Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yolande

i read in all about soap that Stacey sees patrick buying sexy lingrie then later sees Pat and patrick kissing in the Car lot cabin.
    Then she goes in the Queen Victoria pub and tells Yolande but she doesn't believe her.
    Then after Pat is in the Queen Vic and Yolande comes in and slaps pat.

heres a brand new spoiler

"next time pat and patrick have another scene involving sex im gonna be sick

sources say the digestive system can take only so much and millions of people have only just got over frank and his spinning bow tie and this takes the biscuit -literally

so be warned bowel changing scenes only on bbc1 this febuary"

sorry if this has already been posted
    Last edited by diamond1; 08-02-2006 at 16:10.

don't blame Yorlande for slapping Pat

i saw a clip on this morning today and patrick was buying this rather large sexy black number with 'sex kitten' on the front and the lads are taking thi mick

sharon marshell said today that stacey tells yolande about the affair!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl
    yeh she does that on friday i think, i read it in one of the tv mags
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl
    Well we can expect a wedding and fireworks the same nite, cool !! on another note Stacey is a "blabber mouth", not sure what she expects to gain by telling

oh cool friday is going to be a good episode then!

I think this can be closed. Pat has slapped yolande twice and the last slap from yolande is tonight.
    Super Mod

Yolande Spolier

Source: The Voice

POPULAR EastEnders character Yolande Trueman is to be axed from the series The Voice can exclusively reveal.

Actress Angela Wynter wig days are numbered as producers have decided to terminate the Rastafarian actress’ contract, claiming they have run out of storyline ideas for her Albert Square character, Yolande.

In an exclusive interview with The Voice, Wynter, who has been in the popular BBC soap drama for five years, revealed that she is not sad to leave. She is, however, disappointed with the producer’s excuse for why her character has to be axed.

“I’m not unhappy to leave EastEnders because life is about changes and new beginnings, but I am unhappy about the producers reasoning in how they came to their decision because you can always write stories for people to act,” said Wynter.

“As I told my boss, I am pleased with the work I did in playing Yolande because I made her as believable as possible. As the years progressed Yolande has become a part of the fabric of EastEnders and the wider community who people recognised to be an ultra, super representative of themselves – aunts, sisters and mothers.

“My eyes almost fill every time people tell me how much they love Yolande, because it really makes me appreciate the responsibility that I have been carrying in getting her role right,” Wynter said.

“If it has to end, let it finish on a good note rather then her character becoming weak due to the producers.”

Yolande, the character Wynter based on her sister Merlene who passed away six years ago, arrived on the Square on September 16, 2003, as Patrick Trueman’s love interest after a holiday in Trinidad.

Yolande’s authentic Jamaican accent and assertive, sassy attitude was an instant hit with viewers, especially within the African-Caribbean community.

The holiday romance between Yolande and Patrick, played by Rudolph Walker, developed and they soon became Britain’s most loved black TV couple.

Wynter said she is unable to spill the beans about how Yolande will exit the soap, or what will happen to her beloved husband.

“I can’t tell you anything about how I will be leaving, except for the fact that if I do return I won’t be coming back as a ghost.”

Asked whether or not Patrick will rekindle his relationship with Pat Butcher, Wynter vigorously shook her head, which she perfectly wraps when not playing Yolande.

“Lord God, please, no,” exclaimed the mother of two. “That would be such a disappointment, because it’s imperative to see healthy black couples on screen.

“Patrick and Yolande’s marriage is the only representation of a black union on British TV, which I am very proud to have played.”

Some might wonder whether Wynter is being axed because, following the arrival of Don Gilet, who plays the character Chelsea’s long lost father, Lucas Johnson, EastEnders have exceeded its black quota.

“At the end of the day, everything runs on a quota system,” said the 50-year-old actress. “Presently there are a few black and Asian actors and although it has not been said there could be some truth within that statement.

“If this is true, I am not hurt because I accept that fact that I live in England and it is not ‘our’ TV station where we can be over-weighted with black or Asian actors and have guest appearances from Caucasian actors – because ‘we’ are the guest.”

Thread Information