Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stressed Out!!

This may sounds completely stupid and like weird.. please don;t take offence at all to it!
    Wherever you study and do work... is it messy?
    I find when my rooms a mess I can't concentrate at all.. and as soon as I tidy it my head is clear and I can work alot better.
    Also, make a list of every assignment/piece of work you ahve to do and write the deadline next to it... then decide which order to complete work in and cross it off as you go.. I find that helps too.
    I do Welsh Bacc too (however, for me it is compulsory) since it is compulsory I leave that until last and make sure all ym mainstream work is done first (although I am liek you and do work last minute)
    However, if Welsh Bac was an option you chose I suggest you don't leave it until last

With the money... set a limit on money each day. Write a list of what you actually need.. and what are just wants. Then buy the necessities first and if there is any leftover money in the day.. try to save it if you can.. that way you may always have spare cash. Also, remember to keep track of your money.. write down everything you buy in a day and how much it was... that why you will know where every penny has gone and where most of it dissapears too.. that way you can work out how to cut back on what most money is going on.

Sorry I rambled and I hope this is of some help....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty :] For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

I really do want to talk to a lecturer. I wish my tutor was in but, I think I could talk to a different one. Just need to find the courage.. what should I say?
    Just that I'm really stressed out with college? What if because I'm stressed out this year, she thinks that I'd be too stressed to do next year too?

Welsh Bac is compulsary for me too.
    No I tend to do my work at the computer.. but the computer is in the lounge... where the tv is.. that might distract me? And in college my mates are always there with me, so I tend to get distracted by them (not their fault).

Thanks for the money tip, that's a good idea... writing down what I spend it on.

Thanks to all by the way. xxxxx

Yeah I find telly distracting too... but what helps is not turning it on... not even looking at it even if it means jsut playing music but I try not to do that either. Aw yeah no I agree with the friends part. It happens to me too. I don't think there's alot you can do about that rather than maybe going to the computer room when they ahve lectures if that's possible?

Last Thursday I did manage to stay on my own in a classroom when everyone else was somewhere else, because I was already logged on to the computer, and I did actually manage to get a whole task done! So I might try doing that again this Thursday. Though tomorrow I'm gonna try speak to my lecturer so hopefully she'll understand and I can go out of class or something and go to the computer suite on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    I really do want to talk to a lecturer. I wish my tutor was in but, I think I could talk to a different one. Just need to find the courage.. what should I say?
    Just that I'm really stressed out with college? What if because I'm stressed out this year, she thinks that I'd be too stressed to do next year too?
    At the end of a lesson ask if you can have a word or if you can make an appointment to see her in one of your free periods. Tell her that you're feeling stressed and want to get a few things off your chest.

Stress is natural, especially when exams are going on and there's lots of coursework to be done. I really don't think that she'd say you shouldn't continue next year on the basis of stress at the moment.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I was thinking.. maybe if I send an email, saying what you just said Abigail, then she will say yeah you can talk to me.. I just really, really don't know if I can voice it. I am really rather shy on my own. .

*Breathes in*. Well I'm gonna either email my lecturer tomorrow, or speak to her in the morning.. because I have a lecture at 10, and that lecturer is going to go mad because I haven't done the work. So hopefully catch the other lecturer before that..

OH so confusing! I don't want my mates to know either! So going to make the excuse that it's about work!

Well I'm off to bed now, but thanks for everyone's advice so far. It is really helping. xxxxx

Send her an email before the lesson then hopefully she'll read it and know that you want to talk to her afterwards.

I hope tomorrow goes ok and your 10am lecturer is ill
    Thanks CrazyLea

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-06-2008)

I hope she is too.. but she's never ill GRRR!!! .

All the best for today x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-06-2008)

Thread Information