Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matthew King leaving emmerdale

There are rumours that he dies

Don't think so, I believe they leave it open for him to maybe return one day.
    Spoiler:
    He is responsible for Donald's death though before he leaves.

Matt to become a fatality?

Meanwhile, Emmerdale heats up in a fortnight's time during its own nuptials, as Matt (Matt Healy) and Anna (Emma Davies) prepare to begin married life together. As with all soap weddings, though, you know it's not going to go as smoothly as they'd hope.

Matt's brother Carl (Tom Lister) ruins the ceremony after discovering Donald's (Michael Jayston) heavy involvement in the King family's European haulage venture. Storming into the ceremony, he accuses Matt of joining forces with the De Souzas in a bid to ruin the Kings. The venom continues to pour from Carl's mouth and Anna is stunned to hear that her groom witnessed her father Donald's death.

As Anna tries to come to terms with Carl's revelation about her beloved father, a furious fight erupts between the King brothers and with the much-anticipated fatality of Matt on the cards, just how will he bow out of the rural soap? One thing's for sure - the pictures fall far short of the real scenario and from what I've heard, it's a good'un!

I don't want him to die

They dont have much luck with living do they the old kings, first Max, then Tom and now Matthew!

Matt Healy (Matthew King, 'Emmerdale')

After four and a half years, Emmerdale's Matt Healy is to bow out of the soap in dramatic style next week as part of screen counterpart Matt King's nuptials to Anna de Souza (Emma Davies). After discovering Donald de Souza's (Michael Jayston) involvement in the European haulage business, Matt keeps Donald's legacy from his brothers Carl (Tom Lister) and Jimmy (Nick Miles). However, when Carl gets the wrong end of the stick, he bursts into the ceremony and a vicious fight between the brothers breaks out, resulting in fatal consequences. Here, DS chats to Matt about his exit plot, working with Emma Davies and his decision to leave Emmerdale.

Over the last few months, you've been fortunate enough to work with the fantastic Emma Davies. How's that been?
    "It's been an absolute joy. Both Emma and Michael Jayston - and, of course, the boys who are my brothers - have been fantastic. As it turned out, my final couple of months turned out to be with two of the finest actors I think there is going, with Michael and Emma. It's been brilliant for me - I can't complain at all. I can't praise them enough."

Next week sees your much-anticipated wedding to Anna - does it all go to plan?
    "It doesn't go quite to plan. It's a soap wedding in Emmerdale! To a point it goes well. The King brothers have put everything they've got into this European haulage deal and it then transpires that Donald de Souza has managed to buy out the whole European company – but all the Kings' money is in it. So they're doing all the work but they're not getting paid. Donald's done a really crafty one. He's got one over on the Kings - and Matthew in particular. The bailiffs then turn up on the wedding morning!"

What happens during the wedding?
    "Carl, bless him, he never trusted Anna. Matthew, of course, does and Matt's kept the Donald secret away from his two other brothers. Carl pieces it together but gets the wrong end of the stick. He thinks that Matthew and Anna are our to shaft him and Jimmy. So Carl bowls into the wedding, having cleared off the bailiffs for the day, and scuppers the ceremony. For Matthew it's a shocker of a moment because it's the first time he's decided to go down the aisle and he actually loves Anna. He's absolutely gutted when it all pauses for the moment, shall we say. There's a very good fight scene, too. Hopefully it'll all go on TV! We took a day to do it. Usually we take a couple of hours on the fight scenes, but this one we spent a lot more time on."

What was it like filming your final scenes?
    "It was a bit like when I was at school and on the last day you were allowed to bring a board game. It was like I was waiting to play Kerplunk. It was sad, but it's the end of a chapter."

Is it quite a relief to have finished now?
    It's a bit of a relief, but not in a bad way. I wasn't desperate to leave, but it's been five years. You get to the point, though, where you think that you've done all you can. It's like any job really."

What sparked your decision to leave?
    "It was a decision made between me and the producers actually. There are changes afoot, which I think everyone will see in the New Year and I just thought that Matthew King has done as much as he can really. I think the producers were wondering what more they could do with him. It was just one of those things that came down to stories."

Do you commend people who leave iconic shows such as Emmerdale?
    "For me, I never became an actor to stay in one job for so long. Some people do and that's great, though, if you have a wife and kids etc. But I'm a single bloke with no kids, so I can afford to take a chance really. That's what it's all about - it's a gamble really."

Bonus Scoop: Emmerdale's Matt King

After nearly five years in the role, Emmerdale's Matt King is to leave the village in a dramatic fatal storyline - the ending of which has surprisingly been kept under wraps. The episodic pictures surrounding his departure have been cunningly cut before the 'event' happens, so it'll be interesting to see it all unfold on screen.

Here, I give to you some extra quotes from my recent interview with Matt about his exit from the Yorkshire soap. Matt talks about his standout scene, his funniest moment and life beyond Emmerdale.

Looking back, which of Matthew's relationships have you enjoyed the most?
    "Anna, hands down. Somehow, in such a short space of time, we've made people believe their relationship, that they genuinely love each other."

What's been the stand-out moment for you during your time at Emmerdale?
    "Being allowed to call Grayson Sinclair 'Larry'! You're not normally allowed to mess around with scripts too much, but I came up with Larry and there was a big discussion with the 'upstairs people' and in the end, they quite liked it. I got to say 'shut that door' at one point, too."

What's been the standout scene for you?
    "I think it was when we were messing about moving the postman Paul Marsden's body. I remember all that quite clearly, even though that was about four years ago. That was when Matthew came into his own, really, and when the audience first started to see him look after his brothers."

What's been the funniest moment?
    "Grayson and Matthew fighting over an open grave, when they were burying Rosemary [Sinclair]. During that fight sequence, we actually both fell into the grave backwards, which will probably appear on It'll Be Alright On The Night at some point!"

What will you miss the most?
    "The people. Cast, crew, everyone to do with it. That's what makes Emmerdale."

What do you have planned beyond Emmerdale?
    "I'm hopefully going to do nothing until January. Then if it's February and I'm still doing nothing, I'll start to worry! I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks off."

Looks like he is going to die

I just got next weeks TV guide and in it says that Matthew and Carl end up fighting and it ends up being a fatal fight. Now i may be wrong but Matthew is leaving and Carl isnt so to me that means that Matthew will die then.
    But wouldnt Carl get done for it or is he gunna get away with murder again. He has a thing about killing his family doesnt he?!?!?!
    Last edited by miccisy; 09-12-2008 at 20:51.
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

DS- Matt Healy Interview

After four and a half years, Emmerdale's Matt Healy is to bow out of the soap in dramatic style next week as part of screen counterpart Matt King's nuptials to Anna de Souza (Emma Davies). After discovering Donald de Souza's (Michael Jayston) involvement in the European haulage business, Matt keeps Donald's legacy from his brothers Carl (Tom Lister) and Jimmy (Nick Miles). However, when Carl gets the wrong end of the stick, he bursts into the ceremony and a vicious fight between the brothers breaks out, resulting in fatal consequences. Here, DS chats to Matt about his exit plot, working with Emma Davies and his decision to leave Emmerdale.

Over the last few months, you've been fortunate enough to work with the fantastic Emma Davies. How's that been?
    "It's been an absolute joy. Both Emma and Michael Jayston - and, of course, the boys who are my brothers - have been fantastic. As it turned out, my final couple of months turned out to be with two of the finest actors I think there is going, with Michael and Emma. It's been brilliant for me - I can't complain at all. I can't praise them enough."

Next week sees your much-anticipated wedding to Anna - does it all go to plan?
    "It doesn't go quite to plan. It's a soap wedding in Emmerdale! To a point it goes well. The King brothers have put everything they've got into this European haulage deal and it then transpires that Donald de Souza has managed to buy out the whole European company – but all the Kings' money is in it. So they're doing all the work but they're not getting paid. Donald's done a really crafty one. He's got one over on the Kings - and Matthew in particular. The bailiffs then turn up on the wedding morning!"

What happens during the wedding?
    "Carl, bless him, he never trusted Anna. Matthew, of course, does and Matt's kept the Donald secret away from his two other brothers. Carl pieces it together but gets the wrong end of the stick. He thinks that Matthew and Anna are our to shaft him and Jimmy. So Carl bowls into the wedding, having cleared off the bailiffs for the day, and scuppers the ceremony. For Matthew it's a shocker of a moment because it's the first time he's decided to go down the aisle and he actually loves Anna. He's absolutely gutted when it all pauses for the moment, shall we say. There's a very good fight scene, too. Hopefully it'll all go on TV! We took a day to do it. Usually we take a couple of hours on the fight scenes, but this one we spent a lot more time on."

What was it like filming your final scenes?
    "It was a bit like when I was at school and on the last day you were allowed to bring a board game. It was like I was waiting to play Kerplunk. It was sad, but it's the end of a chapter."

Is it quite a relief to have finished now?
    "It's a bit of a relief, but not in a bad way. I wasn't desperate to leave, but it's been five years. You get to the point, though, where you think that you've done all you can. It's like any job really."

What sparked your decision to leave?
    "It was a decision made between me and the producers actually. There are changes afoot, which I think everyone will see in the New Year and I just thought that Matthew King has done as much as he can really. I think the producers were wondering what more they could do with him. It was just one of those things that came down to stories."

Do you commend people who leave iconic shows such as Emmerdale?
    "For me, I never became an actor to stay in one job for so long. Some people do and that's great, though, if you have a wife and kids etc. But I'm a single bloke with no kids, so I can afford to take a chance really. That's what it's all about - it's a gamble really."

After nearly five years in the role, Emmerdale's Matt King is to leave the village in a dramatic fatal storyline - the ending of which has surprisingly been kept under wraps. The episodic pictures surrounding his departure have been cunningly cut before the 'event' happens, so it'll be interesting to see it all unfold on screen.

Here, I give to you some extra quotes from my recent interview with Matt about his exit from the Yorkshire soap. Matt talks about his standout scene, his funniest moment and life beyond Emmerdale.

Looking back, which of Matthew's relationships have you enjoyed the most?
    "Anna, hands down. Somehow, in such a short space of time, we've made people believe their relationship, that they genuinely love each other."

What's been the stand-out moment for you during your time at Emmerdale?
    "Being allowed to call Grayson Sinclair 'Larry'! You're not normally allowed to mess around with scripts too much, but I came up with Larry and there was a big discussion with the 'upstairs people' and in the end, they quite liked it. I got to say 'shut that door' at one point, too."

What's been the standout scene for you?
    "I think it was when we were messing about moving the postman Paul Marsden's body. I remember all that quite clearly, even though that was about four years ago. That was when Matthew came into his own, really, and when the audience first started to see him look after his brothers."

What's been the funniest moment?
    "Grayson and Matthew fighting over an open grave, when they were burying Rosemary [Sinclair]. During that fight sequence, we actually both fell into the grave backwards, which will probably appear on It'll Be Alright On The Night at some point!"

What will you miss the most?
    "The people. Cast, crew, everyone to do with it. That's what makes Emmerdale."

What do you have planned beyond Emmerdale?
    "I'm hopefully going to do nothing until January. Then if it's February and I'm still doing nothing, I'll start to worry! I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks off."

Emmerdale's Matt Healy has described his exit from the ITV soap as "the end of a chapter".

The 38-year-old, who has played businessman Matthew King for almost five years, bows out of the show next Tuesday when disaster strikes on what is meant to be the happiest day of his life.

As Matt and Anna de Souza (Emma Davies) are about to tie the knot, Matt's brother Carl (Tom Lister) disrupts the nuptials and reveals his sibling's presence at Anna's father Donald's (Michael Jayston) death.

As a vicious fight breaks out between the King brothers, there's a fatal outcome to the day when Matt meets his maker in a dramatic climax to the plot.

Speaking of his final day on set, he told DS: "It was a bit like when I was at school and on the last day you were allowed to bring a board game. It was like I was waiting to play Kerplunk. It was sad, but it's the end of a chapter.

"It was a decision made between me and the producers actually. There are changes afoot, which I think everyone will see in the New Year and I just thought that Matthew King has done as much as he can really."

He added: "I think the producers were wondering what more they could do with him. It was just one of those things that came down to stories."

So he will die I was hoping he would leave with Anna and come back some day

i cant believe he dies

Emmerdale's Matt Healy has described his exit from the ITV soap as "the end of a chapter".

The 38-year-old, who has played businessman Matthew King for almost five years, bows out of the show next Tuesday when disaster strikes on what is meant to be the happiest day of his life.

As Matt and Anna de Souza (Emma Davies) are about to tie the knot, Matt's brother Carl (Tom Lister) disrupts the nuptials and reveals his sibling's presence at Anna's father Donald's (Michael Jayston) death.

As a vicious fight breaks out between the King brothers, there's a fatal outcome to the day when Matt meets his maker in a dramatic climax to the plot.

Speaking of his final day on set, he told DS: "It was a bit like when I was at school and on the last day you were allowed to bring a board game. It was like I was waiting to play Kerplunk. It was sad, but it's the end of a chapter.

"It was a decision made between me and the producers actually. There are changes afoot, which I think everyone will see in the New Year and I just thought that Matthew King has done as much as he can really."

He added: "I think the producers were wondering what more they could do with him. It was just one of those things that came down to stories."

Thread Information