Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin)

Luckily Dev is not a key character at the moment

Coronation Street seems to have a new love triangle brewing next week as Julie Carp shows an interest in Dev Alahan.

Viewers have seen Mary Taylor (Patti Clare) form an attachment to Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) and his children following Sunita's death last year, but she could have competition on her hands in the form of Julie (Katy Cavanagh).

Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan

Dev has grown closer to Julie recently following an awkward mishap on Dev's part while he was persuading her to sign up for the gym.

Next week, things step up a gear as Dev and Julie enjoy a drink together, but Mary is left jealous after witnessing their growing closeness.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (04-09-2014), swmc66 (05-09-2014), tammyy2j (06-09-2014)

An unusual pairing but hopefully it works

It could but won't as Jimmi is leaving next year
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-09-2014 at 08:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    It could but won't as Jimmi is leaving next year
    I thought he was just having some time off?

He has had that tine off recently, but I understand he is leaving next year

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He has had that tine off recently, but I understand he is leaving next year
    I haven't heard that rumour. Has there been an official announcement?

I read it somewhere but can't remember where. Hopefully just speculation rather than the truth because I like the character

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-09-2014)

Dev and Julie would be a good pairing, she wants kids too poor Mary will she ever find love for herself

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has said that viewers will see Mary Taylor's scary side once again as the competition for Dev Alahan heats up.

The actress's character Julie Harp has recently grown closer to Dev, much to the annoyance of Mary (Patti Clare) who also had hopes for romance with him.

Cavanagh said: "Mary becomes like a fly who won't go away and she just keeps turning up. Julie doesn't over-analyse things so she doesn't really understand why Mary keeps turning up and she's starting to feel a little freaked out.

"Then there's a scene in the pub where Mary gives a huge great speech about all the women who've tried to get Dev into bed and that's when it gets quite scary for Julie. Scary Mary is back!"

Despite the brewing love triangle, Cavanagh insists that her character isn't trying to compete with Mary.

She continued: "I don't think you can possibly not be aware that Mary isn't very happy but I don't think Julie is directly competing with Mary. It's not like that, it's more that Mary is very territorial over Dev and it's a bit strange."

Mary is put out by Julie and Dev's friendship
    © ITV
    Mary is put out by Julie and Dev's friendship

"Julie's aware that Mary's a bit strange but Julie sees the best in everyone so she tries to accommodate Mary. She just thinks Mary is behaving a bit oddly rather than directly competing with her.

"Julie's desperate for a family, she's desperate to be part of a couple and have all those things. She's lonely, really lonely, and she thinks Dev is very charming, he's high up in the community and she sees him as a good catch."

Speaking about whether Julie and Mary could put their differences aside and get along, Cavanagh added: "I think Mary and Julie could be friends and get on quite well in the end but Mary's difficult to get to know.

"She likes who she likes and it's hard to break in there. Maybe Julie can melt that a bit rather than be kidnapped!"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (23-09-2014), maidmarian (23-09-2014)

Thread Information