Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exam had answers on back

Why would exams boards want mock exam results? Mocks are done in December/January before courses have finished so candidates would obviously get lower marks in mocks as they haven't covered the whole syllabus. They would have very little reflection on the actual GCSE grades candidates get.
    Thanks CrazyLea

It's a forecast. Most candidates move up a grade between their mocks and real exams, so in the event that scripts from real exams are lost in the post or whatever, the exam board awards the candidate concerned a grade higher than what they got in their mock. They need them for that because they can't just give a candidate no grade, or make one up.

I know for my Drama GCSE, the mock grades were sent off to the exam board, just in case one of the candidates had a serious accident and couldn't take the actual GCSE exam, they would use their mock grade to make up their final GCSE grade if they couldn't take the actual GCSE exam.

All of my mock grades were sent off; maybe it's up to the school whether they submit them or not then, or some schools just don't tell the students that they are sending them off.

I didn't do my mocks so I wasn't told about sending marks away. None of my friends mentioned them though so maybe they didn't know either.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I never knew they got sent off!

Me neither! Our mocks were terrible though, we did them in classrooms and in one of my food tech one the supply teacher let people talk and left the room a few times! So if they were sent off they weren't going to be very accurate mocks

Our science ones definitely weren't. We did one whole GCSE in year 10 and one was for this year, so we did our mock on about 3 months work. The questions were a completely different styles and most failed. Our teacher said he's praying our real papers don't go missing after the mock grades that got sent off.

But everyone knows that people do very bad in the mocks, I hate to think they look at those grades

it makes me wonder how exam boards can make mistakes. With my exams at the minute nearly every paper i have had have had a mistake on it and they have had to stop the exam to let us know. Since reading this story seems to make me aware of it. What ever happened to proof reading.

Thread Information