Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr May back in Albert Square

Dr May back in Albert Square

LOCK up your bunnies ... Mad May is back. Yes, the woman who single-handedly turned Albert Square into an East End version of Fatal Attraction is returning.

The GP from hell was last seen being arrested and sectioned following a failed plot to steal Dawn Swann’s baby by giving her an unwanted Caesarean last June.

Dawn (Kara Tointon) was pregnant by May’s husband Rob Minter (Stuart Laing) who got embroiled in his wife’s dark scheming.

The storyline was so stark that show bosses axed their ending at the 11th hour. Most of the climax was re-written and re-filmed.

But May, played by Amanda Drew, returns when she manages to meet Jase Dyer (Stephen Lord). He has no idea what she did in the past.

May hears Jase talking about Dawn and her daughter Summer. A show insider said: “Is May back to baby-snatching? Does she plan more trouble for Dawn? It’s an explosive storyline.”

Producers have shrouded Amanda’s return in secrecy. Scripts even give her character a different name.

Amanda told TV Biz: “May is a gift of a role for any actor because of her complexity. I am so excited to be playing her again.

“It would be a shame to give too much away but she has changed in many ways.”

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: “It’s great to have Amanda back. Dr May is a hugely popular and exciting character, brilliantly performed by Amanda, and I’m sure viewers will be keen to see what she gets up to and how she’s changed.”

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

bakedbean (14-04-2008), Joanne (14-04-2008), matt1378 (18-04-2008), moonstorm (14-04-2008), red47 (14-04-2008), sam23 (14-04-2008), sindydoll (14-04-2008)

oh wow hope so its sounds good

I loved May's character and Amanda Drew played her so brilliantly. I'm really looking forward to her coming back.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joanne For This Useful Post:

matt1378 (18-04-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I loved May's character and Amanda Drew played her so brilliantly. I'm really looking forward to her coming back.
    I read that she was going to be in Holby as an abuse victim.. didn't hear she was coming back to EE.. would be great if she does
    Super Mod

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I read that she was going to be in Holby as an abuse victim.. didn't hear she was coming back to EE.. would be great if she does
    She is on HOLBY BLUE the 2nd part is Thursday,,she does play a battered/abused wife,, yep..

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Another EXPLOSIVE storyline????? I am not sure it is a good idea to bring her back, even tho we loved to hate May's character. Are they going to bring Rob back ?? She has to have her sniveling weak hubby in tow

Hmmmm who else are they going to bring back to EE

this is so weird, i was wondering just last week if she'd ever come back!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Looking forward to her return Should be good
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

No, Rob;s not coming back.

Aw...Im really pleased she is coming back... Im liking the return of several old cast members at the moment.....glad after the last few years of a number of new faces joining, that they are bring back established characters.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thread Information