Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Jake Dean' quits 'Hollyoaks'

'Jake Dean' quits 'Hollyoaks'

Hollyoaks actor Kavin Sacre has quit the Channel 4 soap after almost six years.

Sacre, who is the oldest member of Hollyoaks' young cast, promised himself he'd leave the show when he hit the age of 30.

Now he plans to pursue other projects and interests which he enjoyed prior to his stint in the Chester-based soap.

Speaking of his decision to quit, the actor said: "I have been here since I was 24 and I turned 30 in March. I decided that once I turned 30 I'd go and explore other avenues. We have a lot of good actors on the show and it's good to see them go on to do great things because people are always saying that Hollyoaks actors are rubbish, which is so unfair and untrue.

"I'd love to go and do something and people say 'oh look there's Kev, he's doing well and he's one of our lot."

A Hollyoaks source told DS: "Jake's mental health issues will play a big part in his downfall, which ties in with one of the soap's big ongoing storylines involving Warren and Louise.

"It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to realise who he's accused of killing, but there are twists along the way culminate in Jake's exit from the soap - and one of them includes a wallet which is found in his belongings..."

Sacre filmed his final scenes at Lime Pictures, home of Hollyoaks, last week and will remain on screen until May.

Since joining the soap in 2002, his character has featured prominently in iconic storylines including his ill-fated relationship with Becca Dean (Ali Bastian), baby Charlie's leukemia and Jake's marriage and domestic abuse towards Nancy Hayton (Jessica Fox).

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-04-2008), moonstorm (12-04-2008), tammyy2j (13-04-2008)

Good! To be honest his character was pushed to the limit and there's nothing really left for Jake anymore.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

yeah, there isn't really anywhere else you can take a character after all they've put him through

I liked Jake when he was the happy go lucky guy when he hanged around Ben and Dan, but his character was ruined when he married Becca and she had the affair with Justin.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (12-04-2008)

I too liked his character more years ago but I have to say he has been very convincing being evil. He actually gave me goosebumps. I can't believe he is leaving so soon. Ah well.

I did like him , but now they have just ruined his character

I think it's about time that he left. I don't think there is anywhere else for his character to go.

I preferred him years ago like when he went out with Jodie, he turned boring when he got with Becca, and i dont believe he's quit at all, theyll have told him they want him gone.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I'd much prefer Chris Fountain/Justin to go!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Its time Jake went there is nothing else for him.

I can't see how he would be involved with Warren and Louise and Sean's murder

Thread Information