Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Barlow

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    kill him off
    No don't kill him off. What would happen to little Simon. Get him back to the bookies away from the factory.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    kill him off
    No don't kill him off. What would happen to little Simon. Get him back to the bookies away from the factory.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I don't approve of his actions but then I also believe that in real life, he would not have gone near Tina after he married Carla, only the silly scriptwriters are making him into the adulterer ... I guess he will be involved in Tina's death storyline and therefore get his break for a while .. I hope he comes back, I would miss him

Peter Barlow's secret affair with Tina McIntyre is reignited on Coronation Street this fortnight after the barmaid abandons her plans to leave Weatherfield.

The pair continue to sneak around without Peter's wife Carla suspecting a thing, but with more close calls and near-misses on the way, are they playing a dangerous game?

Here, Chris Gascoyne - who plays Peter - reveals his take on the latest twists and turns in the storyline.

How would you say Peter felt when Tina went to London first time around?
    "Peter felt really guilty. He knew that Tina was uprooting her life because of him and he didn't feel good about it, but he also wasn't prepared to tell Carla about the affair. Apart from the guilt, he was also very nervous because Tina was really angry with him when he last saw her and then she was gone."

Was Peter pleased she went in the end because temptation was removed?
    "There was a mixture of emotions. Peter really likes Tina and he does have a weakness for her. Part of him wants her, but the other part loves Carla and he doesn't want to lose her."

Now that Tina is back, does Peter wish he could stay away from her?
    "I really think he does, but he's weak when it comes to Tina. He loves Carla, he doesn't want to hurt her and he definitely doesn't want to lose her - but he just doesn't seem to be able to give Tina up.

"Tina is planning to leave for good, so Peter is also guilty that she feels she has to move because of him and he doesn't want that. He wants her to stay - not because he wants to be with Tina but he does like having her as his mistress."

Peter asks Tina not to leave.
    © ITV

So when Peter begs Tina to stay, he doesn't want something more serious?
    "No, he doesn't want anything more serious. He loves Carla and he would never leave Carla for Tina. In the end, Tina does agree to stay and their affair certainly heats up at this point. Peter even hands Tina a set of keys to his flat and tells her they'll have plenty of time together with Carla being in Paris all week."

What happens on Valentine's night when Tina and Peter plan to meet?
    "Peter arranges to spend the night with Tina once Carla is on her way to Paris on business, but Carla has other plans and decides to fly him out to Paris as a surprise for Valentine's Day. Peter is stunned and gutted when she tells him, as he was really looking forward to having Tina to himself.

"As he packs for Paris, Tina arrives on the doorstep and tells him she wants him. They sleep together and then Peter sets off to Paris to spend the evening with his wife."

Does Peter feel guilty about having sex with Tina and then leaving for Paris to see his wife?
    "He feels like the cat that's got the cream. He has a beautiful wife and a beautiful mistress. He's on his way to Paris to spend the night with his wife and he's just slept with Tina. He must feel guilty but he also can't help himself."

When Peter returns the following week, he jumps straight into bed with Tina again…
    "Yes, his lust for Tina just takes over. He wants her - nothing else at that time crosses his mind. He arrives home and heads straight round to Tina's and arranges to meet up with her."

Tina and Peter are almost caught when Steve lets himself into the flat. Doesn't Peter realise that his affair is inevitably going to be revealed at some point?
    "Peter is caught up in the moment and he's not thinking about the effects it could have. He's very much in the here and now - future consequences aren't crossing his mind."

Steve and Lloyd catch Tina.
    © ITV
    Steve and Lloyd catch Tina

Why does Peter later offer to help Tina with her rent? Does he do it because he wants her to be beholden to him?
    "No I don't think he does, but he is worried when Tina tells him that it won't be so easy to meet up in future as she may be forced to get a lodger. He offers to help because he doesn't want it to be any harder for them to see each other, but Tina is not pleased and tells him that she's not a tart that can be bought."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (11-02-2014), tammyy2j (11-02-2014)

Does Steve catch them so?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Does Steve catch them so?
    Steve and Lloyd catch Tina half-dressed in the flat, but she bluffs and says she's just using the shower while Peter and Carla are meant to be away, as her shower isn't working

As Steve and Lloyd share a brain cell depending who is on the switchboard!!! She gets away with it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    Steve and Lloyd catch Tina half-dressed in the flat, but she bluffs and says she's just using the shower while Peter and Carla are meant to be away, as her shower isn't working

As Steve and Lloyd share a brain cell depending who is on the switchboard!!! She gets away with it
    Awww, if only for an innocent mind ....

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post

Awww, if only for an innocent mind ....

It's owens flat and if the showers not working he could of fixed it very quickly

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has discussed his decision to take time away from the soap, revealing that he wants some new experiences.

The actor will bow out from his role as Peter Barlow when his current contract expires in August.

Speaking to TV Times about his plans, Gascoyne explained: "I'd like to keep the character alive and have some experiences, because you need energy and a different mindset to get you through. When I came back in 2008, in my mind I'd only come back for a couple of years but I've done six - and it's a long old six years with not much of a break.

"I'd like to do a play because I've not done one for a long time and it's a different thing altogether - you can't stop and say, 'Can we do it again?'

"And I'd like to go to Plum Village, a Buddhist retreat in France. That's something I'll do for myself. A couple of weeks there would be nice."

Peter's current storyline sees him cheating on his wife Carla (Alison King) with Rovers barmaid Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan). However, Gascoyne said that the plot will reach a turning point when Carla confides in him about being pregnant.

He revealed: "It makes Peter realise how much he cares for her. He thinks he can just stop what's happened with Tina and carry on as normal - but life isn't that simple.

"It doesn't just end in tears - it's a lot worse than that. Tina is murdered and Peter is a suspect. It ends in the worst way you could imagine - for everyone concerned."

Gascoyne has played Peter on and off since 2000.

Thread Information