Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Pregnant Man' Gives Birth In US

'Pregnant Man' Gives Birth In US

Thomas Beatie, who lives as a male after undergoing surgery and hormone treatment, gave birth at a hospital in Oregon on June 29, according to People magazine.

Both he and the baby are said to be "healthy and doing well".

Beatie, 34, kept female reproductive organs when he legally became a man 10years ago.

The baby was conceived through artificial insemination using donor sperm and Beatie's own eggs.

"The only thing different about me is that I can't breast-feed my baby. But a lot of mothers don't," People quoted Beatie as saying.

He has had his breasts surgically removed.

He said that the baby was not delivered by Caesarean section, but no other details about the birth have been confirmed.

Earlier this year, Beatie caused controversy when his pregnancy was revealed and he appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

His wife Nancy, 46, whom he married five years ago, was unable to conceive because she had already had a hysterectomy.

The couple, who operate a T-shirt printing business in Bend, Oregon, are legally married and he is recognised under state law as a man.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Wasn't born by C Section - then how?!?!?!

I was wondering that myself. Unless he is still female down below and get this sorted now he has had the baby?

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Hmm seems very strange doesn't it. You sort of think, if he is legally recognised as a man, does that mean that he has had a full sex change, bar the internal reproductive organs, or hasn't had them touched at all.

Very confusing like you say

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips

I've just read in the paper that she was delivered by c section?!
    Ahh well.
    Congrats to them but tbh, I feel for the poor child. That's gonna be a hard one to explain when she's older...
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

i read that baby was a c section too :S

how on earth did it come out?????????????

That sounds very strange about the whole C-section thing, I think its really nice thugh that he has had the baby since his wife couldnt

Well he did still have womens parts down below just not up the top So if all was well I wouldn't see why he couldn't have a baby naturally. Since everything is still wired up correctly...he just looks like a man.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

That is just so wrong, there poor child is not going to be able to have a normal life. What confuses me was he born with both male and female gender parts as they have been classed as a legal married couple or has he only had half a sex change operation.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information