Thread: Baby Beater Jailed.. But For How Long?

Angry Baby Beater Jailed.. But For How Long?

6 MONTHS! ONLY 6 MONTHS!
    Yeah the baby survived but what a CRUEL thing to do!

-----------

A man who was caught on camera repeatedly punching a friend's sleeping baby has been jailed for six months.

The parents of the 20-month-old boy had become concerned about the behaviour of Stephen Carty, 39, and put a camera in the room, Newcastle Crown Court heard.

Carty of, Westfield Park in Wallsend, said he carried out the attack while under "pressure" because his daughter had health problems.

He admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm. The baby recovered.

The hearing heard how the child, who was bruised after being hit on the back, was found covered in vomit after the attack at a house party in Gateshead in May.

Mark Donkin, prosecuting, said: "As a result of concerns about the child, the parents had set up a video camera in the child's room.

"During the course of the evening the child was put to bed in its cot. During the evening the defendant was seen to leave the party area and go to the toilet.

"He was followed by the child's father and he saw the defendant coming from the direction of the child's bedroom.

"The father went to the child's room and could see the child had vomited and was in a distressed state in the cot.

"When looking at the video later he saw the defendant strike the child five times while he was sleeping then leave the room quickly."

Chris Morrison, defending, said Carty felt "remorse" for what he had done.

That's terrible. I don't know how people can do things like that.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Makes me feel sick, reading stuff like that. I know they said the baby recovered but if he punched the child on the back who knows what damage he could have done.

thats absolutely disgusting! how someone can do that and then make excuses about why they did it makes me so angry! im glad the babys ok though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

6 months! The law is an ass...

What a nasty man, poor baby. He has no excuse for doing that.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 21-08-2008 at 19:09.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Six months?! Six months?!

That is totally disgusting and just shows what a complete *insert expletive of choice* our legal system is!!!!

If those parents hadn't installed cameras and caught their friend doing that, they could well have been the ones to come under scrutiny for having carried out the attack themselves!

Absolutely disgusting! It really is horrifying - how on earth he got such a leniant sentence is beyond me. Our legal system is so so wrong.

6 years would be too light in my opinion. Beating up anyone because your daughter has health problems is disgusting, let alone your friend's child; a 20 month old baby is something else again

that is terrible
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Thread Information