Thread: Arc Word

Arc Word

Has anyone figured out this series arc word yet? (series 1=Bad Wulf,Series 2=Torchwood,Series 3=Saxon) I haven't yet...Anyone else?

I think Rose is the story arc (or something surrounding Rose). We saw her in the first episode. And since that episode there have been cryptic messages for the Doctor. In Pompeii the Auror said "she is returning" to the Doctor and that Donna had something on her back (Rose coming back for the Doctor and therefore replacing Donna) and this week the Sigma Ood said that his song would be ending soon.

Obviously however Rose returns has to signal something major and an accompanying big bad, seeing as we were told that there was no way that Rose could return from the other dimension and the Doctor used the last little rip in the fabric of time to send his hologrammatic message to Rose.

I just hope that the writers don't corrupt Rose in order to bring her back as the Big Bad - that would really be devastating for the Doctor if the girl he loves has to be defeated once and for all. But without making her evil then potentially they may have to kill her off or permanently close the door on her so that the Doctor can move forward.

Sorry... rambling now!

with them saying "your song will end soon" i think it means a re-generation is on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    with them saying "your song will end soon" i think it means a re-generation is on the cards.
    Very good idea, though I am loathed to say goodbye to David Tennant (there are obviously no guarantees but I had hoped that the series tailing off next year was to allow DT to do other stuff and then come back to Doctor Who afterwards).

Sigma Ood's declaration can be read in so many ways...

It could be The Doctor's longing for Rose will come to an end (through her return and possible death).

It could be his guilt over being the last of the Time Lords coming to an end (Master returning?? someone picked up his ring at the end of last series... that could be expanded on).

The Ood also see the Doctor and Donna as a single entity "DoctorDonna" so the song coming to an end could be them going their seperate ways (Donna has been warned she has something on her back... could Donna be killed off).

And it could obviously be The Doctor's (DT) death (though The Doctor would still go on in a regenerated form).

I am sure there are even more readings into it all. I am plumping for it meaning Rose's return because we seem to be getting some "obscure" reference to her return in each episode (like in previous series Torchwood, Bad Wolf or Saxon was repeatedly mentioned somehow). And although I love Rose & The Doctor they need to have real closure one way or another or Rose will continue to overshadow all future companions whilst the Doctor pines for her.

But I wouldn't put it past RTD to throw something else in to confuse and misdirect us so it isn't all quite so obvious.

Looks like David Tennant is currently filming the Christmas episode (news stories and photos on the sun website and it was mentioned on my local bbc news as he's filming in gloucester) so that suggests that he's not going to be definitively killed off for the season finale (woot woot!!!)

So maybe the Ood wasn't referring to his regeneration but to something else. Fingers crossed!!

I read somewhere that there isn't one "word" that goes across this series. But there is a few things that get carried to the finale. I think the thing about the bees is going to come back at some point - Thats twice its been mentioned.

I noticed that about the bees.

In the cinema trailer Donna was getting chased by a wasp. I know it's not a bee but i guess it kinda comes under the same category.

It would be nice if Rose was the arc...well, theme really.

Well, I have recently read that the Goddess Venus & Medusa Cascades are both related and they are the arc words for this series...

Thread Information