Thread: Obsession =|.. with YouTube

Obsession =|.. with YouTube

I can't believe I created a thread like this but I am worried, seriously.
    I just go on YouTube and sit there watching beauty/make-up vids! I feel like I have no life! I wouldn't think of this as a problem but like today (worst day yet).. I woke up at 12.30 and got breakfast and since then I pretty much been on YouTube till now! Went down for an occasional break or two but come on.. It's getting ridiculous. I have exams in May/June and I need to get revising!

Help =| I also made my own channel so I sort of just sit there decorating it and yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    I can't believe I created a thread like this but I am worried, seriously.
    I just go on YouTube and sit there watching beauty/make-up vids! I feel like I have no life! I wouldn't think of this as a problem but like today (worst day yet).. I woke up at 12.30 and got breakfast and since then I pretty much been on YouTube till now! Went down for an occasional break or two but come on.. It's getting ridiculous. I have exams in May/June and I need to get revising!

Help =| I also made my own channel so I sort of just sit there decorating it and yeah..
    You have taken the first step already - you have realised that you spend too much time on YouTube, which is good. I suppose you need to be determined and strongwilled to switch YouTube off and concentrate on your studies; I reckon it is a bit like giving up smoking, you will miss it terribly to start with but the more often and longer you manage to stay away, the better you should feel. Just keep on going back to your revisions more and more often, even if it is just for a short while. Concentrating on your home work should take your mind off YouTube for a while. Sorry I can't give any different advice, good luck. I am sure you can do it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (26-04-2008)

OMG!

I'm not the only one!

Have you seen PurseBuzz's stuff? She's fab!
    I'm the same, I spent 2 hours yesterday watching videos on different eyeshadow techniques and stuff. Quite shocking really!!

And I do that with my channels lawl. The pinker the better!

Sorry to double post but I now realise that that's not a very helpful post - reccommending more videos!

Can't you block the site?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    OMG!

I'm not the only one!

Have you seen PurseBuzz's stuff? She's fab!
    I'm the same, I spent 2 hours yesterday watching videos on different eyeshadow techniques and stuff. Quite shocking really!!

And I do that with my channels lawl. The pinker the better!
    Yeah she's great lol! *is ashamed lol*
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Can't you block the site?
    Oh god no!
    I don't think I could do cold turkey..

Well I took up Peridita's advice and I made a 'revision timetable' which sort of consists what TV programmes I watch and will make time for and I included a bit of youtube time in there, about an hour in total in a day. I made sure I get at least 3-4 hours revision and I can sort of 'choose' to do more. I am going to edit it as it gets closer to the time and whatever changes need to be changed! Hopefully this will help me a whole lot more!
    Thank-you for the replies and taking this seriously (as it does sound quite ridiculous!) xx

I was totally obsessed with House about a month ago. I've had to wean myself off because I've got exams coming up too. Its hard, I still have to watch at least two episodes a day.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information