Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Emmerdale' ratings dip to eight-month low

'Emmerdale' ratings dip to eight-month low

Emmerdale recorded its smallest audience in more than eight months last week.

The ITV1 soap, which has suffered a string of lower ratings in recent weeks, drew 5.3 million viewers - a 27.4% share of the audience - for an extended hour-long episode on Thursday night.

The last time Emmerdale recorded a smaller audience was September 2. The average for the show so far this year is 7.2m (35.3%) but several recent episodes have drawn fewer than 6m.

During its first half hour, the soap was still top of the pile, with The One Show on BBC One interesting 4.5m (23.7%). EastEnders took the lead at 7.30pm, though, with 6.9m (34.2%).

Elsewhere in the 7pm hour BBC Two's Magnetic North was watched by 894,000 (4.7%) and The Channel 4 News by 856,000 (4.4%).

Five News attracted 382,000 (2%) from 7pm to 7.15pm, and ensuing cricket coverage interested 778,000 (3.8%).

I am not surprised, tbh, apart from the cot death storyline, there is not much interesting going on at Emmerdale at the mo.

I only catch it now and then, but it never seems like much goes on.
    And why do they have the hour long epsiodes anyway?

I've always liked Emmerdale, but have to admit lately, its not been enjoyable to watch. The Viv/Bob storyline is rubbish, Nicola coming back big mistate, the baby death storyline was great but this baby swap is dragging it out, they could have gone places with Laurel and Ashley losing their child and the effect afterwards without bringing the swap into it.

I have to say I not at all surprised!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thursday night there were two seperate episodes NOT the normal one hour one. It was not advertised it the TV Guides. It was shown presumably because ITV showed the Glasgow Rangers match on Wednesday. Most people including myself were unaware of a second episode so presumably turned over after the end credits
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

definitely need new blood or summat big to happen, seems to have gone off the boil of late. Shame following some great storylines like

Hardly surprising, its been dire for ages now. it has to be said that its a poor excuse for a soap.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I still watch and enjoy Emmerdale, but the hour long episodes that clash with Eastenders annoy me. I think that's the root of the viewing figures problem.

Why did they bring in the hour epsiodes anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Why did they bring in the hour epsiodes anyway?
    Because it's not on Sundays any more. Now there's football too!

Thread Information