go before I settle down and have a family," she continued. "Winning the show was just the icing on the cake. I've always been told to leave a party when you're having a good time."

Dallerup has now called for a major revamp of the competition's voting system in the wake of the high-profile semi-final problems last month. Show producers were forced to cancel a planned elimination after the judges' scores made it impossible for viewer votes to save Chambers.

Speaking about the panel, she explained: "I think they should just act as guides to the public, who then have complete control over who goes through to the next round. The British public spend their money and want to know their call makes a difference."

She added: "Strictly's an entertainment show, not a professional competition. The public love people who can't dance as well as the other contestants but are great entertainers."

wooooo fab news!!!! she really isnt my fave dancer!!

Aww I like her, well I mean she isnt my fav or anything but I like the ones who just stay on the show
    sorry I know I sound odd and dont make sense

I can see her point of view, leave the programme on a high, and what better way to leave than as a winner.

Its been good to see the new dancers and they have added a certain sense of fun to the show, especially Brian, and John Sargeants partner (cant remember her name)

Will be interesting to see what changes are made for this years show.

Can't believe shes quit shes an amazing dancer, but to be fair shes coming to the end of her competitive dance stuff i think x

X Factor's Brian Friedman has been linked to a judge's role on Strictly Come Dancing.

The dance choreographer, 31, is in early talks to join the panel of the BBC reality show, reports the Daily Star.

"Brian would love to be on Strictly," said a source.

Former X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne, Simon Cowell's brother Tony, Kelly Rowland, the Chuckle Brothers and comic Johnny Vegas are rumoured to be among possible contestants being lined up for this year's show.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    wow they are scraping the bottom of the barrel, the CHUCKLE brothers,, OMG......

Sorry I've just got a really funny image in my head with the chuckle brothers dancing with Lila or Erin and saying "Too you, too me"

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

yay the chuckle brothers

'Strictly' merchandise to be produced

BBC Worldwide has announced that it is to launch Strictly Come Dancing merchandise.

The broadcaster's commercial arm hopes to capitalise on the show's popularity by introducing branded products including nightwear, glitterballs and iPod covers.

Worldwide's Neil Ross Russell told The Guardian: "There is a demand among fans to be able to further their enjoyment of the brand away from television.

"The product lines are a really good reflection of the glitz and glamour that Strictly Come Dancing has come to represent."

The first range of products will be launched in time for the start of the new series later this year.

Thread Information