Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex Eastender's Brother stabbed to death

Ex Eastender's Brother stabbed to death

Student killed in street stabbing

A school student has become the 17th teenager to be killed in London this year after being fatally stabbed.
    Ben Kinsella, believed to be 16, was attacked during a row with a group of youths in York Way, in Holloway.
    He was taken to hospital for treatment following the attack at about 0200 BST, but died several hours later. Two youths have been arrested.
    Ben's sister, Brooke Kinsella - who played Kelly Taylor in the BBC soap EastEnders - said she was "devastated".
    Police have urged any witnesses are to come forward.

'Pool of blood'
    It is thought that Ben was at a party in a local pub when the row broke out with several youths.
    A witness who saw him after the attack said: "His shirt had been pulled up and I could see red marks all over his stomach and then what looked like a wound and there was a pool of blood next to him.
    He was a bright kid, very high achieving academically and would have had some very good results to look forward to this summer

Bob Hamlyn, head teacher, Holloway School
    "There were ambulance men putting an oxygen mask on him and trying to help him."
    One of the victim's friends said he made a desperate phone call minutes before he died.
    The teenager, who did not want to be named, said: "He called me on the phone and just said 'Help'.
    "He sounded really scared and then it just clicked off."
    Brooke Kinsella played Kelly Taylor in the BBC soap

Brooke Kinsella, 24, her parents Debbie and George and her boyfriend, former EastEnders actor Ray Panthaki, were among those who paid their respects at the murder scene.
    The actress Linda Robson also laid flowers at the scene.
    Bob Hamlyn, Ben's headteacher at Holloway School, paid tribute to the popular student who came from "a lovely family".
    "They are a lovely family and they are very supportive at school," he said.
    "He was a bright kid, very high achieving academically, and would have had some very good results to look forward to this summer.
    "He was also very sporty and had everything to live for, but that has been taken away from him now." In 2007, 27 teenagers were killed in the city - the worst year on record for teenage deaths.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

The amount of teenagers being killed in London is just scary...I can't understand why teens carry knives around. Even if it's for protection, just don't do it!

Timeline of teens killed :
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7395875.stm
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 30-06-2008 at 00:49.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Another senseless killing of a youth by other youths, this is so frightening but I have no idea what anyone can do about this knife culture; seems the gangs are not caring about the devastation and heartache they are causing.

Rest In Pace Ben

Back many years ago when I was young, I remember the local police walking the streets, this was in London and the thought of youths carrying knives was almost unheard of compared to today. I think that they should bring back more policing on the streets, especially in crime hotspots. What sickens me the most is that those who carry out these crimes tend to get minimum sentences and are out on bail before you know it, while those families who have lost their love ones will never see them again. Something needs to be done and soon.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

I agree with that statement, something needs to be done urgently.

its such a waste of life and if thats 17 in London already this year there has been at least 5 in Manchester maybe even more, theres got to be a way to stop this.

Ex-Walford star calls for end to violence

Former EastEnders star Brooke Kinsella has appealed for youngsters to stop carrying weapons following the fatal stabbing of her younger brother.

Ben Kinsella, 16, died following an altercation which took place in Islington, north London, in the early hours of Sunday morning. Mr Kinsella is the 17th teenager to die as a result of violence in the capital this year.

Speaking at a press conference yesterday, Brooke, who played Kelly Taylor in the BBC One soap, called for an end to knife crime.

"Ben really was one of the kindest, gentlest and talented boys God has ever created," she said. "The love and joy he gave to everybody is proven by the vast number of people who have sent their loves and prayers."

"We always knew that Ben would make a truly special mark on this world - hopefully he will be the one who finally puts an end to this," the actress continued. "Please boys and girls put down your knives and weapons and think about the pain and suffering this will cause."

Two 16-year-olds who were arrested in connection with the incident have now been bailed.

My heart goes out to the Kinsella family and Ben's friends. Somehow, sadly, I don't think that this was the last fatal stabbing though

So has Linda robson, she was quoted alot on the radio today as it was her son Louis who was holding Ben when he died.

Its not fair people should be scared when they go out or more so the parents not knowing if there child will come back.

its a vicious circle for these young kids

Thread Information