Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Barlow

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has spoken about Peter Barlow's upcoming business crisis, blaming his character's addictive personality for the dangerous game he plays at the betting shop.

As reported last week, Peter leaves his partner Carla Connor (Alison King) horrified when he starts offering the best odds in town at the bookies, needing a short-term fix to boost custom.

Gascoyne told itv.com: "Deep down Peter knows it's a dangerous move, but he wants to be back on top too quickly. He wants to run before he can walk.

"He's lost almost everything, so he panics and wants to get the business back to where it once was.

"Peter's feeling under a lot of strain at the minute. Carla's doing so well and he's doing very badly, and I think that's affecting their relationship."

By offering the competitive odds, Peter knows that he runs the risk of one lucky punter bankrupting him with an accumulator bet.

However, the uncertainty also gives Peter the thrill that he misses from his drinking days.

Gascoyne added: "Even when his business is on the line, it's actually quite exciting for him in a strange kind of way. Because he's given up the drink, he's always looking for that little bit of escapism."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has hinted that Peter Barlow and Carla Connor's relationship will come under strain in the build-up to their wedding.

The Weatherfield couple recently became engaged, but Peter can't help feeling dissatisfied with his life in upcoming episodes.

Gascoyne told TV Times of his character's troubles: "Peter is not very happy. He's just existing, but he doesn't tell Carla how he feels. He's lost the bookies and doesn't know what he's doing in the factory.

"Everyone is talking behind his back, he feels he's losing control of his life and Carla is in charge of the wedding - she's even paying for the ring!

"It's Peter doing the same old thing. Whenever things are going well, he presses the self-destruct button."

He added: "It is still a great relationship, but it will always be tempestuous. As for the wedding, if it happens, it can only be a disaster if it's got a Barlow in it!"

Peter's turmoil will also make an impact on Michelle Connor (Kym Lomas) as she quits the factory after falling out with him. She then returns to doing shifts as a barmaid at the Rovers Return.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-08-2013), lizann (06-08-2013), tammyy2j (07-08-2013)

I hope they don't marry

I think an affair for Peter and Eva would make more sense now she is working in the factory office than him and Tina even though I'd much prefer Peter back with Leanne

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has signed a new one-year contract with the soap, but show bosses are refusing to comment on claims that it could be his last.

The actor, who plays Peter Barlow, has extended his current deal to October 2014 and Corrie chiefs have big plans for his character over the next year.

Responding to rumours that Gascoyne wants to pursue other projects at the end of his new deal, a Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Chris has signed a new one-year contract which takes him to autumn 2014 and he is involved in some of the biggest storylines of the next 12 months. It is too early to comment beyond that."

Gascoyne has played the role of Peter on and off since 2000. His alter ego's complicated love life has provided some of the biggest storylines of recent years.

Viewers can expect even more drama to come in the next few months as Peter risks his future with partner Carla Connor by embarking on an affair with Rovers barmaid Tina McIntyre.

Gascoyne and co-star Alison King, who plays Carla, have also recently been spotted filming their characters' upcoming wedding scenes.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (24-10-2013), tammyy2j (24-10-2013)

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has spoken to Digital Spy about Peter Barlow and Tina McIntyre's shock affair, revealing that the pair's passion will spark a long-running storyline.

Fans already know that Peter will soon risk his future with fiancée Carla Connor when he starts to develop an attraction to Tina.

Our video sees Stuart confirm that Peter and Tina's fling will be much more than just a one-off betrayal, leading to "big trouble" on the cobbles.

He also discusses whether there is any hope left for Peter and Carla, who have a loyal following among Coronation Street fans.

Show chiefs have already mapped out the storyline and the repercussions of Peter's affair will play out until late summer next year and beyond.

Coronation Street continues tonight (November 11) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...g-trouble.html

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has addressed rumours that he could be leaving the show.

The actor, who plays Peter Barlow, has extended his current deal to later next year, with show bosses promising that there are big plans for his character until then.

However, Gascoyne has now claimed that he might take a break from the soap at the end of his contract.

"I've signed a new contract that takes me to August 2014 - and at this moment I don't know what will happen beyond then," the 45-year-old told Woman Magazine.

"Maybe I will take a break. The character loses something by being here all the time and being ordinary.

"I'd like to do other stuff. It's like anything - we can get stuck in one place, and that's not necessarily a bad place, but it's not always good for us, is it?"

Gascoyne also revealed that a Buddhist retreat he went on during a four-month sabbatical from the show helped him evaluate his long-term plans.

Carla and Peter prepare to take their vows.
    © ITV
    Carla and Peter prepare to take their vows.

"I took a four-month sabbatical from the show last summer and spent some time at a Buddhist retreat - and that was a big changing point in my life," he added.

"Peter can be a very negative character - and although the storylines were fantastic, I lost myself. Having that break made me realise I can do the same job and still be happy."

Viewers will see Peter prepare to marry Carla (Alison King) this week, despite his growing attraction to Tina McIntrye (Michelle Keegan).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (02-12-2013), tammyy2j (02-12-2013)

Last edited by Perdita; 02-12-2013 at 14:27.

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has discussed his character's conflicting feelings over whether to marry Carla Connor.

Fans will knows that the couple's wedding day arrives this week, but Peter is torn over his growing attraction to Tina McIntyre.

Speaking in an exclusive preview on Coronation Street's official website, Gascoyne said: "I think Peter is feeling very apprehensive in the run up to the wedding. He wants to go through with it, he loves Carla but there is something in the way and she is called Tina.

"There is a lot of tension between Peter and Carla at the moment and actually she has done nothing wrong," he added. "She has done everything and he has done absolutely nothing.

"The tension between Peter and Tina is starting to get very high now. She is offering something that Carla can't, or he thinks that she is. He's totally conflicted. He is a completely split man."

Gascoyne continued to say that Peter will know what he has to do just as the pair are about to exchange vows.

He said: "On the actual day he is very nervous and apprehensive. Tina tries to stop him before he goes through with the wedding. She says all the things that are in Peter's mind but he is not intelligent enough to think them for himself.

"Will Peter go through with the wedding? I think he loves Carla and I think he would like to but I think only at the moment of the vows, will he know in his heart whether he wants to do this or not. So we will have to wait and see!"

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm on ITV.
    Last edited by Perdita; 02-12-2013 at 14:27.

I hope Chris Gascoyne don't leave he is a great actor and Peter a great character but putting him with Tina for an affair is a bad move imo

Thread Information