Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stressed Out!!

Stressed Out!!

Didn't know where to put this so I put it here lol..

I am really stressed out at the moment! College is just getting on top of me a bit. I'm usually really laid back with work and stuff (all my teachers/lecturers have said - kind of in a bad way they say it), but these past few months I've been so stressed, I don't really know why. Only I don't show/say it. I've got LOADS of assignments to do in THREE weeks, and I really think I'm going to fail! I know I shouldn't have left it all til the last minute, but that's just me I always do. I've gotten to the point where I actually can't be bothered to do work. I start, then after like half an hour, or if I get stuck, I just leave it!

Because I'm stressed I get really moody with my mates sometimes, the slightest thing will set me off, then they get really annoyed, and that makes me even more annoyed and stressed. I've even fallen out with a few mates a few times! I been smoking more, drinking more, as said, getting more angry! Not always with the anger, but a lot more than I used to, I do still have a laugh with my mates and stuff. But I don't know what to do < That's what I feel like doing sometimes lol! But I can't. It's there, but won't come out lol!

I'm also getting really stressed because of money! I get money, then it's gone within like 2 days!!!!

What should I do?? I just want this academic year to end . But I don't want to fail either!!!

Sorry for the huge rant .
    Last edited by CrazyLea; 09-06-2008 at 21:45.

I think you need to deal with one thing at a time. Which assingment needs more attention or handed in first?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

All of the deadlines for them have passed! I got one due in tomorrow *last deadline so she says, probs won't be*. Then Welsh Bac needs to be in Weds! Marketing has to be in Thurs (think I'm getting on top of that one though). Another one had to be in last week, and now my tutor is off ill, so won't be able to give it to her! Work Exp and Cust Serv has to be in in 1/2 weeks I think! Key Skills tomorrow!!!

Right i know how you feel althrough i don't smoke or drink. But i do have a go at my friend's but i discuss it with them (the problem that's made me all stressy and annoyed) and they accept it cause to be honest there's nothing they can do.

Don't bottle thing's up i've learnd not to bottle thing's up cause they will be come out sooner or later. You tried: Taking deep breaths, Putting all your thoughts onto paper, or watching something to maybe try unwind.

Anger can be helped several ways: Stress ball, Punching pillow now WALL!, Screaming into pillow, Going for a walk or out the back for a bit for some fresh air without the cigarettes!.

Assignments you should just try and concentrate as best as you can, and althrough you've left it this late i don't think you're going to fail, you just need faith in yourself hun, and if i can have it in you then you can have it in yourself i'm sure.

Money - Unfortenatly no comment cause i have money and then it's gone but maybe only spending a certain amount of money per day/week and stick to you so you don't run out that quickly.

Hope that helps hun and i'm always here for you if you need me x

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tannie For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

- Your just like me with work lol, you just need to set aside a bit of time e.g. a couple of hours a night to work on your assignments - try to do the harder one's first because they take longer.

- With your money you should open another bank account, put half the money you earn in a savings account that you don't let yourself touch or something like that
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

Thanks, about the bottling things up, I find it really hard to talk to people in person - on here is fine, don't know why. I don't think I've EVER told a mate/lecturer/family member a problem that I've had. It just makes me uncomfortable!

I'll try the putting thoughts onto a piece of paper, that might be a kind of release thing. I dunno.

Talk to your lecturers and explain that you feel very stressed at the moment with one thing and another (you don't have to say why). See if you can come to an agreement about deadlines and what extra help they can give you with your work, if you feel you need it.

I can't tell people about my problems in person. I can do it online where I don't know people personally. It's usually pretty obvious when I'm hiding something that I don't want to talk about so that's another reason why I feel uncomfortable talking to people, they always want to know.

Diary is good, that helped me a lot when I was having problems a few years back, as did the alcohol. Looking back I can see that drinking made my problems worse and also created more. I'm not saying quit the drinking but don't let it get to the point where you're relying on the booze to get over a bad day or something.
    Thanks CrazyLea

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

Hmm I'll try speak to a lecturer.. the only one's that I'd actually consider speaking to about something like this are ill though! So AHH.

I'm rubbish with actual diarys, I never know what to write in them.

Don't think I'm relying on drink... yet.. but on average... out of 7 days I probably drink at least one glass of something ike 6 of them!!! That sounds bad to me, but I dunno what it sounds like to others?

I don't drink at all now (except when I go out) but I used to drink a lot. I'd drink two litres of cider in a night or a bottle of vodka or wine. Whatever I could find really. I only did that on weekends though.

I'm not sure if drinking almost every night is good or bad. Watch how much you're drinking though; more than 14 units per week for women isn't a good idea.

About the diary. I just used to write about my day, how stressed/upset/angry etc I was and why. I also wrote what made me smile, just general things that had happened.
    Thanks CrazyLea

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

I do know how you feel Lea. I think you should really confide in someone you know and who you can trust in person - maybe your college tutor? Tell them how your feeling and they may be understanding about it and possibly set you an extension or be leniant and more caring towards you..

Also, try and get yourself really organised. Write out a day to day rota, writing down what needs to be doing and by when, so then you've set yourself a routine for the day. Try and stick to it as best you can and then maybe reward yourself with a drink afterwards, but don't overdo it! A drink or a smoke can help calm nerves, but overdoing it with alcohol or cigarettes won't help you in the long run..so be careful not to overdo it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

Thread Information