Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Friends' movie within next 18 months?

Nothing like a bit of Will They - Won't They to get the interest going. I can see them make a film.

I hope so

if this coems about pass me a shotgun now! the amount of airtime they gave to promoting Sex and The City on tv, radio etc, for Friends it would be too much to bare!

I think I'm one of few people on this planet to totally and utterly dispise the show!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*LouiseTwoPintsScreech*

•♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

Lisa Kudrow has said that adapting Friends into a movie would be "tricky".

The actress, who starred as Phoebe Buffay in the sitcom from 1994 until 200 told the Daily Mail that a big screen version might not be successful.

"I think [the cast] are all of the opinion that it would depend on the script, but I've always felt that if everyone else was going to do a movie, then I wouldn't want to be the person who refused and then had to be replaced - that wouldn't be fair," she said.

"So I would do it, but I've no idea how the show would translate to a movie...It's not like Sex And The City. Friends was a multi-camera show filmed in front of an audience, so it has a very different feel.

"It would be tricky to pull off, sure, but if it could be done, that would be great."

Earlier this week, former co-star Jennifer Aniston said that she would be interested in doing a "one-off" episode of the show.

Kudrow's latest movie, Hotel For Dogs, is released in the UK on February 13.

IT'S The One Where Joey, Chandler, Monica, Phoebe, Ross And Rachel Get Back Together Again And Make A Mega-Bucks Comeback Movie Just Like The Girls From Sex And The City Did.

Hugs all round - because we can reveal that Friends is back for a big-screen version of the hit sitcom.

Studio bosses have got together for an oversized mug of coffee to prepare a script for a film version of the series.

And they are ready to break the bank with a multi-million package to get the main cast on board.

In an exclusive interview with the News of the World, James Michael Tyler - who played Central Perk oddball Gunther - confirmed: "Friends: The Movie is definitely on. I still keep in touch with a lot of the cast and they say that they are really keen."

The film comes in the wake of the big screen version of Sex And The City which took an astonishing $408,921,925 at the box office.

It will see Jennifer Aniston, 40, Courteney Cox, 45, Lisa Kudrow, 46, Matt LeBlanc, 42, Matthew Perry, 40, and David Schwimmer, 42, back on the same set for the first time since the show ended in 2004.

During Friends' tenth and final series, the six stars were each earning six figures an episode. At its peak, it had 10MILLION viewers in the UK.

Since then, the stars have enjoyed mixed career fortunes.

DAVID SCHWIMMER (Ross) has had the biggest critical success with a range of theatrical roles including the play Some Girl(s) in London alongside Catherine Tate.

JENNIFER ANISTON (Rachel) has had lead role in commercially successful films such as Bruce Almighty, and the romantic comedies Along Came Polly and Marley and Me.

COURTENEY COX (Monica) missed out on Teri Hatcher's part in the massively successful TV series Desperate Housewives and is now set to film horror flick Scream 4.

LISA KUDROW (Phoebe) had a hit after the show finished with HBO sitcom The Comeback and is now an executive producer on the US version of Who Do You Think You Are?

But MATT LEBLANC'S spinoff comedy Joey, where he reprised the character he played on Friends, was cancelled after just two seasons.

MATTHEW PERRY'S (Chanddler) recent TV show Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, written by the West Wing's Aaron Sorkin, was also cancelled after just a single season. But he recently bounced back this year in the film 17 Again, where he played the older Zac Efron.

But now Warner Brothers have drafted in Friends creators David Crane and Marta Kauffman to write and produce the film, due in cinemas in the summer of 2011.

A movie source said: "The cast haven't set the world alight since the show finished.

"But this film could relight some of their flagging careers in a big way."

"But everyone knew the story had to be right and well written. Getting the creators on board was a massive step forward for the project.

"The show did lose a lot of its shine in the last few seasons, but with the actors all in the forties it would be a real interest to see how their characters have developed."

The cast have always made no secret about a desire to do a film and Lisa Kudrow said: "It would be so fun to be with all those people again.

"But our show was not like Sex and the City - ours was multi-camera, in front of a live audience.

"It's a completely different feel. You'd have to bring the tone down, and I don't know how it would be. I'll just stay open."

Meanwhile actor James, 47, who is in London for the launch of a Central Perk themed coffee shop in Soho, is keen to reprise his role as Gunther on the big screen.

He said: "The one thing I can tell you is that I am definitely on board to do the film.

"I really loved my time on the show and I am looking forward to meeting up with the old gang again.

"I just hope we can do justice to the show in a film."

well thats one movie ill def be going to c, even if it isnt for another 2 yrs (i love friends)
    Maisie Mouse

A Friends star has claimed that a movie version of the hit sitcom is in the works.

James Michael Tyler, who played Gunther in the series, told the News of the World that Friends: The Movie is "definitely on".

"I still keep in touch with a lot of the cast and they say that they are really keen," he added.

The programme's creators David Crane and Marta Kauffmann have reportedly agreed to write and produce the film, which will be shown in cinemas in 2011.

"The cast haven't set the world alight since the show finished," a source said. "But this film could relight some of their careers in a big way.

"Everyone knew the story had to be right and well-written. Getting the creators on board was a massive step forward for the production.

"The show did lose its shine in the last few seasons, but with the actors all in their forties it would be a real interest to see how their characters have developed."

Tyler added: "The one thing I can tell you is I am definitely on board to do the film. I really loved my time on the show and I am looking forward to meeting up with the old gang again.

"I just hope we can do justice to the show in a film."

Members of the cast have previously denied rumours of a Friends film.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...nitely-on.html

Reports that a movie version of Friends is being developed have been refuted by three of the show's ex-stars.

James Michael Tyler, who played Gunther in the series, recently claimed that the programme is to be made into a feature film.

However, representatives for former castmembers Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow have moved to dismiss the speculation, says Gossip Cop.

Each issued statements saying: "We are not aware of any plans for a Friends movie."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...e-rumours.html

I liked the show but I couldn't take a 2 hour movie of this what more of the characters is there to see?

Thread Information