Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Friends' movie within next 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    Oh.Em.Gee.

Yayyyy!!

^^As you can see - slightly excited...

I soooo hope this is true!!
    I take it you would be pleased if there was a film?
    Hell yeah! I'm ever so slightly obsessed! hehe
    I'd go see it lotsh!
    And buy the DVD!!
    Hey mayyybe Coco could play one of the twins!
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

I'd love to see this I think it would even be more popular than the sex and the city movie

I've never watched Sex and the City but on the other hand I do like Friends and was sad when it ended! I'd definitely go see a movie!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I think with success of Sex and the City movie this could also be successful if he had all the writers from the tv series on board.

None of the six cast members have had great careers. Jennifer Aniston gets most headlines for her love life.

I'd love to see a Friends movie.

I was reading about them not all having great careers since they left a bit ago when I read the Court's tv show Dirrt has been cancelled. It's true - Matthew Perry's Studio 60 on the sunset strip hasn't made a comeback, Joey was dropped after two seasons, Lisa Kudrow's apparently had some tv show (and she was in PS I love You), David Schimmer is currently doing directing but tbh Jen's had quite a good career. She's got quite a few movies under her belt and is currently filming Marley & Me (which by the way, if you can get a copy of it, is a must read! It's fantastic!)
    Last edited by Hollie-x; 03-07-2008 at 18:47.

'No truth' in Friends film rumour

There are no plans for a rumoured big screen version of Friends, film studio Warner Bros has told the BBC.

Since the success of the Sex and the City movie, there has been constant speculation that the US sitcom's six stars had agreed to their own film.

One UK press report even suggested that the first scenes would be shot within the next 18 months.

However, Warner Bros' director of publicity in the UK, Jayne Trotman, said there was "no truth in the story".

Ever since the quipping sextet - Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox Arquette, Lisa Kudrow, David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc - parted ways four years ago there have been rumours of a reunion.

'Right circumstances'

Earlier this week, an unnamed source was quoted as saying: "Jennifer, Courtney and the rest of cast are keen to reprise their roles, under the right circumstances.

"The success of Sex And The City has really got their wheels spinning about how a Friends film could be just as big, if done right."

But Cox Arquette's publicist, John Fogelman, told the BBC he did not know of any plans for a film.

Matthew Perry's spokesperson, Lisa Kasteler, added: "Nothing is happening in this regard, so the rumour is false."

The final episode of Friends drew a US audience of 52.5m, while 8.6m viewers watched it in the UK.

The movie version of Sex and the City took $55.7m (£28.3m) in its opening weekend at the US box office - a record for an R-rated comedy.

Need I say more?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This would be amazing
    Edit: Awwwwwwwwww Just read they are not doing it
    Last edited by Abbie; 05-07-2008 at 00:25.

i cant believe theyre not making one! you got my hopes up! oh well, hopefully theyll make one one day
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

They have to!
    Myabe they dont want to do it now being so soon after Sex and the City

Thread Information