Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Totally unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes View Post
    If the scriptwriters make him ill again, EastEnders is effectively telling the viewers that psychiatric treatment has no effect on anyone. .
    EE are not putting that across to viewers at all.

He did have treatment but not for very long and has never made any attempt to show him taking any medication to fix his problems. I think EE should have explored this bit moe.

Look at how they portray mental illness: -

Jean - totally on a different planet
    Sean - always agressive
    Steven - could do something dangerous at anytime.

Hmm, very sympathetic. Not all people suffering from mental illness are like this. No wonder people are afraid to admit they suffer from depression, or anything less dramatic. As far as EE is concerned mental illness = nutter.

Quote Originally Posted by miccisy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    its totallyunrealistic to make him ill again.
    It's not totally unrealistic at all. In fact it's very realistic. Unless he is continuing with his medication it is very likely that he will lapse. Do we know if he is taking his medication?
    I agree with you. He has never mentioned taking any medication so he could get ill again at anytime. Especially with the storyline at the moment between Steven/Christian/Stacey. He will be mixed up and therefore has gone loopy again
    So if you kiss someone of the same sex or are confused about your sexuality this means you're insane?

Quote Originally Posted by miccisy View Post
    If the scriptwriters make him ill again, EastEnders is effectively telling the viewers that psychiatric treatment has no effect on anyone. .
    EE are not putting that across to viewers at all.

He did have treatment but not for very long and has never made any attempt to show him taking any medication to fix his problems. I think EE should have explored this bit moe.
    I agree EastEnders should have explored the medication issue more.
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 22-04-2008 at 19:16.

So if you kiss someone of the same sex or are confused about your sexuality this means you're insane?
    No, of course not, but for someone who is already mentally ill and is not taking proper treatment it just might be enough to set him off again.

Anyway we don't know how much of this is true. These magazines often exaggerate. It was in millions of soap magazines that Sean or Tanya would walk in on Stacey and Max but it never got found out till Christmas Day. The time Steventried to kioll himself it said dramatically on a magazine something along the lines of "Will psycho Steven Kill Stacey?" but he didn't and he never intended to either. It was a cry for help. There was something about Jane finding he had deleted her face from the photos but that never happened.
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 22-04-2008 at 19:19.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    No, of course not, but for someone who is already mentally ill and is not taking proper treatment it just might be enough to set him off again.
    Mmm maybe...

I never thought about Steven never got fully better but now that I think about it, he never did. Not really

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I never thought about Steven never got fully better but now that I think about it, he never did. Not really
    I agree that he wasn't fully better but the clinic naturally did not know the full story and he can't be blamed for the clinic discharging him before he was fully well. I know he's leaving now as is Sean but I hope both Steven and Sean will be back one day. The charecters are too interesting to lose.

I can see where it would drive Steven to panic and do something. I mean, he's getting on with Ian, he's part of the family now and he's seen Ian has been torn apart with Lucy going missing , running away. Ian has been ill with worry, what would he do if he suddenly found out that Steven has hidden her away all this time. He would go mental, and steven would be out of the family.

I can see where , 1 struggling with his sexuality and totally paranoid that Ian and the rest of the family will at some point find out about him and Christian, Ian would go nuts. 2 And then fling in to the mix that Steven has been hidden Lucy all this time. In that state I could see him try and shut Pat up.
    Last edited by walsh2509; 30-04-2008 at 03:08.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to walsh2509 For This Useful Post:

Lizzie Brookes (30-04-2008)

Thread Information