Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cindy Cunningham (Stephanie Waring)

A happy homecoming leads to horror on Hollyoaks next month as Cindy Cunningham finally returns to the village.

Cindy (Stephanie Waring) heads home for a brief day visit after showing improvement in the psychiatric unit, but her teenage daughter Holly soon realises that all is still not well.

When Holly (Amanda Clapham) finds her mum's lunch hidden away in the cupboard at home, it becomes clear that Cindy still harbours irrational fears that her family are trying to poison her.

Once Holly confronts her and considers telling the hospital about the latest setback, Cindy panics and takes the first available opportunity to run away.

Cindy's escape attempt leads her to some woods and just when Holly manages to track her mum down again, the situation becomes much worse as Cindy falls into a lake.

Holly jumps straight into the water in a dramatic rescue attempt, but Cindy is still terrified of her own daughter and frantically tries to swim away.

When Dirk and Jason arrive on the scene, Dirk manages to rescue Cindy while Jason pulls Holly's lifeless body from the water - desperately hoping that he isn't too late to save his girlfriend.

cindy gets attacked next week and is left for dead, darren thinks it is his fault and that trevor did it

she is to get close again to darren he ex and jason her daughter holly's boyfriend

Stephanie Waring has cleared up Cindy Cunningham's complicated love life, insisting that her character is still committed to Dirk Savage.

Cindy and Dirk tie the knot next week, but their wedding comes after she has betrayed him with two different men.

Viewers have recently seen Cindy share a kiss with her old flame Darren Osborne, while the episodes leading up to the ceremony will also see her kiss her daughter's boyfriend Jason Roscoe.

Teasing the drama to come, Waring told Inside Soap: "Cindy's not been taking her medication, so her bipolar symptoms have been getting more pronounced as the days go on. One of the symptoms is that she's hyper-sexualised so she's looking at every guy in the village and she's ready to pounce. She thinks that everyone fancies her right now."

She continued: "Jason is the one who cottons on to the fact that Cindy hasn't been taking her medication. They have a connection. He's been through a lot recently with his body dysmorphia, so she finds him easy to talk to. He's got a real crush on her and I think Cindy wants something to happen between them, too. It doesn't even enter her head that she's doing anything wrong.

"Cindy definitely means her vows. She wants to marry Dirk, but her bipolar is making her want to sleep with every other man in the village. Cindy and Dirk are a great couple, but is there ever a happy-ever-after in Hollyoaks?"

Waring also let slip that Cindy and Dirk's ceremony definitely won't be going down in the history books as one of Hollyoaks' most lavish weddings.

She said: "It's probably the most low-key affair in soap history! Cindy turns up in a tracksuit, and a purple one at that! They get married with Haribo rings and it's quite romantic. I was pleased with the way it was done, because it meant no guests, no big wedding dress and it didn't take days to film. It was so unlike Cindy!"

Cindy Savage tries her hand at a new talent on Hollyoaks this week as she decides to write a racy novel.

The feisty character ropes in her daughter's teenage boyfriend Jason Roscoe (Alfie Browne-Sykes) to help her with the new project, but quickly creates an awkward atmosphere when she uses the opportunity to make advances towards him again.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Stephanie Waring, who plays Cindy, to hear about her latest plot and what's to come.

Why has Cindy decided that she wants to write a novel?
    "It stems from her rivalry with Simone. Simone has written a romantic novel that got published and apparently did very well, so this gets Cindy's back right up!

"Cindy decides to read it after Simone sent it to her in the post and she starts enjoying it. She does actually think it's quite good, but she also thinks, 'If she can do it, so can I! Anyone can write a book!'"

Cindy decides on a racy subject matter, doesn't she?
    "Yes, and I think that's because of the way Cindy feels at the moment because of her bipolar. I do want to stress this, because I don't want people to think that it's a sex addiction storyline. When you have bipolar, some people can experience feelings of heightened sexuality. It's actually something that's quite sad in itself because of the consequences for Dirk.

"But because she is feeling this way at the moment and she's off her medication, Cindy decides that she's going to be the next E.L. James and try to do her version of Fifty Shades of Grey, which is called Mindy Does Magaluf!"

Why does Cindy get Jason involved?
    "Cindy decides to make out to Jason that she's using him because he's very talented and she wants him to help her, but I think really she's just using it as a way to get close to him and to be overly sexual in front of him.

"Cindy has basically got a really big crush on Jason. I don't think she really understands what she's doing, though - she's just going with how she feels right now."

How does Jason react to Cindy's latest advances?
    "Obviously Jason is a teenage boy and he's got this older woman who's being overtly sexual around him, so there are a lot of things going through his head. It's his girlfriend's mum and it's highly inappropriate, but obviously he's a guy and he's going to have those feelings too.

"Jason does want to go there, but I think he knows deep down that Cindy is not well. I think he's really awkward about the situation, but he probably does want it to happen deep down."

Does Holly notice something strange is going on?
    "No - even though it's going on right under her nose! I think Holly just wouldn't expect it. She wouldn't expect her mum who's just got married to potentially be having an affair with her boyfriend. She hasn't got a clue."

Even though it's serious on one hand, have you also enjoyed showing a fun side to Cindy again?
    "I have. The fun side does come out because of the way Cindy's personality is anyway. I always describe her as a bit of a fun bitch, so now this is Cindy dialled up to a hundred! There will be some comedy to come out of it just because of how she is as a person.

"Without making fun of the situation, it does come out in quite an amusing way. It's so much fun to play because I've always enjoyed playing 'old Cindy', so to get that but dialled up a notch has been extremely fun. I'm really, really enjoying it at the minute and I can't wait to see where it goes."

Do you think there will be an affair between Cindy and Jason, or won't it go that far?
    "I'm hoping it won't go that far, because I think that Jason is a really good boy - he's the good twin and Robbie is the bad one. I think they'll want to keep him as the good guy. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but personally I don't want them to spoil Jason's character by doing the dirty on someone he loves with her mum.

"I think this should all stem from what's happening in Cindy's imagination and not from Jason. That's what it is - a made-up affair in her head because of her bipolar."

Is it fun to film the sexy scenes with Alfie or can it be awkward?
    "Sometimes you get put with someone who you don't know very well or don't hang out with a lot outside of work, and it can tend to be a little bit awkward - but I'm really good friends with Alfie and we're very comfortable with each other.

"When we first had to kiss, after about ten takes it was just like 'Alright, okay, come here' - it was fine! (Laughs.) It's not awkward - I don't know how Alfie feels about it, but for me it's fine!"

The fans do like the Cindy and Dirk pairing, so are you hopeful they can stay together in the long-run?
    "I'm a bit torn because I do like them together as a couple too, but I just think how much more can Dirk take? It does feel like he's being a bit of a wet lettuce with Cindy at the minute. He's seen what she's doing and what she's capable of but he keeps forgiving her.

"I also like a bit of change-up. With it being Hollyoaks, you never like things staying the same pretty much all the time. When you put characters with other characters and you see a chemistry, you think, 'Oh my God, that works' - and you hope then they run with that.

"That's what happened with me and David Kennedy when we were first put together - it was so unexpected but it worked. Because I'm hopefully going to be around for a long time to come, I'd like to explore different relationships in the show and different people. But I do love Cindy and Dirk together too, so we'll have to wait and see - I have no idea what they have planned."

Can you give us any hints on where Cindy's storyline with her secret husband is heading?
    "I do know something but I can't tell you - I've been sworn to secrecy!"

Are you enjoying the feud between Cindy and Simone?
    "I am. There is a twist in that to come, but I am enjoying it because I just love Cindy being a bitch. I'm not like that at all in real life, so it's just nice to say those things that you wouldn't normally say!"

Are there any whispers or speculation on set yet about how Hollyoaks' 20th anniversary will be celebrated?
    "I'm sure that we have a stunt planned somewhere along the way, but I have no idea about it and who's involved. I'm always a 'let's wait and see' kind of person, rather than always asking 'What's going to happen?', because it's going to happen anyway whether you speculate about it or not!

"I'm just hoping it's something amazing because the fact that we've been on air for 20 years is something that's definitely worth celebrating."

If old faces were brought back, who would you like to see?
    "I've always said that I want Davinia Taylor to come back as Cindy's sister Jude. She was one of my favourite characters. I know she was only on screen for about a year or so, but I think she definitely made an impact in the early days.

"I'd also like to see Jambo back and Carol who was played by Natalie Casey. That's my era so if I want anyone to come back I want it to be the old-school lot."

how can she be alfie mother too as well as holly and not remember

Stephanie told Soaplife magazine: "She's terrified. After what happened in Liverpool, she doesn't feel safe at all, anywhere. She's anxious and paranoid.

"Armstrong was the one person Cindy thought would protect her. He was her knight in shining armour, but it all came as a terrible shock when he tried to kiss her and Leela Lomax texted her with a warning.

"It's bringing on a bipolar episode. Cindy starts pulling TVs apart and looking for bugs, cameras and stuff. She thinks there are things hiding in the walls and she can't sleep. It's awful for her."

Thread Information