Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exam had answers on back

Exam had answers on back

Don't they do a random quality control test as they take them out of the printer? I'm taking OCR for Biology...hmmm...

Thousands of teenagers are facing uncertainty over their exams after their GCSE music papers were found to have the answers on the back.
    The paper - taken across England - apparently featured a list of composers, which related to the answers to questions written on the other side.
    Examination board Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Examinations (OCR) has said pupils will not be asked to resit the paper.

The problem came to light at schools in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
    Some pupils apparently noticed the errors while others did not.
    In a statement OCR said: "OCR regrets that a printing error may have affected a small number of marks on the GCSE Music question paper.
    "We are putting procedures in place to identify the effect, if any, this had on candidates and to make allowances accordingly to ensure that no candidate is disadvantaged."

The exam board said it believed "thousands of pupils" could be affected.
    Last year OCR's music GCSE was taken by 12,637 candidates - roughly a fifth of the total number of students taking music GCSE (61,249).

General secretary of the NASUWT teaching union Chris Keates said it was an incident which showed once again that exam boards were "accident prone".
    "This puts a shadow over pupils' exams and adds to the anxiety. No system is perfect and we would not expect it to be but the exam boards seem to have a dubious track record."

I wonder what they are going to do. I mean maybe some students didnt see it but some did

I can't believe some didn't notice. But it's quite bad, I mean, if they can't re-sit they've lost a GCSE!

So they wont allow the grade to go through. Thats a bit unfair cos some might not have looked, but then again some others would have

LMAO! Have you seen the BBC homepage? It made me LOL!
    I think it's sooo unfair that they don't get a grade, they should be able to resit it then!

and they talk about students being dim and exams being to easy, with people writng the papers not noticing the answers we got no hope.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (22-05-2008)

Just saw the homepage.
    This is soo stupid, arent they suppose to take time anc care over exam papers?

you would have though considering the papers where written well in advance like 2 years ago. Its hard hard to notice!

They write them 2 years ago!

How did the invigilators not notice? Our papers are placed front down on the desk whilst they are being given out.

So, if you found the answers at the back of the paper what would you do? Copy them or try not to look?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information