Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you axe/keep/bring back and why?

Who would you axe/keep/bring back and why?

I just wondered who you would all axe, keep and bring back and why? For the axing, I would axe:

Keith (I agree with the scriptwriters there. During the Dawn storyline he was quite good but now he does nothing other than laze around in front of the television - useless)

Jane - I sometimes like her from time to time but I've never been a big fan of hers and she's always got on my nerves. I would find some way to write her out.

Jase and Jay: Running out of storylines for them. I would match Dawn up with Garry. I always wanted them together.

Mickey: Axed him - not much use except as a friend to Gus and Gus can find other friends.

Patrick and Yolande: Run out of storylines for them.

Shirley and Vinnie - I would have them leave the square together after her cancer storyline.

Charlie: Write him out as he has nothing to do but drive a cab.

Chelsea - No interesting developments there...

Keep:

Steven (definitely) - I would have gone slow and kept him and Stacey as friends for a while, gradually built up to the Christian storyline and then found other things to do with him. I would have brought him back in 2 months at Christmas time and had him being forgiven more slowly.

Sean - I wouldn't have made him so cruel to Gus. Maybe explored his relationship with Stacey and Jean more and have Stacey eventually find out what he did to their father and disown him and him start self harming because he genuinely loves his sister. All kinds of possibilities.

Christian: Definitely would keep him and do a bit more with him.

Max/Tanya: Would write Max back in somehow and pair him up with Tanya again. They work well together.

Stacey/Bradley: I would cut all the romance stuff with Steven/Stacey and eventually reunite Stacey and Bradley, leaving Steven as a spportive riend to Stacey. Stacey could maybe have helped him come to terms with his attraction to Christian if they had just been friends.

Gus: Would give him something to do other than clean the square.

Ian and the twins: Kept them and developd the father/son and father/daughter relations with them all.

All the Mitchells including Honey obviously. Roxy has a good friendship with Christian. Ronnie/Jack are good. Phil and Shirley have a good friendship but I wouldn't make that long term.

JacK obviously: Would develop his relationship with Ronnie and he has a lovely brother/sister relationship with Tanya.

Pat, Bianca and Ricky: Yes would keep and develop them and the children as well.

Mo: Would keep her and give her something to do.

Bring back:

Not many as there would be overcrowding - I would go for Janine, Belinda and Neville, May and Honey's dad for now.

I would develop a romance between Peggy and Honey's dad. Give May and Tanya a friendship. Develop Belinda, Neville and Janine.

How about you?
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 20-04-2008 at 11:27.

Bring back: Janine. As long as they kept her personality like it was before she'd be great.

Axe: Agreed - Patrick and Yolande, Charlie, Vinnie, Mickie
    - Darren
    - Chelsea - she doesn't really do much on the square except stand around looking moody!

Keep - Shirley
    - Ronnie and Roxy - like the partnership -they have the sisterly squabbling spot on
    - Libby - but they need to give her a proper storyline!

Agree with you about the rest.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Cool. I agree about Chelsea. She's seriously annoying me now but I think Darren and Libby are good together. I wouldn't have Darren leave.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzie Brookes For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (21-04-2008)

AXE

Keith: Axed him.

Mickey: Axed him.

Dawn and Darren: Axe them both.

Peggy: Her time is done and I feel she has no use now. Maybe make her a recurring character that we see ocassionally

Vinne: Axe. Doesn't work for me.

Gary, Hazel, Heather, Minty: They don't work for me and their 'comedy' stuff is crap IMO.

Gus: Axed him.

Ricky: Axe him. Would keep Ricky for a short time before killing him off. Even with the Bianca/Liam connection I don't see much potential for him bar a reunion with Bianca.

Clare: Axe. Don't see the point in her.

KEEP

Steven (definitely) - I would have gone slow and kept him and Stacey as friends for a while, gradually built up to the Christian storyline and then found other things to do with him. I would have brought him back in 2 months at Christmas time and had him being forgiven more slowly. (Agree with everything you said here)

Sean - Kept him 100%. Have Stacey and Jean find out what happened with his dad. Have him have a breakdown and he starts self-harming/taking drugs to cope when Jean has a breakdown and Stacey rails at him. Develop the stuff with Iraq as well and may have kept the stuff with him bullying Gus.

Christian: Would develop him more. Could be part of the whole Belinda/gay husband storyline. Would bring in a permenant partner for him and they try and adopt a child.

Jase and Jay: I would bring in a new love interest for Jase and I would have a bullying storyline for him similar to the one that was in Brookside, where Jay kills the bully.

Patrick and Yolande: Keep them but have them foster children again to give them some decent storylines. Maybe the child that bullies Jay can be one of these foster kids.

Charlie and Mo: Keep them both as they are both background characters for the Slaters. Maybe bring in a love interest for them both.

Jean: I would develop her serious side more as she has a breakdown when she finds out about Sean/his dad.

Ian, Jane and the twins: More family storyline. NO AFFAIRS! Develop Peter's character more. Have Bobby diagnosed with ADDA.

Mitchells: Write Peggy out. phil and Shirley would get together. Phil decides to take Ben on a long holiday back to South Africa (head transplant time ). Would keep Honey and have her and Billy together as a family. Plenty of potential there with the children. Ronnie/Jack is okay for me and I'd have Roxy have a scare with a dirty needle she finds on the street.

Brannings: Get Bradley and Stacey back together. Have Abi act like a 11/12 year old instead of a five-year old. No Tack (Tanya/Jack) and Max comes back. Plenty potential here. Jim comes back and we can explore the Jim/Jack/Max relationship.

Pat, Bianca and kids: Keep them together. Do a rape storyline with Whitney and bring in Tony when he gets out of prison. The rapist would be one the new male characters that arrives on the square and lives in the new flats.

BRING BACK

Belinda Slater: I would introduce her (played by a new actress) and bring her in with her husband, who is secretly gay and has been having an affair with one of the new male characters. Belinda and her husband struggle to have a baby for themselves so Stacey agrees to help her (this is before she gets back with Bradley).

Janine: I would leave off bringing her back for a while but I would bring her back when she comes to Ricky's funeral and seeks Pat's help as she has fallen into trouble. Would bring her back pregnant and alone after being dumped. Would keep her bitchy side though and not tone her down.
    Last edited by Florijo; 20-04-2008 at 14:18.

Axe -
    Keith - he does nothing all the time and even though he never really did anything anyway he is even worse now Rosie is not around - i forget he is still the to be honest he has no significance to the show
    Chelsea - i just generally dont like her character
    Clare - used to like her when she was there with Nigel and Debbie but now she is just horrible
    Queenie - i know she isnt there much but i'd kill her off so she never came back, she is horrible to Heather and i just cant stand the woman
    Sean - He is too mean and violent, you can guarentee that almost every episode he will either hit someone or be horrible to them
    Stacey - I like Stacey but she isnt the girl that came to EE a few years ago, i know people change but i liked that Stacey and i just think there isnt much left for her

Keep -
    Honey Billy etc - so much potential here and it is nice to have a strong family and to see Billy happy
    Bianca/Ricky/Pat & Kids - I love having Ricky & Bianca back, the kids are great there is so much you can do with them, and it is nice to see Pat back on our screens more now that she has some family as such
    Garry/Minty/Heather - Always loved Garry as a character, his friendship with Minty has grown over the years and it is nice to see that, and now the pair of them are friends with Heather too its nice to have that little friendship dynamic instead of typical love type relationships you get in soaps, and i absolutely love Heather
    Shirley - i dont mind either way really, she is an ok character, there are certainly worse but there is potential with her i think
    Roxie (maybe Ronnie too) - not too bothered about Ronnie she has a nice relationship with Roxie but i dont care if she is there or not but i absolutely love Roxie
    Christian/Jane/Ian & kids - Christian is a fab addition to the show would do alot with him, maybe get him a propper boyfriend/partner i would like to develop his relationship with Jane more aswell, Ian bless him is a bit of an idiot at times and can be nasty to people but what is EE without Ian - and of course Peter/Lucy/Steven/Bobby there is so much you can do with all of them
    Charlie/Mo - Only two original Slater's left (even if Mo isn't actually a Slater) but either way it would be a shame to see them go, i think alot can be done with them if they got in relationships and stuff

Bring back -
    Kat - Loved Kat thought she was fantastic would love to get her back see what she has been getting up to
    Zoe - I would love Zoe to come back see how she has grown up since leaving
    Belinda - If Kat is coming back then i would love Bel back, they always argued /had a banter session - would love more of this
    Diane - Some would say she is boring, and i agree but the world isnt just full of loud people going round arguing in the street all the time, or having affairs with everyone i think EE need someone like Diane
    Janine - Having said what i did about Diane i also think it would be nice to get Janine back, just as she was before

Sig dedicated to Charley

Axe - Sean Slater.

Keep - Gus

Bring Back - Michelle Fowler & Rustie Lee

Sorry never said why: Sean Slater is just clear for everyone to see why he should be axed

Never saw the point in Gus, but quite like him lately. Bring back his auntie Opal to look after him and to give Dot and Co some company.

Bring Back Michelle Fowler & her family just so we can see if her son looks like Grant Mitchell or not !!
    Last edited by Mr Maestro; 21-04-2008 at 21:36.

Axe:
    The Millers. Especially Darren.
    Chelsea.
    Roxy, Ronnie, Peggy, Ben.
    Gus.
    Jean.
    Bianca and Ricky.
    Vinnie.

Keep:
    Heather! She's awesome.
    Beales.
    Brannings (all of them)
    Shirley.
    Slaters maybe. Going off them a bit. Keep Sean for sure though.
    Phil. Just cause I like the thing with Shirley.
    Jay and Jase.

Bring back: Don't know.

I am going to sit myself into a nest of nettles with this but here goes:

Axe: Chelsea, I thought she was going when Deano and Denise left, can't stand her constant whining.
    Sean. I am bored with the What He Did To His Father storyline, should have been concluded and the thug sent to jail for murder and the key thrown away, there is no variation to his character anymore, just threatening and menacing, so boring.
    Vinnie Get Phil and Shirley together quickly and let him go back to where he came from.
    Steven So bored with this bi/gay sexual thing, it never develped in my opinion and viewers were just confronted with this all of a sudden, obviously to prepare for his exit, well, lets make it sooner rather than later.
    Christian The same as for Steven, once Steven has gone, there is really no storyline for him anymore, we have all had a laugh at Ian trying to cope with a gay in the family, lets move on.
    Max and Tanya After what happened between those two, him cheating on her with his son's girlfriend and Tanya burying him alive I really don't think that any couple would want to stay together after that and I would make them move away for new beginnings, their storylines have come to an end, anything else will just be repeats of what we have seen before.

The rest of them would stay.

I would bring back Honey's dad as a love interest for Peggy and that is about it.

I would bring back Ruby - at least it would get her out of The Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I would bring back Ruby - at least it would get her out of The Bill!
    You leave her where she is, Kiddiecop must keep on saving the world, Albert Square is much too small for her

Thread Information