Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please

Help please

I have to make a statement on the legal and organisational requirements in relation to security and confidentiality. I have a great bit of a mental block and would be grateful if any of you could unblock my grey cells. Thank you.

i would help, but it sounds a bit complicated for me lol! i dont really understand what you mean?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    i would help, but it sounds a bit complicated for me lol! i dont really understand what you mean?
    That is my problem, I don't really know what I am supposed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    That is my problem, I don't really know what I am supposed to say.
    oh right lol! sorry i couldnt be of any help, i have no clue what it means!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I need to prepare this statement for an NVQ in Business Administration, if this helps anybody. Even some suggestions what might be required of me would be useful. I am such a dork these days.

Hiya, I dont understand the thing lol, as i dont know what it is, but i googled "legal and organisational requirements in relation to security and confidentiality" and someone had asked the same thing on another forum (first link on google) and this is the answer that someone put, but as i dont understand it i dont no if this is relevant lol

Definitions
    "Secrecy" is a state in which information is withheld, whether private or confidential.
    "Privacy" refers to the condition of limited access to a person and is a much broader concept than limited access to information about a person. Infringement of privacy occurs when unauthorised access is gained to an individual's privacy.
    "Confidentiality" is concerned with keeping secret information given to a person by another person. Infringement of confidentiality occurs when the receiver or holder of that information fails to protect or deliberately discloses that information to someone else without the giver's consent.
    "Security of information" is a broader concept than confidentiality, embracing the protection of privacy and confidentiality and also integrity and accuracy. In general it refers to the processes, both technical and organisational, necessary to protect information collection, storage and transmission.

Requirements in e-commerce:
    An important aspect of e-business is the area of e-commerce. One of the most severe restraining factors for the proliferation of e-commerce, is the lack of trust between customers and sellers, consumer privacy concerns and the lack of security measures required to assure both businesses and customers that their business relationship and transactions will be carried out in privacy, correctly, and timely. This paper considers trust privacy and security issues in e-commerce applications and discusses methods and technologies that can be used to fulfil the pertinent requirements.

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

7. The Following User Says Thank You to samantha nixon For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-07-2008)

Erm, at a guess after doing GCSE Business, I'd say it was something to do with the various acts or whatever that have been put into place to ensure confidentiality when dealing with clients and the acts to ensure that everything is kept secure within the firm and for the clients, such as privacy policies. I don't know what they are though as we only covered the Sale and Supply of goods Act and acts like that, which aren't relevant for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-07-2008)

Yeah I was thinking the same as Kim. Another act maybe the Data Protection Act which is to do with confidentiality in a way. For example, organisations have to state clearly how they protect clients information...

Are you doing this on a specific organisation? As my assignements like this are all to do with one specific organisation that we chose. Which makes it easier, as it's a very broad subject, and generalisations are easy to make. Or are generalisations what you are looking for?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyLea For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-07-2008)

DOnt mean to sound dumb, but since you are confused as am I, But why do you have to make a statement about it anyway? I mean what the reason behind you having to do this?

I have to show the Verifyer that I have knowledge on the imprtance of maintaining security and confidentiality (no problem for me, I work in HR and keeping data etc. secure and my mouth shut on what I hear and see is no bother), it is the next point, legand and organisational requirements etc. I don't quite understand myself. Thank you all for your ideas though, there are some of your points I shall incorporate in a statement and hope for the best. Luckily it is not something I should fail on, it is just a small part of loads of other things so I am not too worried but I want to provide the best statement I can, I am sure you understand what I mean.

Thread Information