Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can a creche do this??

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post

Is there a reason why he has started biting again?
    I can only think of negative attention.. that is all he gets or none.. I never see any praise for him.. when I pick him up it is either "ben did this, ben did that" or "yeah he was ok today".. it is never "Ben was great helping me". All kids need praise.. I give my kids it every day.. they pick up a spoon I thank them.. they help me, I give them hugs and kisses and make a big fuss.. if they misbehave, they know I am not happy and they want to please me again by behaving and doing something nice.. Positive attention!!!
    Super Mod

They really shouldnt keep him in his buggy all day! I mean even the workers there should know that thats wrong!

Just showed my mumthis thread - she works as a link worker at the children's centre up the road - they provide day care from babies to 3 year old and then there's a nursery part.

They had the same kinda of incident a couple of months ago and my Mum said in no way are they allowed to do this. They shouldn't even really send him home unless it's deadly serious i.e he's a threat to the other children/members of staff. They should be working with you and Ben to understand why he's doing it and so to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Last edited by Hollie-x; 13-06-2008 at 21:28.
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

Restraining him in his buggy is actually a form of abuse Shiv, i would get advise from authority's.
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 13-06-2008 at 18:32.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessie Wallace For This Useful Post:

parkerman (15-06-2008), Perdita (14-06-2008)

i was thinking the same as JW this is defintly a breach of there powers they have been given, its irresponsable behaviour by the creche and should be chalenged.

I think the legal term in Ultra Vires meaning beyond powers.

Hope you sort it Shiv

Wrong thread sorry but I hope you get it sorted out Siobhan, all sounds wrong from my point of view! x
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 14-06-2008 at 20:04.

I don't want to put a spanner in the works Shiv but don't you ever get the feeling that some of the creche workers favour other kids over Ben on what happened last year. Like he has bitten one child and they're like ooh he was awful last year so they have just thrown him in his buggy for some peace.

I may be speaking out of turn here and I apologise if I ofend you SHiv or anyone else but Marley was with a childminder for 9 years up to last year Elaine was a good caring childminder. Marley used to cared for in a church hall as there was two childminders there who looked after the kids there instead of in their own houses, that way the kids could get out to play in the church garden and the childminders had adult company.

5 years ago Elaine started looking after this little lad Scott, Scott is now at school but when he got to a toddler he started becoming a bit of a handful Elaine thought it was that he didn't get much attention at home from his parents. But then some of the older kids would hit him and as Scott was a bit big for his age he would stand up for himself and if a 4 year old hit him then Scott would hit back. Unfortunatley Scott would be the one who got caught and made to sit in the naughty chair for a few minutes.

Once Marley went to school I used to pop into the hall and have a cuppa before I went to work and if anything happened Scott was first to be blamed even if he was at the other end of the room. The other childminder Wendy was forever comenting that Scott was a little shi* and so were other childminders who would pop in for the mother and toddler group. The poor lad never stood a chance. I know he was no angel but hey what kid is. All i'm saying that you had problems at the creche last year with Ben but don't you think they are making a mountain out of a mole hill just to get you to remove him. If you think I'm wrong then tell me to shut my pie hole.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (16-06-2008)

I agree with Kath. Is it possible that Ben is being made a scapegoat for things that happen in the crech? Or is he reacting to something that another kid has done to him but he's been caught instead of the other kid?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thanks Kath.. that is sometime how I feel.. I think every new worker there they are told to watch out for Ben.. I know that his other friends in the creche are behaving the same way but not getting the same crap from the owner. I have a meeting with another creche tomorrow so hopefully we will get him out of there. Charley is also been picked on by her minder so she wants to move to.. With both of them unhappy, I am not keeping them there anymore and I will let the owner know why I am moving them
    Super Mod

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Have you spoken to them about him being in the pushchair for that long? Make sure you tear strips off them as no matter what Ben has done in the past - he is a child. He does not deserve treatment like that. Who does the certfication over there (like Ofsted here - is it the same people? Dumb question time ) Have you spoken to them to report this treatment. No matter what a child does - if a parent did that to them, SS would be on their case in no time for abuse/neglect etc - I think its about time the creche was subjected to the same treatment. We have to trust the people who we leave our children with and this creche obviously can't be trusted.

x x

Thread Information