Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assignment Help - Opinions/Views

Oh right are they? We don't get that down here. Interesting. Do you get advertisements for British shows on billboards? What other kinds of advertisement is done in England/London?

Do you use services such as BBC iPlayer? If yes, why? E.g. don't have to worry about missing something, can watch what you want when you want, can watch something on a different channel... etc..

Yes i do watch Iplayer as it is much easier to watch things when i have nothing to do like early in the morning rather than in the evenings when the soaps are on as i am doing other things such as studying or playing football or going to the gym.

Do you think they are a good idea? Do you think every channel should have that service available? Such as Ch5...

I think they are a good idea as it gives people more flexibility in watching television and people could watch a show that they may not be able to due to the time it is on telly.

Do you think they are a bad idea? Why?

I personally dont think they are a bad idea, plus as the start of the year i didnt have a TV it meant i could still watch my favourite shows and now i have it the receptions is not too great.

Do you tend to use them more than actually watching TV?

DEfinitly, like i said before the signal where i am at the minute is not too great and the quality on iplayer etc is really good

Do you think the tv stations (on an actual tv) are going to eventually fade out? Should TV companies be worried? What do you think they can do to boost up viewings (on an actual tv)?

not really as the reception when good in an area there is less hassle with the downloading, plus my computer tends to overheat when watching them as it is running for a long time and causes it to freeze.

For Welsh people (please state whether you are fluent in the Welsh language); Do you watch S4C? Why? E.g... celebrate Welsh language/culture, good programmes...etc... If not, why? E.g. not all programmes have English subtitles (if you are non Welsh speaker, programmes aren't your thing... etc.. If S4C had an online service, would you watch it more?

Living in Wales i do watch S4C now and again, with the sound down and the subtitles. I think it is nice to keep up to date with your local area, as at home i watch channel m (channel manchester) News. I watched wedi 5 the other afternoon as it had something on about Caernarfon and the galleri which i found interesting. Its also fun to watch Rownd a Rownd as it is filmed over the bridge and its nice recognising things. It also helps picking up a bit of the language. I dont think the online service would make me watch it as i tend to only watch it if its on and i am in the vicinity.

This is all for now. I may ask more after reading people's opinions. I would really appreciate all views.

Oh and an eastenders bus is now there are adverts fo easternders on the side of buses saying things like RickAAAAAAAAAAY. April on Eastenders, don't miss it. THere are quite a lot of advertisments for TV shows in Manchester City Centre and at train stations.
    Last edited by Katy; 17-04-2008 at 20:34.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (17-04-2008)

These buses... are they just in England. Has anyone in Wales, Scotland or NI seen them??

On tube escalators there are advertisements, when Ronnie and Roxy came into Eastenders there was a massive ad campaign on the tube.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 17-04-2008 at 20:42.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (17-04-2008)

I think billboards in London advertise Eastenders aswell, not sure about other shows someone who lives there may be able to answer that.

The busses im not sure where they are either but England deffinately do, as do advertisements inside black cabs (like on the back of seats) least i know i have been in a couple which do

Sig dedicated to Charley

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx-Vicky-xX For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (17-04-2008)

I seen them on Stagecoach Manchester i havent sen them in WAles im afraid.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (17-04-2008)

I haven't seen them anywhere in Yorkshire.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I haven't seen them anywhere in Yorkshire.
    I know they are in West Yorkshire because my mates see them all the time and moan about how annoying they are

Sig dedicated to Charley

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Do you use services such as BBC iPlayer? If yes, why? E.g. don't have to worry about missing something, can watch what you want when you want, can watch something on a different channel... etc..
    yeh i use iplayer and 4od, both mainly when im at uni cos of the shows clashing with other things which i do in the evenings and my video doesnt record stuff. also when im bored i flick through 4od cos it has quite a lot of shows on there which are different/one-offs which look interesting. dont use the itv one though cos 1) i dont really watch anything on itv, and 2) i tried using it and my computer had way too many issues with it so i gave up!

Do you think they are a good idea? Do you think every channel should have that service available? Such as Ch5...
    i think theyre an excellent idea, as i hate missing things when i go out! id quite like ch5 to have one cos i cant get ch5 at uni and although before i wasnt too bothered, now id quite like to be able to see neighbours lol! i dont think it will ever happen with sky/cable channels though cos of the whole subscription issue, and also (and i might be wrong cos i dont have sky) but isnt sky+ sort of the same thing? so i dont think its really needed. also, although i think theyre a good idea, i think some of the programmes need to be available for longer, i think maybe iplayer should have their programmes available for a fortnight or maybe even a month like 4od

i dont think theyre a bad idea, although they are very distracting as you can use it as an excuse to not do something youre meant to be doing as you can watch the shows whenever you want

no i dont think so as i try and watch the programmes on the tv when i can, although it does differ depending on other commitments i have, when i have very busy weeks then i will obviously use them more than watching the tv. also i prefer watching shows on the actual tv rather than my computer

Do you think the tv stations (on an actual tv) are going to eventually fade out? Should TV companies be worried? What do you think they can do to boost up viewings (on an actual tv)?
    i dont think so cos even with these catchup services online, id say the majority of people still tend to sit down and watch the shows on tv so i dont think thats going to change any time soon. plus if you sit down in the evenings as a family to watch the tv, its a lot harder to all sit round a computer screen. and whereas the only real problem with the tv is if theres a power cut, the computer has a lot more problems with not working/the programmes not being available
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (17-04-2008)

I do I dont know which I use more though, I only really use them if I happen to miss an episode or cant watch an episode.

I think they should, I mean sometimes I dont have time to watch some programs, it depends what time I get in from college, and it makes it easier that if I miss an epsiode Its no problem

Nope dont think they are a bad idea

Not realy, I only use them if I miss an epsiode for what ever reason, I dont miss them on TV by purpose

I dont really know, I dont think they will fade out, cos theres something I just like about having a full night of TV and the times given that I have to watch them, I feel a bit werid watching them online sometimes its a bit werid and I dont get the same feeling but at the same time I love them cos it means I dont miss anything.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (17-04-2008)

Thread Information