Thread: 'Hollyoaks' admits filming less on location

'Hollyoaks' admits filming less on location

Producers have admitted that Hollyoaks is increasingly filmed in studios rather than on location in Chester.

They said the pressure of supplying five episodes each week meant a larger proportion was made on set at Childwall, Liverpool.

"Filming five episodes of a popular soap opera every week is incredibly fast-moving and unfortunately time pressure means we are unable to film on location as often as we have in the past," said a spokesman for producer Lime Pictures.

"As well as the time used to travel, it is much more time-consuming to film in Chester as many tourists and residents flock to see the filming. This is great entertainment for us, but unfortunately slows down the filming process."

The spokesman told the Chester Chronicle: "Hollyoaks remains extremely proud to be based in the fictional suburb of Chester and despite the fact that we don’t film on location as often, we continue to endeavour to arrange events in the area such as the recent football challenge and charity ball."

To be honest who is bothered whether they film in Chester or in the studio

I never notice As long as the storyline's keep being good I don't mind where they film it!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

i know, its not like they go wandering around Manchester or central london in the other soaps!

Thread Information