Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matthew King leaving emmerdale

EMMERDALE actress Emma Davies has revealed she is devastated at being axed from the soap after just six months.
    The 38-year-old who plays feisty Anna De Souza, will leave the village later this month along with on-screen lover Matthew King — actor Matt Healy.

She admitted: “I was sorry it went so fast. The last six months went in a blur.”

The Sun

They either have it got wrong or he does not die

I think he will die and then Anna will leave after finding out that he was with Donald when he died and of course Matthew being killed.
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

She finds out about Matthew being with her dad when he died on the wedding day, not sure whether it is before or after they get married. They are still talking about a dramatic twist to the story after Carl beats Matt up and usually we know how somebody is being killed from spoilers quite a while before the scenes are being shown.

Another thing has just occured to me - the current spoilers on DS go up to
    2nd January and I would have thought that a funeral for Matthew would have been mentioned by now but it has not. The Kings don't get mentioned at all apart from losing Home Farm. I am soooo hoping this means he is not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Another thing has just occured to me - the current spoilers on DS go up to
    2nd January and I would have thought that a funeral for Matthew would have been mentioned by now but it has not. The Kings don't get mentioned at all apart from losing Home Farm. I am soooo hoping this means he is not dead.
    I'm sure it was on here I read so of the later episodes and in 2 of them its mentioned.

One where lexi tells carl to stop the aruging with Jimmy for its time to get Matt buried.

Must have missed that one, thanks.

Found it
    Last edited by Perdita; 15-12-2008 at 06:34.

THIS is the moment Matthew King’s dramatic plan to kill his brother backfires – and HE is left dying.
    The ruthless Emmerdale businessman – played by Matt Healey – drives a van straight at brother Carl (Tom Lister) after he wrecks his wedding to Anna de Souza (Emma Davies). But Matthew suddenly realises he is about to hit Anna too.

So he swerves, smashes into a wall – and flies through the van’s windscreen.

Catch the action tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2041100.ece

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Chloe (16-12-2008), tammyy2j (16-12-2008)

Broadcasting regulator Ofcom has ruled that the climax to Matthew King's story in Emmerdale was unacceptably violent for a pre-watershed programme, therefore breaching the broadcasting code.

At the end of last year, the Yorkshire-based rural serial aired a one-hour wedding special, which featured the non-nuptials of Matthew King (Matt Healy) and Anna de Souza (Emma Davies). The episode - which originally aired between 7pm and 8pm on December 16 - also saw the exit of Healy's character from the show.

At the ceremony, Matthew's brother Carl (Tom Lister) announced to Anna that her husband-to-be had been responsible for her father Donald's (Michael Jayston) death. A two-minute physical fight between the siblings quickly broke out and featured kicks and blows to their bodies and heads, the use of a tall lampstand as a weapon, characters screaming, objects being smashed and blood pouring from wounds.

The episode reached its climax when a bloodied Matthew drove a van at speed towards Carl but, on seeing that his lover Anna would also be hurt, he swerved and smashed into a wall. The impact catapulted him through the windscreen and he ultimately died in Anna's arms.

Following the broadcast, Ofcom received 17 complaints from viewers who believed the fight to be "too graphic and violent for the time of transmission".

In response to the complaints, ITV maintained that the "degree of threat and of actual violence was appropriately limited" and Emmerdale, like other soaps, regularly contains "family conflicts" and that in this instance, viewers "would have expected a confrontation between [the brothers] to be explosive and potentially physical".

ITV acknowledged that it had "no intention to cause viewers concern or distress" and pointed out that it trailed the episode with a voiceover which described it as including a "violent encounter for the King brothers".

The show makers also claimed that the episode was edited in such a way as to "moderate the explicit violence of the confrontation to a level that it judged would be acceptable for the editorial context".

The commercial broadcaster went on to say that the scene consisted "primarily of pushing, shoving and raised voices interspersed by dialogue" and during filming, a conscious effort was made "to minimise detailed shots of violent blows seen by the viewer". Addressing the use of the lampstand as a weapon, ITV asserted that "while [it] was picked up and used in a threatening manner, care was taken to ensure that the subsequent blow from the lampstand was not explicitly shown."

However, Ofcom ruled that the episode "contained an unacceptable level of violence" for a prgramme that airs two hours before the watershed, duing which a "considerable number" of children are likely to be watching.

Why aren't programmes viewed an vetted by Ofcom before they are put on air. Instead of complaining about scenes months later.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Matt Healy may have stopped playing Matthew King in Emmerdale three years ago, but the villainous character is still a big presence in his life.

"Someone mentions Matthew at some point every day," the actor told Inside Soap. "I really don't mind, as it means I must have been doing something right if they still want to talk to me about him.

"Emmerdale fans are very loyal - they'll still come and see me in whatever I'm doing."

Matt must feel as if he's never left the soap sometimes, because in the years since, he's worked with Christopher Villiers, who played Grayson Sinclair, in the play Inside Job, and is currently starring alongside Roxanne Pallett (Jo Sugden) in another theatrical production, Satin 'n' Steel.

However, he has no regrets about Matthew being killed off.

"It was actually my idea," he claims. "I wanted to move on, and didn't want to have the constant thought in the back of my mind that I could return. Also, I really thought they'd done everything they could with him.

"Once the idea of the Kings going bankrupt was brought up, I knew that was it for Matthew. There is no way he could ever have coped with being poor!"

PA

Thread Information