Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Honey Mitchell (Emma Barton)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-05-2013 at 22:35.

Honey Mitchell has made a surprise return to EastEnders for a short stint.

The character was last seen on screen in 2008, but reappeared in tonight's episode of the BBC One soap (May 27).

Honey, played by actress Emma Barton, came back to Albert Square with Billy's kids William and Janet.

The news had been kept under wraps by executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins, who took to Twitter directly after the episode had aired to write: "We will keep the surprises coming..."

We will keep the surprises coming... #EastEnders

— DomTreadwellCollins (@dominictc) May 27, 2014

Before the episode, he had tweeted: "#EastEnders tonight at 1930 hrs. We've got two surprises for you - one sweet, one sour..."

Recently, Treadwell-Collins teased that there would be plenty of shocks and twists to come on the soap that would not be publicised prior to transmission, similar to the return of Jane Beale in January.

"We all watch a lot of telly and we want to surprise the audience," he said. "We want to shock them, we want gasps, we want to tell stories in different ways.

"We want more secrets throughout the year. I love it when I watch American shows like True Blood and go, 'Wow!' and you're thrown by the storytelling."

It's @EmmaBarton ! #EastEnders

— DomTreadwellCollins (@dominictc) May 27, 2014

The end of the same episode this evening saw David Wicks (Michael French) suffer a heart attack while attempting to get to his wedding - another surprise that had been kept from the audience.

Meanwhile, Twitter reacted to Honey's return, with actor Nitin Ganatra (Masood Ahmed) writing: "great to see u back in the square!!! Beautiful. X"

Producer Alex Lamb added: "Hooray. We can say @EmmaBarton is back in Walford. #EastEnders. Bringing back the soap surprise! Lovely Honey and the kiddy winks."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-05-2014)

Billy Mitchell is left devastated on EastEnders next week as his ex-wife Honey announces that she is moving abroad with their young children.

Honey drops the bombshell on Billy (Perry Fenwick) as their son William has landed some modelling work in Canada and she plans to seize the opportunity.

Crushed by the news, Billy tries to spend as much time as possible with his kids before they leave. He also gets support from Roxy and Lola, who both urge Honey to change her mind.

When Honey refuses to be swayed, Billy decides that drastic measures are needed and burns Janet's passport so that she can't be taken away.

Disgusted by Billy's behaviour, Honey intervenes by stopping him before he destroys William's passport too.

Billy faces a tough time as an angry Honey gives him some harsh home truths about his parenting skills, but he remains determined to take action and soon resorts to further extreme measures to keep his children.

An EastEnders source told Digital Spy: "Billy will stop at nothing to keep his family nearby, but will his next move make everything worse?"

Emma Barton was seen reprising her role as Honey earlier this week and will be back on screen for a short stint.

Former EastEnders star Emma Barton has revealed that she would love to return to the soap.

The actress - who played Honey Mitchell - said that working on the show was "the best learning experience".

Emma Barton returns to EastEnders as Honey Mitchell
    © BBC / EastEnders
    Emma Barton briefly returned as Honey Mitchell in May 2014

She starred in the soap between 2005 and 2008, before returning for a brief guest stint last May.

She told the Warrington Guardian: "It was the best learning experience but really surreal as I've watched the soap since it started in 1985. I used to call the actors by their characters' names and walked around the set thinking everything looks a lot smaller than it did on screen.

"My family found it weird watching me for a while and couldn't get their heads around me playing a character as they watched EastEnders religiously as well. Even now when I talk to people about it, I think, 'Was that me? Did I do that?' It's such a massive British institution."

She continued: "And even today I was taking my grandmother out and I got stopped by a woman who said she loved my character in EastEnders. It makes me smile.

"I absolutely adored my time there, especially working with Perry Fenwick [her on-screen husband Billy Mitchell] and sharing a screen with people like Barbara Windsor, June Brown and Steve McFadden.

"You're just constantly learning and it was lovely to go back last year. I loved it and I'd go back tomorrow as it is a great show to work on."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-01-2015)

Exclamation Honey Mitchell (Emma Barton)

EastEnders will be welcoming back a familiar face later this year, as Honey Mitchell returns to Walford.

Honey, played Emma Barton, left Albert Square with her children Janet and William in 2008, after her marriage to Billy fell apart. Viewers saw her return briefly back in 2014.

© BBC / EastEnders
    Emma Barton as Honey Mitchell

After a dramatic visit last year, Honey eventually left for a new life in Canada, but chose to leave Janet with her father at the last minute.

While Billy will undoubtedly be pleased to have Honey so close once again, it remains to be seen whether they can rekindle their relationship.

Speaking about reprising her former role, Barton said: "I was absolutely delighted to be asked to return to the Square! Cliché as it sounds, but it's like coming home.

"I've had a wonderful time treading the boards but can't wait to put Honey's shoes back on and find out what's she's been up to and what the future has in store."

EastEnders will air Honey's return later this year.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz3kwg7LS59

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-09-2015), parkerman (06-09-2015)

Life for Billy Mitchell could be looking up on EastEnders later this month as his ex-wife Honey is tempted back into his arms.

Honey (Emma Barton) will return to Walford in a few days' time, taking Billy by surprise as he certainly wasn't expecting her.

It's a case of bad timing for Billy (Perry Fenwick), who's caught up in something dodgy when Honey arrives back.

Viewers will have to tune in to find out exactly what, but when Honey catches him out, a frantic Billy has to explain his actions and promise her that he's changed his ways.

Honey is pacified by Billy's assurances and agrees to stay on his sofa, prompting him to come clean about how he still has feelings for her.

When Honey finds herself embracing Billy, will it just be a one-off or are the pair about to get back together?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Monday, November 16 at 8pm on BBC One.
    Last edited by Perdita; 08-11-2015 at 06:24.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-11-2015)

oh I got all confused with Emma Barton popping up in EastEnders!!! lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-11-2015)

EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins has confirmed Honey Mitchell will get back together with ex-husband Billy for good when she returns to the soap.

Honey has been in Canada with the couple's youngest child William, but it isn't long before the pair are getting passionate once again on the square.

Speaking to The Sun's TV Soap magazine, Treadwell-Collins said: "I was working in the EastEnders story office when we did the birth of Janet with Honey and Billy [in 2006].

Billy is taken aback when Honey asks him to join her
    © BBC

"No matter who we've put Billy with, Honey is the love of his life and viewers adore her. Emma Barton [who plays her] is a joy."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-11-2015)

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/east...fling-rumours/

Emma Barton - who plays Honey - has now appeared to pour cold water on the rumours, insisting that her character wouldn't dream of trying to steal away Jack.

"I think it's all very funny because Jack is a very attractive man with a reputation for loving the ladies - especially the Mitchell ladies," Emma told Inside Soap.

"But maybe he's just mesmerised by Honey's hair clips! Honey would have no clue, but she loves to be friends with everyone - and she did get Jack and Ronnie back together after all.

"Flirting with Jack wouldn't enter her head."

Revealing what she really wants to happen, Emma explained: "I want Honey and Billy to stay together, absolutely. I think it's nice to have a normal family unit in the show - a run of the mill couple with two children just trying to earn a living.

"They've had their ups and downs, but I think that reflects on many young families' lives at the moment. So I'm very passionate about keeping them together."

Honey will dump Billy next week as Jay Brown's drugs scandal threatens to tear their family apart, but it's Jack who steps in by urging her to give Billy another chance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (17-08-2016)

EastEnders star Emma Barton has spoken out over Jamie Borthwick's not-so-secret crush on her - and it's all quite sweet really.

Jamie, who plays show favourite Jay Brown, developed something of a teenage crush on the Honey Mitchell actress when he joined the show, and recently admitted that he still teases her about it.

"I was about 14 when I first set eyes on Emma Barton," Jamie said previously. "I fell in love with her long, shapely legs and I wanted to marry her.

"Perry [Fenwick, who plays Billy] told me to chat her up, and I remember walking over to her and saying, 'Alright darlin'... wow, you smell nice'. It brought the house down and we still laugh about it."

And now Emma has had her say on the matter, confirming that it really is just as amusing as we first thought.

When quizzed about it by The Sun, Emma said: "Aww, my Jamie. So this would have been 12 years ago.

"He used to kiss me on set and say to me, before I went in, 'Good luck, Em, good luck, Em'. He's like my baby brother. I am so protective over him it's unreal."

Digital Spy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-01-2017)

Thread Information