22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 36.36%
  • NO

14 63.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever lied on a CV?

Have you ever lied on a CV?

After Lee lied on his CV on the apprentice last week, I was wondering if everyone does it or is there some honest people like me who have never lied on a CV.

If you have lied, were you caught out on it?
    Super Mod

I've said stuff like helping out Rotary Quiz - many times *cough* ..listed the musical instruments I can play a few of which I can't anymore

I'd never make up something like a job I haven't had or qualifications I haven't got though.

I got my sister to do my CV

I've never been caught out because I haven't applied for a job yet
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 11-06-2008 at 17:17.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I haven't but a friend of mine did once (it was only for a saturday job though) and they never checked up on it.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I work in HR and get to see a fair number of CVs. Small lies usually don't get found out but if you claim to be able to do things you are required to do in the job that you have applied for, you better watch out. You either get rumbled at the interview when you can't answer the questions or during your probation period when it becomes evident you have not got the skills. Of course, you never know whether the new boss does not check up on you with your previous employer.

Honestly? No! I have typed up by CV but no lies on it, I don't see why people have to do it..

+ I am actually suprised at finding out people do lie in their CV's?! People want to employ people for who they are.. They should just be honest so they have nothing to feel guilty about others..
    I mean knowing that you only got a job.. by lying.. for something you didn't do is quite bad!
    I think it's okay to lie in hobbies & interests, nothing to OTT though.

Just work hard and do your best in life and there won't really be a reason to lie. If what's done is done and is to late then just don't lie and charm the people you see lol x

I know a few people who put down that they got firsts in their degrees when they got a third class honours. They never got found out.

If people think they can get away with it then they will embellish their cv.

I've never done it (never applied for a proper job yet) but I think I'd be too scared of getting caught out.

I see that nearly half the people that voted have lied. Did anyone get caught out?
    Last edited by Abigail; 11-06-2008 at 21:27.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Nothing serious.. only saying something like I read a lot or something. .

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Never lied - there is no point. To be a good liar, you have to have an even better memory.

I havent. Mine you, mines kinda non-existant!

I have. I said I was a good time-keeper and was organised. I'm neither of those but it hasn't been picked up on... I've never lied about grades though. I wouldn't do anything like that.

Thread Information