Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&A Rebecca Breeds joins

I think they have totally ruined her character. theyve made her into a man obsessed skank and i find it ridiculous that theyve had other characters let her turn out like this. shes supposed to be close to leah and roo but they dont seem to tell her where she is going wrong but allowed her to just make one mistake after another. good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Rebecca Breeds has departed her Home and Away role as Ruby Buckton, it has been confirmed.

Breeds, who joined the soap in 2008, filmed her final Summer Bay scenes several weeks ago, according to TV Week.

However, Breeds was coy on her departure, saying: "It's a contract thing, so I can't discuss that."

The actress ruled out a tragic end for her alter ego and revealed that the door will be left open for a return to the Australian serial.

She added: "Ruby is still very much alive. I'm not free of Ruby yet."

The 24-year-old's character Ruby is currently embroiled in a love-triangle plot with boyfriend Romeo and his ex-wife Indi.

Either Ruby or Indi will soon find out they are pregnant in an upcoming storyline.
    About f*cking time

Home and Away star Rebecca Breeds has revealed that Romeo Smith will feel "betrayed" when he discovers that her character Ruby Buckton has lied about being pregnant.

A storyline which has already begun airing on Australian screens has seen Ruby tell Romeo (Luke Mitchell) that she is expecting his baby following problems between them.

However, when Leah Patterson-Baker (Ada Nicodemou) starts asking awkward questions in an upcoming episode, Ruby is forced to tell her that the pregnancy is fake.

Breeds told TV Week of the storyline: "I think Ruby could sense things weren't right between her and Romeo. She was scared he'd break up with her.

"Leah is very persistent that Ruby goes to the doctor because of her diabetes, to check everything would be okay for the baby. When Ruby keeps putting it off, she ends up telling Leah the truth. Leah isn't happy and tells Ruby to tell Romeo, or she will."

The actress continued: "I think deep down she knows she made a mistake in lying, but it definitely doesn't come from a bad place. I think Ruby just doesn't want to be alone."

Ruby later allows Romeo to think that she has lost the baby as her deceitful behaviour continues. However, when Leah rebukes her for continuing to lie, Ruby is finally forced to tell Romeo the truth.

Breeds added: "He doesn't handle it well. Romeo feels betrayed and can't believe Ruby would lie about something like that."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and late July on Channel 5 in the UK.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (25-06-2012)

Home and Away star Rebecca Breeds has thanked fans for their support following her on-screen exit from the soap.

The latest episode to air on Network Seven in Australia saw the actress's character Ruby Buckton bid farewell to Summer Bay after confessing to a terrible crime.

Earlier this week, Australian viewers saw Dexter Walker (Charles Cottier) at the centre of a horrifying road accident while driving his sister Indi's new car. The incident was a result of Ruby tampering with the brakes in a desperate attempt to get rid of Indi.

Plagued with regret and realising that she deserved to be brought to justice, Ruby handed herself in to the police after saying a final farewell to Brax (Steve Peacocke).

Writing on Twitter today (August 15), Breeds told followers: "Thank you. Such beautiful feedback. So sad that it's all over, but kind of relieved to let poor Ruby go and heal... And my Eyes.. Love you."

Breeds's fiancé Luke Mitchell, who plays Romeo Smith on the show, paid tribute to the 25-year-old on his own Twitter page after the episode had aired.

Mitchell tweeted: "Ladies & Gentlemen, put your hands together for the incomparable Miss Rebecca Breeds! #HollywoodIsWaiting #HomeAndAway"

Meanwhile, Lincoln Younes - better known as Casey Braxton - wrote: "Congratulations to @BecEBreeds on a phenomenal last episode... It was a pleasure working with you. See you on bigger and better things!!! X"

News of Breeds's decision to leave Home and Away first emerged in May and was confirmed the following month.

Home and Away fans in the UK will see Ruby's final scenes on Channel 5 on Wednesday, October 10.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (16-08-2012)

Morag will get her out of jail

Ex-Home and Away star Rebecca Breeds has admitted that she wishes writers had given her character Ruby a happier send-off.

Troubled Ruby handed herself in to the police after she confessed to tampering with Indi's car brakes in an attempt to kill her, causing Dexter to have a horrifying road accident.

Recalling her feelings upon learning the details of the plot, she said: "I was like, 'Really?'. Because she's been through so much sadness, I wanted her to have some light and go out on a hopeful note.

"I thought [the exit storyline] was a bit unfair because I thought, 'How much can they heap on her?'.

"Emotionally, I was exhausted and didn't know how much I could go through - she lost her mum, and been to rehab, and had a rapist father, and her sister's her mother, and she's had crazy break-ups."

Breeds concluded: "I was so tired. There was no breathing space or light for Ruby and it just got worse and worse, and the way she went out is so sad."

However, she also acknowledged: "I spoke to the writers about this a lot, because I want her to be loved and I don't want her to be a psycho bitch.

"But then I looked at the justification - it's not even six months after her mother died. Who's going to be happy and stable? It would be wrong to portray that people could get over something like that."

Home and Away fans in the UK will see Ruby's final scenes on Channel 5 on Wednesday, October 10. Her last scenes aired last week in Australia.

Ex-Home and Away star Rebecca Breeds has admitted that she wishes writers had given her character Ruby a happier send-off.

Troubled Ruby handed herself in to the police after she confessed to tampering with Indi's car brakes in an attempt to kill her, causing Dexter to have a horrifying road accident.

Recalling her feelings upon learning the details of the plot, she said: "I was like, 'Really?'. Because she's been through so much sadness, I wanted her to have some light and go out on a hopeful note.

"I thought [the exit storyline] was a bit unfair because I thought, 'How much can they heap on her?'.

"Emotionally, I was exhausted and didn't know how much I could go through - she lost her mum, and been to rehab, and had a rapist father, and her sister's her mother, and she's had crazy break-ups."

Breeds concluded: "I was so tired. There was no breathing space or light for Ruby and it just got worse and worse, and the way she went out is so sad."

However, she also acknowledged: "I spoke to the writers about this a lot, because I want her to be loved and I don't want her to be a psycho bitch.

"But then I looked at the justification - it's not even six months after her mother died. Who's going to be happy and stable? It would be wrong to portray that people could get over something like that."

Home and Away fans in the UK will see Ruby's final scenes on Channel 5 on Wednesday, October 10. Her last scenes aired last week in Australia.

Home and Away's Rebecca Breeds and Holby City actor Art Malik are to make their Bollywood debut in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.

The soap actors will feature alongside Indian film stars Farhan Akhtar and Sonam Kapoor in the project, based on the story of Olympic runner Milkha Singh.

'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' poster

Breeds, who played Ruby Buckton on the Australian soap, exited in August 2012 after her character confessed to a serious crime.

As well as starring in the BBC's Holby City, Malik has appeared in Upstairs Downstairs and US movie projects The Living Daylights, True Lies and Sex and the City 2.

The Hindi-language film is directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who was previously nominated for a BAFTA for his work on Rang De Basanti.

Bhaag Milkha Bhaag releases on July 12 through Viacom18 Motion Pictures.

It's disappointing that H&A producers don't follow up on characters like Ruby - I'd love to know what she got when she was taken away in the Police car. Charlie didn't mention her when she briefly returned in the past week... it would have been cool if they'd have talked about her too.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lellygurl For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-06-2013), kylie1 (02-07-2013)

Thread Information