Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exam had answers on back

It's pretty hard to not copy once you've seen them! I'd probably put my hand up and get some over and then go "erm..look.."

I agree it would be pretty hard not to copy, plus I think I would tell someone

Yeah I would be a bit confused and probably not realise what was going on then tell the invidulators!

To be honest, I probably would copy the answers on the back and not say anything. It would be the exam board's fault for printing the answers on the paper in the first place! How on earth did they not notice?!

They probably went oh look answers lets just pretend we didn't see them

According to the news they don't have to re-sit them. So I guess they are accepting them

This is an awful situtation, they cant re-sit as its not fair on them and not there fault
    But if they accept them, what if some cheated?

There's no way to tell who looked and copied, who looked and did their own work and who didn't have a clue the answers were there. To assume everybody copied the answers would be silly. To assume people looked and didn't copy would also be silly. Ergo you can't make everyone resit the exam.

Anyway, the exam board wouldn't make people resit. New questions would have to be set, new tapes would have to be recorded then there's the papers to print and the delay in marking which would delay the exam results being published which could affect places for further education in September.
    Thanks CrazyLea

They could probably tell if someone got much higher than their mock grades (they have to send them off incase papers go missing when they are being sent off for marking in final exams,) but then again it could be down to them not having revised for their mock and doing loads for the real thing.

My friend did a music exam last week; I'll have to ask her if she is with OCR or saw any answers on the back of her paper.

I don't think schools have to send mocks papers off. I thought they were just for the school to see what areas need to be covered more thoroughly. I can't imagine exam boards wanting thousands of mock papers that aren't going to be marked by their moderators.
    Thanks CrazyLea

They don't send the papers, just the results.

Thread Information