Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&A Rebecca Breeds joins

H&A Rebecca Breeds joins

This is from backtothebay.net

Ruby Buckton, played by Rebecca Breeds, 20, arrives in the Bay Friday 20th June)
    Plays: Ruby who follows her older sister, Charlie to town and quickly has residents up in arms when she and her boyfriend Pat put on a very public display of affection.
    Past: Rebecca plays opinionated Cassie in the current season of Blue Water High.
    The girl on the right is Rebecca. The one next to her is a fan

Thanks CrazyLea

So is she the one on the very end?

Yup, in the red jacket.
    Thanks CrazyLea

More new characters. I think she looks like a young Cassie.

I thought she looked a bit like Cassie.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Home and Away's Ruby Buckton was left devastated earlier this year as her mother Charlie lost her life after being shot.

As her grieving process continues on UK screens in the coming days, Ruby receives a shock as she discovers that Charlie's former partner Brax (Steve Peacocke) is already pursuing other women - keen to find a way to deal with his pain.

Ruby soon looks for an escape of her own by attending a surfing competition with old flame Romeo Smith (Luke Mitchell). Even though it's entirely innocent, is she heading for trouble with Romeo's wife Indi (Samara Weaving)?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Rebecca Breeds, who plays Ruby, to hear about the drama ahead for her character.

We've recently seen some really emotional scenes for Ruby. What have they been like to film?
    "They were very daunting and challenging, but when you give a good performance or go to a new place of emotional freedom, it's such a rush. I feel like I've grown a lot as an actor through this opportunity."

How did you feel about saying goodbye to Esther Anderson, who played Charlie, after working with her so closely?
    "It was really sad and I still miss her all the time, but I'm excited for her to explore new opportunities and show the world what she's made of! We keep in touch when we can, but she's away a lot now."

How long do you think the loss of Charlie will affect Ruby for?
    "The rest of her life. It's going to take her a really long time to grieve, heal and find how to live without her mother and best friend. Loneliness haunts her all the time."

How does Ruby react when she finds out that Brax has been seeing other women so quickly?
    "She's hurt and disgusted that he is disrespecting Charlie's memory so soon. Especially as it was their relationship that led to Charlie's death in the first place."

Is it true that the pair of them eventually reach an understanding and make up?
    "I can't say too much, but it's not the one event. It's an ongoing process of healing and forgiveness. She needs to be looked after and cared for, so I think she gives in and stops fighting him after a while, but it's always hard."

Do you think there could be any future for Ruby and Casey after their recent break-up?
    "Ruby is very anti-Braxton for a while, but Casey and Ruby have a strong connection and I personally love their relationship, so never say never."

Casey is also hiding a big secret about losing control in juvenile detention. How would Ruby react if she found out?
    "She's pretty closed off to him right now, so she doesn't care much, but deep down I think she will always love him and feel for him. She would just want him to be okay."

If not Casey, who else from the Bay do you think Ruby would be interested in?
    "Who knows? She's so lonely that she just loves any company. She needs someone who will take care of her."

What can you tell us about Ruby pursuing surfing with Romeo?
    "It's just an escape and something positive to spend her time and energy on. Ruby knows Indi may not like it, but she knows it's all completely innocent and thinks Indi needs to trust and support her husband. I think Ruby and Romeo get each other and care about each other. They have fun!"

What else is in store for Ruby this year?
    "She's got a lot of healing to do and that's a very interesting, heart-wrenching journey, so it'll be fantastic entertainment!"

If not Casey, who else from the Bay do you think Ruby would be interested in?
    So basically that`s any man with a pulse in Summer Bay and Yabbie Creek

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (16-03-2012)

Home and Away character Ruby Buckton will get into trouble with the law after being caught with drugs.

The troubled brunette is still mourning the death of her mum Charlie when she is set up this summer.

Ruby, played by Rebecca Breeds, ends up in court charged with drug possession.

"Ruby is not having the best time of it at the moment and things are only going to get worse for her," an insider told the Daily Star Sunday.

"She ends up in court after a big bag of marijuana is found in her bag. She's no idea how it got there but viewers will know exactly who it was who planted the stash on her.

"It's going to take some doing for Ruby to get out of this one. She's in absolute pieces as no one believes her."

The storyline will air on Channel 5 in the UK this summer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-04-2012)

Rebecca Breeds has departed her Home and Away role as Ruby Buckton, it has been confirmed.

Breeds, who joined the soap in 2008, filmed her final Summer Bay scenes several weeks ago, according to TV Week.

However, Breeds was coy on her departure, saying: "It's a contract thing, so I can't discuss that."

The actress ruled out a tragic end for her alter ego and revealed that the door will be left open for a return to the Australian serial.

She added: "Ruby is still very much alive. I'm not free of Ruby yet."

The 24-year-old's character Ruby is currently embroiled in a love-triangle plot with boyfriend Romeo and his ex-wife Indi.

Either Ruby or Indi will soon find out they are pregnant in an upcoming storyline.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-06-2012), tammyy2j (12-06-2012)

Yay she leaves so long

Thread Information