Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Roxy Mitchell Slater - Rita Simons

One of the newest soap mags suggests an affair in 2012 for Roxy and pictured are Alfie and Max

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-12-2011)

EastEnders star Rita Simons has revealed she could not let her character Roxy Mitchell betray her sister Ronnie by stealing her man.
    Roxy is set to reignite her passion with sister Ronnie's husband Jack Branning, but Rita told Inside Soap magazine she has to believe Ronnie has moved on, or she would hate herself.
    Rita said: "Ronnie has filed for divorce from Jack, so I have to believe that she doesn't love him any more.
    "If I didn't think that, I wouldn't be able to play out the storyline.
    "It's Jack who persuades Roxy to stay and I'm sure that she has a few feelings of guilt. But if I didn't absolutely believe Ronnie was over Jack, I'd hate my own character."
    Roxy and Jack are set to become embroiled in a bitter custody battle over daughter Amy. But Rita thinks they could make a go of it as a family, if they were allowed to.
    She said: "I think Jack and Roxy would secretly both like to have a nice little nuclear family.
    "I know it sounds weird but Roxy is actually quite fond of Jack.
    "They have a lot of history together, and she doesn't hate him - I think she pities him more than anything.
    "Maybe if their feuding families could stay out of their lives, they might stand a good chance!"

PA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

megan999 (04-02-2012)

Roxy slept with Jack before and didnt care about Ronnie why should she start caring now

ROXY Mitchell was the envy of women across Britain when she locked lips with EastEnders heartthrob Jack Branning.

But actress Rita Simons, who plays Roxy, has revealed that she hates *kissing her hunky co-star Scott Maslen, 40.

“Scott’s like my big brother and I absolutely freak out every time I have to kiss him,” says Rita, 34.

“The director says ‘action!’ and we kiss and then when he says ‘cut!’ we both hit and punch each other and he pushes me off him and I push him off me. We’re like a pair of three-year-olds.”

Roxy and Jack had a steamy one-night stand two-and-a-half years ago behind the back of Jack’s true love, Roxy’s sister Ronnie, played by Sam *Womack.

Although that encounter resulted in the birth of daughter Amy, the pair didn’t have any more romantic scenes together until a few weeks ago, when they enjoyed another night of passion.

Rita says: “The first time we got *together was when we conceived Amy and back then I didn’t know Scott very well, so it wasn’t so strange.

WEIRD

“But now he really is like my big brother so it’s much weirder. When I read the script and realised we had to kiss I said, ‘Oh my God – I can’t believe we’ve got to kiss!’ Then Scott ran down from his dressing room and said *exactly the same thing. We both hate it.”

Mild child: Rita's put her partying days behind her
    Despite their fling, Jack and Roxy’s relationship fizzled out almost *immediately and last week viewers saw the maneater set her sights on Jack’s brother Max. But after some serious flirting, she moves on to new target Alfie Moon in a storyline that will rock *Albert Square.

With Kat out of the picture, Roxie falls for Alfie. Rita says: “Sometimes it feels as though Roxy will go for anyone with a pulse. She’s got very low self-esteem and likes anyone who pays her *attention.”

During her five years on the BBC soap Roxy has worked her way through most of the men in Walford and built up a reputation as a hard-drinking party animal.

But that image couldn’t be further away from Rita’s real life. She has been with husband Theo Silverston, a hairdresser, since she was 19 and has six-year-old twin daughters, Jaimee and *Maiya, who was born with impaired hearing.

Although Rita admits it was *extremely tough accepting Maiya’s condition, she was determined her daughter would lead a normal life.

“Maiya and Jaimee go to a mainstream school and they absolutely love it,” says Rita, who lives in Hertfordshire. “Maiya sits at the front so she can lip-read but otherwise she’s just *another kid in the class.

“The two of them are obviously very close. Because of Maiya’s condition Jaimee looks out for her and acts like her protector. They even have a funny private sign *language that they use.”

And Rita finds it easier to balance her work and home life now that the girls are a bit older.

She says: “It’s still really hard, but dealing with school runs and little *arguments is a lot less draining than teething and burping and all that baby stuff, in my opinion.”

Real life: with husband Theo and their girls
    Caring for the children and working long hours means she doesn’t often get the chance to go out and let her hair down like her character Roxy. That’s not to say Rita didn’t have her fair share of wild nights out in her younger days, especially during the 10 years when she toured in bands Girls At Play and Tantrum.

She says: “Roxy is a real party girl and I could definitely draw on my *experiences to help me in the role.

“I was pretty wild... that is well documented. When I was younger I could go out clubbing and then be on stage at *Wembley Arena the next night, *absolutely no problem.

“But that’s all changed, I’m really, really boring now. I would much rather lie in bed with Theo, reading my Kindle. A hangover with twins is like the worst punishment in the world.” Rita had minor roles in Mile High, Dream Team and London’s Burning before joining EastEnders... a show she actually used to dream about being in when she was a child.

And she says she always knew one day she would be part of the *Mitchell *family. “My life has panned out *exactly as I have imagined and I genuinely *believe if you *really want something to *happen then it will,” she says.

“A little part of me would still love to be a pop star and I’d like to do musicals one day as it would give me a chance to sing again... but as it stands I couldn’t be more happy *being on EastEnders.”
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (04-03-2012), megan999 (04-03-2012)

I thought I caught a glimpse of her being on a show about children with special needs. I was wondering if I saw it right. Thanks Alan!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchgirl For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-03-2012)

EastEnders star Rita Simons has opened up about her daughter's deafness.

The actress, who plays Roxy Mitchell in the soap, said that 5-year-old Maiya will eventually lose her hearing entirely after being diagnosed as deaf at six months. Her twin sister Jaimee has perfect hearing.

Simons told The Sun: "Because there's a chance of her losing her hearing tomorrow, we do feel like we're walking a tightrope which we could fall off at any given moment.

"I haven't at any point said to her, 'It's very likely you're going to lose all your hearing'. It's my job to manage it and work out how we're going to cope and when the time is right, then I would tell her.

"I want to look at all the options out there. Each route is so different from the other. Exploring all of them, and having an understanding of each option, is imperative for deciding how to move forward."

Simons recently filmed a documentary with the BBC to explore all the medical options open to Maiya. In the footage, the star and her husband Theo Silverston can be seen discovering that Maiya's condition will only deteriorate.

He said: "It was a bit of a shock. You just don't want to hear it. You want them to say, 'Actually, she's doing really well'."

Rita Simons: My Daughter, Deafness and Me, is scheduled to be aired on March 20 at 10.35pm on BBC One.

Simons first revealed Maiya's deafness in 2010. Last year, she admitted that she has suffered from panic attacks since giving birth to the twins.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (13-03-2012)

Oh nooooo
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-08-2015 at 17:33.

I thought it was confirmed that Roxy changes her mind and she and Ronnie end up chasing after Charlie, who has taken Matthew. These mags do like to twist things for the headline.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-08-2015), maidmarian (05-08-2015), Perdita (05-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I thought it was confirmed that Roxy changes her mind and she and Ronnie end up chasing after Charlie, who has taken Matthew. These mags do like to twist things for the headline.
    I hope you are correct Kim that Roxy changes her
    mind. I agree mags do twist things.

One small.point -Ive noticed if a headline
    has ! ( exclamation mark) after it - its quite
    likely to have some truth.
    If headline has ? -not very likely to happen.
    Not very scentific and not always correct-
    but this headline has!

Feel.free to.laugh at my daft idea.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-08-2015)

Dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 05-08-2015 at 18:27.

Thread Information