Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acrylic Nails

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I got these before and made a mistake of eating chips with garlic sauce...the sauce got under the nails and stank.. I had to rip them all off.. but they lasted a good while (about 10 days) before I removed them.. I would get them done again but only for a special occasion
    Oh dear and ouch!

Ooooo, ouch, you should never rip them off, always et them removed properly and then your own nails will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    Ooooo, ouch, you should never rip them off, always et them removed properly and then your own nails will be fine.
    Mine were removed properly by the nail technician and my real nails still were not fine, because you have to put your fingers in this lotion to soak the falsies for them to come off, it damaged my nails, made them very thin and brittle and it took me about 18 months before they were the way they used to be. No more false nails for me, that is for sure. I do say though that my nails have never been very strong so others need to bear the state of their nails in mind to decide whether to have artificial nails or not.

My nails go really soft and break off if I wash up (great excuse ) so there's no wonder that my nails were so brittle when I had the acrylics taken off. All that filing down and buffering on the nail wasn't good.

Like Perdita said though, everybody's nails will be different.
    Thanks CrazyLea

ive never had them as i play football and sail and play instuments and they dont tend to work well on a keyboard whistle of Cornet! My mate had some though yesterday and had a slight problem. She couldnt hold a pen!

Even if I go for a French Manicure at the nail salon (which I have done twice) I can see my nails are so baddd! This is own my own nails as well! So since then I stopped and my whole nail has sort of 're-grown' again so therefore it's nice and healthy.. occasionally chipping but that's normal..
    I actually bought some jelly cubes (to eat one a day-raw (but I ended up eating 3 because it's soooo good)) as I have heard it helps with strong long healthy nails Will let you know how it goes!
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 28-05-2008 at 20:22.

I paint my nails like a French Manicure myself

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I do too sometimes but I haven't got the good quality nail polishes to do so, only ones that my mates gave me for Christmas, those cheap fast drying gooey ones Ahh well thought that counts and all that!

I do however paint my nails alot (it's all a bit chipped off now - half term, acceptable!).. I like the Barry M nail polishes, not that pricey, dosen't go all gloopy so easily and they have a range of colours!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    OOh, clever girl, how do you do that then? Is a French Manicure where you have real white nail tips?

Get a french manicure kit, Avon do one. There's a pinky coloured varnish that you put on first then you paint on the white tips. The Avon one includes guides to get the tips straight.

Alternatively you can get a set of french manicure falsies from Boots.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information