Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dr May to kill one of the Millers??

Done wrong!?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Done wrong!?
    Of course she's done wrong - handcuffing Dawn to the bed etc but I think that was because she was desperate. Also she was rightly punished for that by being in prison and she did get some help only it wasn't enough. It's not her fault the psychiatric hospital let her out too early before she was fully better. I stiill can't forget the old times though when she hung out with Jane and Tanya and Dot said she had nice manners etc. Most people have some good in them though. If I had been Dawn I would either have aborted the baby when Rob gave the money for it or if I agreed to surrogate, gone through with it because I was sorry for May. Either way, things wouldn't have escalated that far and I wouldn't have behaved like a selfish idiot.

I don't think Dawn was selfish, she just changed her mind.

I blame Rob as much as May in that whole kidnapping fiasco because he didn't call the police or get her help when he knew she was getting ill.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    I don't think Dawn was selfish, she just changed her mind.

I blame Rob as much as May in that whole kidnapping fiasco because he didn't call the police or get her help when he knew she was getting ill.
    It would be very hard to call the police on a friend, family member or someone you love but he could at least have got her help. Still we all know he's an idiot. I still think Dawn is very selfish though - look at the way she spent all Jase's money on that dress (I know she changed her mind and gave the dress back but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Done wrong!?
    Of course she's done wrong - handcuffing Dawn to the bed etc but I think that was because she was desperate. Also she was rightly punished for that by being in prison and she did get some help only it wasn't enough. It's not her fault the psychiatric hospital let her out too early before she was fully better. I stiill can't forget the old times though when she hung out with Jane and Tanya and Dot said she had nice manners etc. Most people have some good in them though. If I had been Dawn I would either have aborted the baby when Rob gave the money for it or if I agreed to surrogate, gone through with it because I was sorry for May. Either way, things wouldn't have escalated that far and I wouldn't have behaved like a selfish idiot.
    I find it very strange that you can forgive really evil characters like Steven and May and yet have it in for someone who is merely, in your words, selfish. Have you no feeling for what Dawn must have been going through herself? To call her selfish for wanting to keep her own baby while at the same time feeling sorry for someone who wanted to perform a forced Caesarean and steal the baby shows a very perverted form of compassion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-06-2008)

"Perverted" is a very strong word to use. There are lots of people like me on the Steven Beale Appreciation Thread and the May Wright Appreciation Thread who cannot condone the actions of their favourites yet have sympathy for them because they are ill. None of them are "perverted". Is Jane "perverted" to offer May a cup of coffee for old friendshuip's sake? Besides I do not hate Dawn. I just think at times she can be very selfish and she does my head in. I accept that you can't like May or Steven - I don't have a problem with that but May's sister, Verity would not hate her and Lucy doesn't hate her brother does she? Are Lucy or Verity "perverted"? No.

Lizzie, I think a lot of us can't comprehend your attitude to some of the EE characters. You did not have a problem with Stella bullying Ben, Sean going on the rampage and wanting to kill Gus and Steven especially couldn't do wrong in you eyes, all excused by you because of mental illness although of course you never condoned any of their actions. May had planned unthinkable horrors, to handcuff a heavily pregnant woman to a bed and wanting to perform a cesarian on her to get the baby is sheer torture. But in your opinion it is the prison's or doctor's fault for letting her go early. Did she go early or did she manage to do a runner by the way? It is just that most of us on here don't excuse the character's behaviour because they are not on medication, imo.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (14-06-2008), Pinkbanana (16-06-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Lizzie, I think a lot of us can't comprehend your attitude to some of the EE characters. You did not have a problem with Stella bullying Ben, Sean going on the rampage and wanting to kill Gus and Steven especially couldn't do wrong in you eyes, all excused by you because of mental illness although of course you never condoned any of their actions. May had planned unthinkable horrors, to handcuff a heavily pregnant woman to a bed and wanting to perform a cesarian on her to get the baby is sheer torture. But in your opinion it is the prison's or doctor's fault for letting her go early. Did she go early or did she manage to do a runner by the way? It is just that most of us on here don't excuse the character's behaviour because they are not on medication, imo.
    For your information I did have a problem with Stella bullying Ben. She should really have been arrested and she would have vbeen if she had not committed suicide. Burning a child's hand with a hot spoon etc is sick - that can't be denied. Actually I thought she was a bit weird when she hid from Ben in the dungeon underground. I said as much to mum. The only charecters I have really hated are Trevor, Owen and Graham (I'm adding Stella too though I'm trying very hard not to be swayed by her childlike manner) - they are impossible to get attached to because they hurt women. I am not excusing all this just because they are mentally ill though that is a part of it. All are mentally ill. It just depends on the situation. In May's case I can never foprget that she hung out with Jane and Tanya and Naoimi was her friend (until she framed her which was I agree wrong). In Sean's case I was only sorry for him wehen he confessed to manslaughtering his father and when he stands by Stacey.

Sean fully deserved that slap fromStacey but she stopped Gus calling the police because he was her brother and she loved him - is she "perverted"? The times when Sean has bullied [people I've disliked him obviously. If May broke out of prison they would rearrest her and send her back though in EastEnders who knows The police and psychiatrists are utterly useless. I said that the prison and psychiatry unit are responsible to some extent for letting her go free too early but this does not make her actions any less wrong. I still love the old clips of her as a GP and I'm sorry, usually I can't just switch off just because the person or charecter has done wrong.

Well, if any of my friends ever framed me for something I had not done, I would think that they have never been friends of mine to start with but that they have used me. Can't help thinking that May might have used Jane, Tanya and Naomi to somehow get hold of a child. I was thinking this at the time, btw, not just now.

If a friend of mine framed me I would still not forget the good times we had together. I would also try to forgive. I remember at one time I was bullied but after everything was sorted out I found out that the guy who bullied me had had a crush on me and I was flattered because no-one had ever thought of me that way before. I was then instantly sorryfor him and though I would have been forgiving eventually, that speeded up my forgiveness and I instantly forgave him - not because I reciprocated which I didn't but because I had sympathy - and actuallydad understood about that. Mum was surprised that I forgave so quickly but accepted it and though I never spoke to him again because of the awkwardness I still bear no ill will and it has been any years since then.

I respect your opinion but I do not believe May used Jane, Naiomi or Tanya - she isn't a psychopath. It would be boring to have plain evil people. People are complex. I'd have sympathy. Even Amanda Drew was sorry for May. Sonia forgave Martin for running Jamie over. As I remember it she said "Forgiving you for killing Jamie was the hardest thing I ever had to do but what was the alternative? Hate you for the rest of my life? What would that do except mess me up?"

Also Amanda's response to the question "Does May really love Rob or is she using him as a means to an end?" was "Well I think it is a very complex mix. It's desire, love, anger and also the need to punish him because of his betrayal of her. So I think, for me, she gets revenge - while satisfying her overwhelming desire for a child - by taking his child. So there's definitely the fact of 'yes, she loved him' but she's so overwhelmed by the humiliation caused by his behaviour that there's an element of wanting to punish him and use him to get the real love of her life - a child."

May must have been genuinely devastated when Rob left her for real because she was married to him 10 years and she did love him. I don't believe the kidnapping would have happened if Dawn had kept to the surrogacy agreement and May initially had no problem with Dawn having an abortion. It was only when she found Dawn was still pregnant that she begged her to surrogate, out of desperation. If Dawn had not wasted the money Rob gave her on shoes this wouldn't have happened.
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 14-06-2008 at 19:55.

Thread Information