Thread: Corrie star promises heated pub scenes

Corrie star promises heated pub scenes

Coronation Street star Katherine Kelly has promised fans that they can expect explosive scenes when her character becomes the latest Rovers Return barmaid.

Becky Granger, who currently works at the Roy's Rolls cafe, will become the 50th barmaid to be hired at the pub this summer.

Katherine has vowed that Becky will accept no nonsense from customers and expects the character to be involved in heated confrontations when she takes on the new role.

"I think the bosses quite like the idea of having a barmaid who can kick the living daylights out of the punters!" Katherine told the Daily Star Sunday. "She's certainly going to be a force to be reckoned with.

"I was only told last weekend and it's still sinking in. But it really is such an honour to be the 50th barmaid in the Rovers - especially when you consider all the great characters that have gone before. I am very happy."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-04-2008), Chris_2k11 (20-04-2008), CrazyLea (21-04-2008)

Brilliant news, Becky is becoming a Corrie great
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Love Becky I think she should win like an award at the soap awards

excellent, i love becky's character. her and roy are hilarious together, although not quite as funny as eileen and steve....!!!

Love BEcky she is hilarious when she goes of on one of her little rants. Think her Roy and "Kenny" in the cafe have been hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Love BEcky she is hilarious when she goes of on one of her little rants. Think her Roy and "Kenny" in the cafe have been hilarious.
    the have been a great comedy trio haven't they?! i dont want to split them up really.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Yeah I laugh everytime she says "Kenny"

Roy delighted with Becky partnership

Coronation Street's David Neilson has expressed his delight at working with Weatherfield co-star Katherine Kelly.

Speaking to DS at the British Soap Awards, Neilson - who plays Roy Cropper in the ITV1 soap - describes his screen-counterpart's relationship with Becky Granger as an "arranged marriage".

Shame that it will end when Becky starts working in the pub, just don't know yet why.

Thread Information