Thread: EE: Lucy storyline rewrite...

EE: Lucy storyline rewrite...

In this script there is a new charecter called Hazel Stubbs. She lives out of the square with her stepsister, Danielle but she is frequently in the square and knows all the people there. She is also smart and perceptive and capale of being cunning if she has to be.

Ian: Oh I don't believe it. Where's Steven?
    Bianca: I don't know
    Pat: Don't worry Ian. I'll find him (bumps into Hazel) Oh sorry Hazel.
    Hazel: Where are you going?
    Pat: To find Steven.
    Hazel: Oh don't worry. I can do that.
    Pat: Are you sure?
    Hazel: Yes. I've been around people with difficulties a lot anyway so it might be easier if I went.
    Pat: Thanks. You're a lifesaver.
    Ian: Here are my house keys just in case he's at home.
    Hazel: Thanks.

Hazel comes in and sees Steven's open bag. She takes Lucy's passport and looks at it. Her eyes narrow and she puts it back. She then notices a cup of cofffeee onthe table. Smartly she knocks it and upsets it over her own hand and into Steven's bag too, completely soaking the passport.

Hazel: Oh damn.
    Steven (calls) : Who's there? What is it?
    Hazel: It's me Hazel. Ian sent me to find you but I've only gone and upset that cup of coffee.

Steven hurries down carrying the clothes. Hazel is nursing her burnt hand.

Hazel: I'm such an idiot. I'm really sorry. A lot of it slopped into your bag and I burnt my hand too.
    Steven: You what?
    Hazel: Anything wong Steven?
    Steven (recovering himself): Oh, no, there isn't.
    Hazel: I can't blame you for being angry. Anyway, you don't mind putting those clothes down a second and helping me do you?

Steven goes over to her and frowns at the ruined passport.

Hazel: You haven't got a first aid kit anywhere have you?
    Steven: It's upstairs. I'll go and get it. (examining the passport) Oh drat.
    Hazel: I'm sorry about your passport. You can get another one can't you?
    Steven: What? Oh yes. Anyway, you'd better go into the kitchen.
    Haze: I can't do this alone I'm afraid. You'll have to help, unless you have something else to..
    Steven: No, I'm fine.

Steven goes for the first aid kit. Hazel slyly takes his phone from his bag and sends a text to Lucy "Steven was lying. Ian does care about you. I'll call you. Please come home. Hazel." She replaces it before Steven enters.

Hazel: I'm such an idiot. Anyway, Ian needs you over at the cafe.
    Steven: I'll be right there as soon as I've seen to this. He starts to sort her hand out.
    Hazel: Thanks Steven.
    Steven: Don't mention it.
    Hazel: By the way can I borrow your phone? I promised to ring Sue about something important and mine is completely out of battery.
    Steven: Sure... (gives it to her)

Hazel dials Lucy's number.

Hazel: Hi Sue. Yes. It's true. She's lying. No you musn't do that. I know it's come as a shock. Where? Oh right. No, don't. If her husband throws her out she doesn't have anywhere else to go. He wouldn't give her another chance. Can't you think of another explanation? Yes, yes that's a good idea. Promise? Thanks. I know she's in the wrong but she's still your best mate and my cousin. Yes. Please, just do it for me yeah? Thanks so much. I'll talk to you soon, I'm borrowing Steven's phone at the moment. Oh that's a friend of mine. Yes, please. You will? Thanks. Bye.

Steven: What was that about?
    Hazel: Oh it's just that my cousin's gone and cheatedfon her husband again. He's kind of the jealous type you know. He forgave her the first time with great difficulty. Sue found out and she was going to say but I persuaded her not to. It's over anyway..the affair I mean. I can't put her up again because she's hard to get on with and it wouldn't be fair on either my sister or my girlfriend.
    Steven: Yeah.
    Hazel: Here's your phone.
    Steven: Thanks.
    Hazel: You will be able to get another passport won't you?
    Steven: Yes. I think so.
    Hazel: Well thanks for everything. I must go. Shall I throw this away (indicating passport)
    Steven: Yeah, it's useless now.

Hazel pretends to but pockets it instead. She walks to the allotments and throws it in the fire.

Scene changes.

Beales at dinner. The doorbell rings and Ian answers.

Ian: Oh Lucy. (hugs her)

Steven looks astonished. Hazel passing in the distance, smiles to herself and heads out of the square.

End.
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 29-05-2008 at 20:28.

Oooo. Me likes

Is there any more to come?

.ox
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollie-x For This Useful Post:

Lizzie Brookes (30-05-2008)

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. No - it was that one script but if you like on page 2 or 3 there is another script of mine "Steven Redeems Himself" so you might like that one.

Thread Information