Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone is trying to stop Smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    I found a week in hospital with Gall Stones worked a treat for me, came out and said to myself if i can go 6 days without one then why bother to start again, so glad i stoped saves me a fortune, and am loving the smoking ban in public buildings.

same here i gave up when i was 16 weeks pregnant, i just couldnt stop before then. I ended up in hospital ahving a cyst removed and obviosly couldnt nip out for a fag, 4 days of not having one and i just couldnt be bothered!

of course i do sometimes think ooo i could kill for a fag now but havent had one! i cant belive how much money i used to waste on fags!

Tell me about it. It's so expensive . I must waste 20 quid a week on it. Less sometimes though.

Keep a diary for a month on how much you've spent on cigarettes times that by 12 you could see what amount of money you could save a year by giving up!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Here lye's some of your money problems Lea huni. If you must smoke go to roll's instead, they tatse gross so will help you stop too! lol

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Unless of course you smoke Vanilla tobacco which I did, which didn't taste as gross (although a lot of people thought I was smoking something completely different)

I had a choice, baby or fags, so I went to the hypnotist and gave up from that day 3 years ago.

I did go to my GP about it, but there was a questionnaire to fill in and lots of criteria to be met (down here anyway) in order to receive the giving up smoking stuff on prescription.

Good luck to all those that want to give up though.

I have given it up today, i have bought two big chocolate cakes, i am going to get fat!....
    Last edited by CHARITY; 11-06-2008 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by CHARITY View Post
    I have given it up today, i have bought two big chocolate cakes, i am going to get fat!....
    All the best, hope you can stick to it. Just remember not to eat two big chocolate cakes every day though. If you increase your exercise straight away now you should be able to keep your weight in check.

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    i dont smoke myself, but my sis friend tried to give up smoking. she went to a hypnotist and it worked (well til she was in a car which ran an old lady over so she had a fag and started again). but yeh that seemed to help
    My Dad gave up by hypnosis he never smoked after that, he's actually really anti-smoking now!

I can't say I've ever been tempted though, my dad's friend died from lung cancer when I was young and watching him sitting in a wheelchair white as a ghost, coughing and still smoking was enough to put me off!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I stopped smoking on 11th November last year.

I just stopped. Didn't use anything.

I actually found it really easy. I discovered that worrying about not giving up was actually much harder than doing it!!

The local health authority run courses round here that can be really useful if you want to quit.

I have put on a stone and a bit since i quit but i am losing that now and couldn't be happier!

Like someone else said, i'm loving the smoking ban in pubs - definately made the habit easier to kick.

Good luck

I said i was giving it up last day, but it is my birthday today, so i thought giving it up 20th June was better, then i have some time left with my fags, Ha Ha

Thread Information