Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stressed Out!!

Lea I can Sympathise with you. I have been there, first thing to do is talk to your tutor I know it can be hard to ask for help but they will give you all the support you need. Then write down the list of assessments you still have to do this will help you priorities your workload. Our students offically finish on Friday but the tutors are still available for another two weeks so even if you do miss the deadline you may still be able to complete all the assessments.

Also speak to the student support team they can help you set out a structure for studying by setting yourself a two-hour study time this could either be in the college liabary or at home, word of warning though if you are studying at home turn off the TV to avoid distraction.

Good luck you will get through this just don't bottle things up.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-06-2008)

When it comes to priorities your work try the following:

Try to do only one thing at a time.

(It is so easy to start to do something and then to let thoughts of all the other things that need to be done stress you out. When this happens, take 10 really deep breaths, in through your nose and out slowly through your mouth - close your eyes and when you have finished open your eyes and concentrate on the ONE task you have set yourself. Don't think ahead.)

Try to do the thing you hate/worry about/fear first.

(Once this is out of the way you can relax a little when you are doing the other tasks)

Try to fit in some exercise - a 20 minute walk even. Exercise clears the mind and fights stress.

Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-06-2008)

Maybe you should go to a thearpist, i have been thinking about it myself, sometimes really stressed i am never on time always thirty minutes light. Belive me honey you are not ther only one who is really stressed out!....

Thanks guys. I chickened out of talking to my lecturer today haha. Will try again tomorrow maybe.

I like your idea of doing the thing that I'm worried about first. Think I might try that. Only thing is I kinda need powerpoint, but I suppose I can do it on word and then just copy and paste.

Found out today that we have another test!!! Only told us today! Have to memorise loads of places in the UK and place them on a map! Like rivers, mountains, coastal resorts, airports, etc.... AH!

hope you get everything sorted soon. I'm sure you will. It is always stressful and it makes it worse being at this time of year as well.

Hope the test goes well. I wish i could offer some more advice but i dont really know what to say/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-06-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    I like your idea of doing the thing that I'm worried about first. Think I might try that. Only thing is I kinda need powerpoint, but I suppose I can do it on word and then just copy and paste.
    You can download Open Office. It's a free (and legal) version of office and includes power point. I'll pm you the link.
    Thanks CrazyLea

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-06-2008)

You ypm me the link too please, i really need a copy of power point, i've got a viewer, but need the actual programme.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    If you google Open Office its very easy to find. Its a brilliant program that also allows you to convert files to PDF if required, which I find an absolutely sinch for work etc.

How are you feeling Lea? You know what we were talking about the other night - its all sorted - come find me, anytime etc - you know where I am hun x x

I'm quite offended/annoyed today .

I was reading my horoscope today.. as ya do (don't believe it, but read it anyway).. and it said something about me getting a makeover... and 2 of my mates said.. " How funny! We were saying yesterday how we'd like to give you a makeover!!" ... ??!?!?!? What's that supposed to mean?? My one mate has a really expressive face, and I know what she was saying...
    Just because I don't wear make up, not the prettiest, not the thinnest and don't wear the most fashionable clothes in the world, is there any need?? Whatever happened to comfort and "there's more to life that looks". Maybe I'm over reacting, but so what. I found it offensive tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    I'm quite offended/annoyed today .

I was reading my horoscope today.. as ya do (don't believe it, but read it anyway).. and it said something about me getting a makeover... and 2 of my mates said.. " How funny! We were saying yesterday how we'd like to give you a makeover!!" ... ??!?!?!? What's that supposed to mean?? My one mate has a really expressive face, and I know what she was saying...
    Just because I don't wear make up, not the prettiest, not the thinnest and don't wear the most fashionable clothes in the world, is there any need?? Whatever happened to comfort and "there's more to life that looks". Maybe I'm over reacting, but so what. I found it offensive tbh.

well ive seen many pics of you and i think you are GOORGESSSS, make up or no make up! at least you dont hide behind tons of caked on slap!

You are you hun why on earth would you ( you gorgeuos thing you ) need a makeover, tell them to go book themselves one!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (12-06-2008)

Thread Information