Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Barlow

leanne should tell him about simon if he cares

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-09-2015)

kate oates wants him back and looks to be happening

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-07-2016), Perdita (22-07-2016), tammyy2j (24-07-2016)

Coronation Street has confirmed that Peter Barlow is coming back to the cobbles.

Expect Peter to return to Weatherfield on a permanent basis – along with two other members of his family, Adam Barlow and Ken's son Daniel Osbourne.

Chris Gascoyne will be reprising his role as Peter, while talks are still underway regarding casting for the other two.

Producer Kate Oates confirmed the exciting news at a Coronation Street press event today, as she set out her plans to bring the Barlow family back to the forefront of the show.

Tracy arrives home from hospital to find Ken and Amy having lunch
    © ITV
    "One of the things I am most excited about and something I consider a real privilege is that I am lucky enough to work on the longest-running soap," she said.

"One of the longest-running families on that soap is the Barlows, and why would you not want to strengthen that family?

"I love the idea of Ken as the head of the family which has Tracy, Simon and Amy here currently. I am excited to bring Peter back to the show.

"I am delighted to meet Daniel Osbourne, who is Ken's child with Denise, and I am excited to bring back Adam, who is Mike Baldwin's son and Ken's grandson.

"I think that strong family dynasty – the first family on the soap, as it were – here, big, strong and sending ripples through the Street, is really exciting, and I am really looking forward to seeing that."

Ken is relieved when Peter and Carla nearly walk in and catch Leanne with Simon but don't see Leanne
    © ITV

Peter bowed out of Weatherfield in 2014, but returned briefly for Deirdre's funeral last year. And Oates said it felt natural to bring him back.

"We've always been in touch, he has always kept strong links with us and so it felt like an organic thing," she said. "Knowing as I did that I was coming here, there were a few things I wanted to do and obviously it was a shame that both Ali King (Carla) and Paula Lane (Kylie) had made the decision to go.

"You do think, 'I would like to work with that character and that character', and Peter is always one you want to work with. He has got such an amazing presence and such a great energy on screen. Everybody here loves him too."

Digital Spy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-07-2016), swmc66 (22-07-2016), tammyy2j (24-07-2016)

I would love to see a fully sober Peter back with Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I would love to see a fully sober Peter back with Leanne
    Can´t see that happening although I would like that too ...

Coronation Street's producer Kate Oates has revealed that Peter Barlow will have another romantic storyline when he returns to the cobbles.

Fans are rejoicing over the news that Chris Gascoyne has agreed to reprise his role as Peter on a permanent basis, which is sure to bring a whole heap of drama to the Barlows' doorstep.

Offering some teasers on what to expect, Oates explained: "Peter is rarely single and he may have someone in his sights. When he returns, he also may not be completely honest.

"But something will happen when he arrives which is unexpected and means he has to stay - or wants to stay. Peter doesn't really feel complete unless he's messing up somebody's life romantically, so watch this space!"

Oates described Gascoyne's return as "a bit of a mutual" decision following his recent work in the theatre.

"Chris has got such a love for the show that he's always in touch," she continued. "He'd just done a fantastic play with David Neilson, so he's always kept his links with us really strongly.

"It felt like a really organic thing. As I was coming in [as producer], it was such a shame that Ali King had made that decision to go and obviously Paula Lane had decided to go too.

"You always think: 'I'd love to work with this character or that character' and Peter's always a character that you'd want to work with. He's always got such an amazing presence and energy on screen and everybody here loves him as well."

Digital Spy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-07-2016), parkerman (24-07-2016)

I reckon it could be an entirely new and original story plot, where Peter Barlow has a one night stand with a woman already in a long term relationship and the woman gets pregnant.

I don't think that's ever been done before.......

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-07-2016), lizann (24-07-2016), Perdita (24-07-2016), Ruffed_lemur (24-07-2016), swmc66 (25-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I reckon it could be an entirely new and original story plot, where Peter Barlow has a one night stand with a woman already in a long term relationship and the woman gets pregnant.

I think you are right, don´t think I have seen it ever done before

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-07-2016), parkerman (24-07-2016), swmc66 (25-07-2016)

Already dreading the love triangle that will no doubt happen between Nick/Leanne/Peter. We don't need to go back there, that ship sailed long ago

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dalesfan For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-07-2016), parkerman (24-07-2016), Perdita (24-07-2016), Ruffed_lemur (24-07-2016), swmc66 (25-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post

eva?

Thread Information