Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: olympics

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I'm watching the opening ceremony at the moment and will be watching the diving definitely for Tom Daley who is from down this way and is only 14.

I also love watching the athletics, and I should imagine it will on at least one of our telly's for the duration.

i can't watch it, it's too nerve-wracking, i have a really bad feeling something is going to happen this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    i can't watch it, it's too nerve-wracking, i have a really bad feeling something is going to happen this year...
    It's taking place in China where there have been lots of problems recently. Last week there was a terrorist attack in a Chinese city. Russia have declared war on Georgia today (deliberate methinks). What with China's appalling human rights situation, this is going to be interesting to watch.

At the moment, I don't think China should have been allowed to host the games. There's been loads of problems with human rights in Tibet and Burma and millions of people were evicted from their homes to build the Olympic stadia.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It's taking place in China where there have been lots of problems recently. Last week there was a terrorist attack in a Chinese city. Russia have declared war on Georgia today (deliberate methinks). What with China's appalling human rights situation, this is going to be interesting to watch.

At the moment, I don't think China should have been allowed to host the games. There's been loads of problems with human rights in Tibet and Burma and millions of people were evicted from their homes to build the Olympic stadia.
    Thats a bit harsh. Whatever country it is, there is bound to be issues surrounding it. London in 2012 - There'll be backlash about Iraq. Madrid are bidding for 2016 and Barcelona held it in 1992 - They have had their fair share of problems with terrorism. If New York had won it, again, Iraq.

I'm not going to let their issues stop me watching the Olympics. Something might happen, but i might get run over by a car tomorrow - Its not going to stop me going out.

I watched the opening ceromony and will be watching the athletics mainly.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I think they did a cracking opening ceromny, some spectacular things.

saw some of the sailing this morning. Yngling Crew did well Sarah something was the helm as theres no shirley robinson. And Ben Ainslie is 10th in the Finn and the Irish lad John someone is 22nd i think. Some good sailing.

Saw a bit of the rowing this morning as well i can't believe how fast they go!

i missed the opening ceremony, might try and see it on iplayer. i might watch some of the olympics, i like watching the gymnastics though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Im watching it over here, they go crazy for it here! And I saw an advert where they said " We're all over the olympics!"

I only saw a few minutes of the opening but I like watching some of the events. My mum told me about the 14 year old when she was asking about my friend, who wants to do the swimming. I think she's aiming for the 2012 ones.

I am happy just watching the news with the results, canĀ“t be bothered to actually watch anything live, it is on too late anyway with the time difference.

Thread Information