Thread: Financial help for ex-students

Financial help for ex-students

I would be grateful if any of you could advise me on what financial help (if there is any) is available for young people who have just finished uni and are looking for a job. Would a single parent also be entitled to any support for their child until he/she finds a job? I have been asked this question and don't know what is available in the UK. Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I would be grateful if any of you could advise me on what financial help (if there is any) is available for young people who have just finished uni and are looking for a job. Would a single parent also be entitled to any support for their child until he/she finds a job? I have been asked this question and don't know what is available in the UK. Thanks, guys.
    im not sure, but as far as i know you dont get any finiancial help inbetween finishing uni and finding a job, although you could probably go on the dole til you do find a job. same with single parents, once the child is 16 and left school (or 18 and left school if they stay on), child allowance stops, again i think the only way of getting money is to go on the dole. i might be wrong though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-09-2008)

If someone is unemployed and seeking work they can claim Job Seekers Allowence, which is around £50 a week for a single person £95 for a single parent. If the young person is under the age of 19, still living at home and in full-time education their parents can still qualify for Child Benefit.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-09-2008)

Thread Information