Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Leaving Hollyoaks!!!

Another Leaving Hollyoaks!!!

Hollyoaks favourite James Sutton has quit the Channel 4 soap, Digital Spy can exclusively confirm.

The 25-year-old, who has captured the hearts of millions since 2006 playing the role of gay student John Paul McQueen, will bow out of the soap in September for pastures new.

His exit will naturally coincide with the brief return of Guy Burnet as John Paul's old flame Craig Dean, who makes a comeback in a bid to rekindle their romance.

When John Paul sees Craig again for the first time since Craig left for Trinity College, Dublin, his life is thrown into complete disarray. His feelings for Craig begin to resurface and he's forced to make the biggest decision of his life - stay with his fiancé, Father Kieron Hobbs (Jake Hendriks), or reunite with his former love.

The situation soon takes a sinister and fatal twist, however, resulting in Craig moving one step closer to the sunset ending he returned for.

Speaking of his decision to quit, Sutton said: "I’ve had a really great time working on Hollyoaks but after much thought I’ve decided that it’s time to bring it to an end."

He continued: "I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Bryan Kirkwood and everyone at Hollyoaks for making my time here so memorable. I’m also really grateful to the viewers for their continued support and commitment to the character and the storyline."

Producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "In two short years, James Sutton has achieved amazing success in his role as John Paul McQueen.

"His sensitive and honest portrayal of a young man coming to terms with his sexuality and dealing with the aftermath has captivated viewers and critics, won many awards and has been at the heart of Hollyoaks' recent success. James will, I’m sure, go on to great things."

Sutton films his final scenes in July and will depart on screen in September.

Earlier this year, John Paul and Craig's affair storyline was honoured at the Stonewall awards.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-07-2008), moonstorm (30-06-2008), Pinkbanana (30-06-2008), tammyy2j (30-06-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k7 View Post
    The 25-year-old, who has captured the hearts of millions
    a bit of an overstatement don't you think!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I really hope he doesnt leave with Craig

Craig treated him like crap i hope he leaves with Kieron and takes annoying Mercedes and Tina with him

Maybe Niall kills him??????

Awww..... I like JP
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

It's a shame he's leaving as I like the character. Why are all the half decent actors leaving and being replaced by the pathetic annoying characters i.e Cindy, who I was glad to se the back of years ago!Hollyoaks should stop bringing back crap annoying characters and bring in some new ones instead, however saying that............
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

he's 25! bit sad hes going there are much worse characters. I hope he does well and gets another part i think hes a good actor. I liked him in dream team 80s as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I really hope he doesnt leave with Craig

Craig treated him like crap i hope he leaves with Kieron
    indeed, i so agree! although i have no idea how the whole father kieron thing is going to pan out in the end...

keiron was supposed to be killed by niall, and set up as suicie because of JP, but because loads of people emailed the oaks to save keiron it looks like he is not going to die

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    keiron was supposed to be killed by niall, and set up as suicie because of JP, but because loads of people emailed the oaks to save keiron it looks like he is not going to die
    yeah, i know, but this makes me think the character might be at a bit of a loose end and the writers might not know what to do with him. i'm worried they'll pack him off to become a monk or something!

After what he has done with JP I very much doubt he can become a monk lol. Maybe once JP leaves they will find another love interest for Keiron, although a tad predictable I suppose?
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Thread Information