Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can a creche do this??

I think I'd remove the child from the creche too. Maybe its the environment, or other children there....thats causing your child to bite....if he is bored, copying another child, or not getting any attention from the child carers...I can understand why something like this would happen. Moreover, strapping him in his buggy, IS child abuse and that's the reason I would move the child....because it would make me think what else does the creche deem acceptable if they can do that to a child?

Good luck with finding a good creche!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

From an 'inside view' if u like (ive worked in a nursery for 3 years and been qualified the same amount of time in childrens care), reading what you have said Siobhan, its not right. although teachers nursery nurse's and creché wrokers etc have a right to remove the child from the situation so they can realise what theyve done is wrong, but as for moving them to an older class so they can be treated is wrong but also what a child done 5 mins ago happend they dnt rememeber, you go and collect him at the end of the day adn say have you been in the buggy all day because you bit so and so, theyll deny it because alot happened.
    the creché was in the wrong to A) ring you to tell you basicaly from the way i see it as they didnt know what to do with your son but also to punish him in that way. i no that i would never treat any child like that not even my own. and im quiet harsh on the children at work. a bit of bribary would have worked on him surely, if you bite again you wont be able to play outside etc.
    hope your son wasnt to disstressd when you saw him.

Thread Information