Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cindy Cunningham (Stephanie Waring)

Stephanie Waring has spoken about her Hollyoaks character Cindy Cunningham's storylines in the coming months.

The 34-year-old actress revealed that her bitchy alter ego is set for a new romance and job in the near future.

"I think she gets a new love interest soon, definitely a change in career, that's coming up soon," she told PA.

"I'd like to be the one to create drama, that's what Cindy's all about. And I have my new daughter, she's stunning."

Reflecting on the 17 years that have passed since winning the Cindy role, Waring added: "I've been on it on-and-off since I was 18 and I'm nearly 35. This is my longest stint this time around.

"I just have the security and I just love acting every single day. When you're a working actor you've got to wait for the auditions and you have a lot of downtime.

"But when you're in a soap you're working every single day and I just love it so much."

she is suppose to sleep with mercedes doctor husband

Hollyoaks star Stephanie Warring has revealed that she was terrified when she watched the scenes where her character Cindy Cunningham is attacked by Doctor Browning.

Viewers will see Browning (Joseph Thompson) turn against Cindy next week after they have a one-night stand.

After Cindy refuses to accept a financial bribe from Browning in return for her not confessing to his wife Mercedes, he turns to extreme measures in order to silence her.

Warring said to All About Soap: "He traps Cindy in a storeroom cupboard, then comes at her from behind, puts his hands round her throat, and he's strangling the life out of her.

"I've actually watched the scene and it's terrifying. It was really quite difficult to sit through. Cindy is losing her life and it could be all over for her."

Speaking about the repercussions of her character's surprise one-night stand with Browning, Warring said: "She was just looking for someone: she's lonely and he's her type.

"She turns down the cash and it spurs her on a little more. He threatens her a couple of times, but she thinks she's got one up on him by warning him she will tell Mercedes.

"She goads him, pushing and pushing and pushing - and that is when he snaps and attacks her."

Hollyoaks star Stephanie Warring has revealed that she was terrified when she watched the scenes where her character Cindy Cunningham is attacked by Doctor Browning.

Viewers will see Browning (Joseph Thompson) turn against Cindy next week after they have a one-night stand.

After Cindy refuses to accept a financial bribe from Browning in return for her not confessing to his wife Mercedes, he turns to extreme measures in order to silence her.

Warring said to All About Soap: "He traps Cindy in a storeroom cupboard, then comes at her from behind, puts his hands round her throat, and he's strangling the life out of her.

"I've actually watched the scene and it's terrifying. It was really quite difficult to sit through. Cindy is losing her life and it could be all over for her."

Speaking about the repercussions of her character's surprise one-night stand with Browning, Warring said: "She was just looking for someone: she's lonely and he's her type.

"She turns down the cash and it spurs her on a little more. He threatens her a couple of times, but she thinks she's got one up on him by warning him she will tell Mercedes.

"She goads him, pushing and pushing and pushing - and that is when he snaps and attacks her."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-08-2013)

I hope she don't die but I don't think she does as Dirk finds her

Hollyoaks' Cindy Cunningham will be thrown into turmoil when she discovers that she is pregnant.

Viewers know that Cindy (Stephanie Waring) had a one-night stand with Doctor Browning last week.

However, things turned nasty after she threatened to confess to his wife Mercedes, leading him to strangle her and leave her for dead.

Over the coming weeks, Cindy will live in fear that Browning will attempt to kill her again and will be left horrified when she discovers that she is having his baby, the Daily Star reports.

She will then struggle to cope with the news after deciding not to tell her daughter Holly, and will eventually make her way to an abortion clinic

However, whether she will go through with the abortion remains to be seen and insiders have warned that there will be plenty more twists to come in this storyline.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (27-08-2013)

Hollyoaks star Stephanie Waring has said that she was surprised when she found out her on-screen daughter Wallis Day was quitting the show.

It was announced earlier this month that Day had decided to leave the show after a year of playing Holly Cunningham and the role has being recast.

Waring, who plays Cindy Cunningham, said to Inside Soap: "It was Wallis's choice to go and my reaction was, 'Are you kidding me? Give it a chance!' But in the end I just had to let her go, and I wish her all the luck in the world.

"And now we have Amanda [Clapham], who I adore already. I hope people give her a chance and don't just see her as a replacement. Amanda is Holly now."

Waring also revealed that she is excited to be involved in her latest storyline, which has involved Cindy, Mercedes and Lindsey covering up the murder of Doctor Browning.

She said: "It's a fantastic storyline. Bryan Kirkwood told me a while ago there'd be something that would connect Cindy, Lindsey and Mercedes.

"Mercedes is one of our high-profile characters, so I knew it would be really good! And then when we found out we'd be killing Doctor Browning, I was thrilled. We couldn't wait to get started.

"They're in shock and terrified of being found out. They each have their own ways of coping and take turns at being the strong one. It's nice for Cindy to have some friends, as she's never really had any before!"

Speaking about the future birth scene now that Cindy has decided to keep Browning's baby, Waring added: "Even though I've done it twice in real life, I'm scared I'm not going to pull it off. There's a lot of pressure for me to be good at it!"

Cindy tells Dirk she’s pregnant and that he’s the father. Cindy feels guilty and decides to tell Dirk the truth, but Mercedes warns her that she can’t.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 15-11-2013 at 00:59.

Hollyoaks' Cindy Cunningham takes centre stage with a big storyline next week as she goes into labour just 24 weeks into her pregnancy.

The feisty shop worker is rushed to hospital and gives birth to a tiny little boy, but his future hangs in the balance when doctors reveal that he urgently needs a bone marrow transplant.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Stephanie Waring, who plays Cindy, to hear about the emotional story for her character.

There's a dramatic few weeks coming up for Cindy. How do you feel about the new stories?
    "I'm really excited as I absolutely love playing this side of Cindy. I'm loving being involved in the storylines that are currently being shown and also the ones that we've got coming up. It's been my favourite time for Cindy."

A lot of Cindy's storylines are still revolving around her involvement in Browning's death. Were you surprised when you first found out about that story?
    "I wasn't surprised, I was just really grateful because they've given Cindy something she's not had before and that's the female friendships which have been developed from this storyline. It's genius and whenever I've got scenes with Jen Metcalfe and Sophie Austin, I know that something great is going to come out of them.

"The story has gone from strength to strength since it started and I've had a ball so far. It's continuing even with what we're filming now, so I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes."

This week we see the deception start to take its toll. Does Cindy have any regrets about not being honest from the start?
    "No, I don't think she has any regrets at all, because like she's always said, she can't go to prison as she can't bring a baby up behind bars. She's also got Holly and other responsibilities. Cindy wants this secret to be buried and as far as she is aware, it already has been because the police have already come to a conclusion over Browning's death."

Tell us why things start going so wrong for Cindy.
    "Cindy hasn't been herself. She's very stressed, very anxious and it's affecting her sleep as well. She keeps finding that the freezer at Price Slice, where they kept Browning's body, has been unlocked and opened. Food is also being removed out of the freezer and Cindy can't understand why. She blames Holly because she's the obvious person to blame and nobody else has access to the freezer.

"Holly is adamant that it's not her, but Cindy thinks it must be - otherwise somebody knows about Browning's death and they're messing with her because of it. Cindy tells the other girls that something isn't right, but they think she's just a bit emotionally unstable because of the pregnancy. They're not too worried, but Cindy starts to believe that somebody out there is out to get them.

"This stress just builds up more and more, until Cindy faints at Price Slice."

Was the fainting scene tricky to film?
    "No, because I've done it before! I've been in the show for a long time so I'm a pro at this fainting stuff! (Laughs.) When you're playing someone who's anxious, you naturally feel that way yourself. That's great because it comes across really well on screen. I tried to get in that mindset myself and I really trusted David [Kennedy, who plays Dirk] to catch me, so I just really let myself go in the scene."

Lindsey and Mercedes begin to fear that Holly knows more than she's letting on. Why is that?
    "They think Holly must know something because of the way Cindy is. It's not because Holly has found something out - it's just an inkling they have. Mercedes sees how erratic Cindy is being and thinks that she must have let something slip to Holly. It's an assumption, so Mercedes tries to talk to Holly and find out whether she knows something, but Holly is just oblivious to the whole thing."

We'll see Dirk continue to support Cindy. What do you make of their relationship?
    "Obviously Dirk isn't the type of guy that Cindy would normally go for, but now that we've been playing the relationship and this story together, it works. They've been through a lot together and Cindy has really leaned on Dirk. She's actually fallen in love with him. Dirk might not be the one Cindy thought she'd fall in love with, but he is.

"You can't help who you fall for and Cindy might have moments where her superficial side comes out and she wonders whether he really is the one for her, but in her heart she likes the way it feels to be loved by him."

How did you feel about taking on the premature birth storyline?
    "It's a heartbreaking storyline. That's the only way I can sum it up. I've been pregnant myself twice but I can only imagine what it must be like to go into premature labour. It was a huge responsibility to get the emotion right with this story, so it's been tough but also very rewarding."

Does Cindy have a lot of support around her?
    "Yes, she's got help and people to lean on, especially Lindsey, Holly and Dirk. They're trying to help and reassure her as much as they can, but her little baby's life is hanging in the balance, so that's all Cindy can think about."

How does Cindy feel about Mercedes tracking down Browning's son Alex to help with the bone marrow transplant?
    "It's not even a question. Nobody else is a match so the baby will die unless they can find somebody else. If it's going to be one of Browning's children, then that's just the way it's got to be. Cindy is just hoping and praying that Browning's family will say yes and somebody will be a match.

"For Cindy, it's actually like an angel has just fallen out of the sky to save the day, but whether Alex goes ahead with the transplant remains to be seen."

What has Ojan Genc, who plays Alex, been like to work with?
    "He's great. He's like Joe Thompson [who played Browning] in a way - the casting is really, really good! I've only done a few scenes with him but he's a great addition and it's good what he's doing with the character. I hope he sticks around for a while."

Since our last interview, you have a new on-screen daughter! Have you enjoyed working with Amanda Clapham who's now playing Holly?
    "I love Amanda - I think she's fantastic. She's playing a very different Holly and we're seeing the character's vulnerable side a lot more. Amanda's had a lot of scenes with Alfie [Browne-Sykes, who plays Jason], so our scenes have been very few and far between, but with this storyline we're doing a lot more together. I think very highly of Amanda because she's a lovely girl and she's really settled in well with the cast."

Thread Information