Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know what this might be?

Does anyone know what this might be?

Since Monday ive had a constant sore throat which wasnt too bad at first (just like a normal one) since then its got worse and worse and hasnt gone off at all, now to the point where im finding it extremely painful to even swallow a tablet, it went off a bit last night but then started again when i went to bed. at first i thought it might just be my hayfever but my eyes and nose are absolutely fine. Also at the same time ive had a constant pain in the left hand side of my neck which doesnt seem to be going away and not so much a headache but like a cold pain right at the back of my head. On top of that ive been feeling really drowsy and shivery. are these just signs of hayfever or something else? ive had hayfever for years but this feels a lot worse. I can't even ask my mam or anything as shes away at the moment. any help appreciated
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

It sounds as though you have a bout of flu chris. Take a couple of paracemal and drink plenty of fluids such as water or orange juice to stop you dehydrating. If you don't feel better in a couple of days make an appointment for the doc.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I thought it might be the flu but wasnt sure, thanks Kath. drinking water as we speak lol
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I had something similar not long back Chris - I thought it was hayfever at first, but then the shivers came etc. Get those fluids in you and if it not cleared up soon, get yourself up the quacks. Mine was viral - maybe thats what yours is too, but obv only a doc can tell you that

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Chris,, sounds like you have the same symptoms my guy had, and it was STREP THROAT,, u might want to go to the Doc and have your throat swabbed..in the mean time keep downing the fluids..

I was going to say the same thing. Last month I think it was, I went to London with my Dad for work, and all the way back I had the exact same syptoms. I went to see the doctor and he siad I had strep throat. He just gave me some anti-biotics and it was fine within a week or so.

He also reccommended that I drank lots and lots of fluids - however hard it was!
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

I dont want to worry you but it could be quincy. This is a serious infection. I had it and was in hospital for four days. Massive doses of pennicillin and in the end up had to get the tonsils lanced and then removed about a fortnight later after the infection went away.

Get yourself to your GP or else Casualty
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Symptoms of Quinsy for you to see if you could have it, Chris. Sounds awful.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Symptoms of Quinsy for you to see if you could have it, Chris. Sounds awful.
    It is believe me
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I'd also reccomend to give smoking a miss till it clears up - whatever you got.. or at least cut down. If you haven't already that is. x

Thread Information