Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Home And Away' transmission breaks

'Home And Away' transmission breaks

Just a heads up to all you Home And Away addicts out there - the show will be taking a three-week break from our screens at the beginning of August.

The production house over in Australia is taking a mid-year break, having a knock-on effect on the UK schedules.

Home And Away will be off air from Monday, August 4 until Monday, August 25 inclusive. The final pre-break episode is due to transmit on Friday, August 1, meaning the next episode will air on Tuesday, August 26 at 6pm on Five.

In addition, the Aussie serial will take its usual two-week break at Christmas, from Monday, December 22 until Friday, January 2, 2009. The first episode of the new year will transmit on Monday, January 5.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Abigail (17-07-2008)

That's good, they need to fall back a bit here, it's only 5 weeks behind now.

i think its good as we really are catching up. It will be nice to see it how it was intended. I am assuming the pre break episode will be a cliffhanger.

Oh well
    I'll be on hoilday so will have things to take it off my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Just a heads up to all you Home And Away addicts out there - the show will be taking a three-week break from our screens at the beginning of August.

The production house over in Australia is taking a mid-year break, having a knock-on effect on the UK schedules.

Home And Away will be off air from Monday, August 4 until Monday, August 25 inclusive. The final pre-break episode is due to transmit on Friday, August 1, meaning the next episode will air on Tuesday, August 26 at 6pm on Five.

In addition, the Aussie serial will take its usual two-week break at Christmas, from Monday, December 22 until Friday, January 2, 2009. The first episode of the new year will transmit on Monday, January 5.

Home and Away usually has a six week break at christmas over there so by the time it returns at the end of Jan we'll have caught up with them.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    i think its good as we really are catching up. It will be nice to see it how it was intended. I am assuming the pre break episode will be a cliffhanger.
    Maybe, although the real cliffhanger will be in the current Aus episode as the olympics start 8/8.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I know what you mean about watching the Uk episodes and its all like out of sync with time, espicially xmas and cliffhangers, thats why I watch at the Oz pace

I've just read on BTTB that the last episode before the olypmics will be a double episode on Thursday 7th August.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I've just read on BTTB that the last episode before the olypmics will be a double episode on Thursday 7th August.
    oooo they better make it good

After the Fiver episode tonight there was an announcement that the episodes that will be shown during the break are to be special events. Starting next week is all about Flynn and Sally, their marriage and his death. I'm going to have to buy some more tissues if I watch his last two episodes
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information