Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gavin and Stacey

'Gavin & Stacey 3' will be final series

Gavin & Stacey co-creator James Corden has revealed that the show will end after the next series.

The BBC sitcom, starring Mathew Horne and Joanna Page, is due to return this year for a third series.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4, Corden said he and Ruth Jones would not revive it beyond series three, adding, "We might need some money. But the way it's looking at the moment, no."

Corden also dismissed speculation for any future specials of the show, despite the Christmas episode achieving high ratings.

The show's characters Vanessa Jenkins and Bryn West - aka actors Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon - are currently number one in the UK singles chart.

at least we can be thankful there's another series. i can't wait to see if smithy and nessa end up together, and how they'll be as parents! it'll be weird seeing mick on it now i know him as archie!!!

LUSH comedy legend Pam Ferris will soon be larkin' around in Gavin And Stacey - as Smithy's mum Kath.
    The Darling Buds Of May star, 61, has been signed up by two of her biggest fans - the show's actor-writers James Corden and Ruth Jones.

Pam is the latest big name to join the award-winning sitcom - the cast already features Abigail's Party legend Alison Steadman and top stand-up comic Rob Brydon.

An insider told TV Biz: "Pam really is the icing on the cake - the only way they could make this better is by getting Sir David Jason to play Smithy's dad."

Look out for Pam this autumn when the show's third and final series will hit our screens.

The Sun

That will be quality! she is brilliant , so glad its back for another series but also quite glad its the last one as many series have been ruined by doing too many, but then again some could have easily gone on longer so i think it depends.

That really made more sense in my head!

COMICS VOW TO RETURN FANS looking forward to Gavin & Stacey’s comeback this month may have to wait years to see any more.

The new series on BBC1 had been billed as the last.

But star Ruth Jones, 42, says she and James Corden, 31, have not ruled out writing another series.

Ruth, who plays Nessa, said: “Although this is the last series, I don’t think it necessarily means the end of Gavin & Stacey.

“James and I have talked about how we’d like to do maybe a TV special at some point.

“It won’t be next year. It would be a few years down the line.

“It would be good to catch up with the characters in a few years. But we need to let the dust settle.”

What a great opening to the new series, loved the part at the begining when they kept phoning Gavin at work. Its brilliant.

The new characters like Smithys mum work really well as well, and i love sheridan smith as Rudi.

Is this the last series?

yes, for now i think the consensus from the cast is at the moment, i know joanna page has been on a few talk shows saying how sad it was filming the last series.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-11-2009)

Did anyone see it last night??

IT WAS BLOOMIN AMAZING!!

wheres the salad?

where's the salad??

XD geniusness

Pan Ferris as Smithy's mum - genius casting, so alike

12. The Following User Says Thank You to no1abbafan For This Useful Post:

Katy (27-11-2009)

Thread Information